If you want to take any screenshot or record any video while playing games on your computer, get invited to the game, search out for a new team player with LFG, or want to stay in touch with your Xbox friends, the Xbox game bar will help you to do the same.
But if you want to disable or enable the Xbox game bar on Windows 10, you will find the best way over here. Get a quick solution and resolve this issue at the earliest.
Method 1: Disable Via The Settings App
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Windows Setting’ either by pressing the ‘I + Windows key’ simultaneously or through the start menu, go to the settings, and then tap on the gear icon.
- Step 2: Select the option of gaming present under the settings of the Xbox game bar. Toggle the switch to disable or enable the Xbox game bar.
- Step 3: Press ‘Windows key + G’ simultaneously to access the Xbox game bar. You can even press the Xbox button through the Xbox controller.
- Step 4: If you have disabled the Xbox, nothing will occur.
There are customizable methods or shortcuts available in Windows 10 to take screenshots or record any video of the game being played on a computer. One such method is the Xbox game bar.
Method 2: Disabling Through Registry Editor
- Step 1: Go to the search box present on the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Step 2: Write ‘Regedit’ and press ‘enter’.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Yes’ to run the registry editor.
- Step 4: Expand Microsoft, CurrentVersion, GameDVR, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, individually.
- Step 5: Click right on the ‘AppCaptureEnabled’ key present on the right side of the panel.
- Step 6: Alter the data value from 1 to 0. The data value of the ‘HistoricalCaptureEnabled’ key can be changed to switch off the game DVR.
Also Read: How To Enable Screen Share In Discord
Method 3: Group Policy Technique
- Step 1: Press ‘Windows key + E’ simultaneously. It will open the ‘Run dialog’.
- Step 2: Write msc in the text box.
- Step 3: Hit ‘Ok’ to open the local group policy editor.
- Step 4: Expand Administrative templates, computer configuration, windows game recording, and broadcasting, and windows components order-wise.
- Step 5: Click right on ‘Enable or disable Windows game recording and broadcasting’ present on the right side of the panel.
- Step 6: Click on disable and then ‘OK’ to confirm.
It was a small but complete guide on the methods to disable the Xbox game bar on Windows 10 with some easy steps. Apply any one of them that seems to be easier for you and disable Xbox. We have explained other tech hacks as well on our site. Go through them and explore the world of tech differently.