Often, when you download large files from Mega.nz, you may get an error message saying “Out Of HTML5 Offline Storage Space”. You have a preconceived notion that these kinds of errors are difficult to overcome. You may leave the current site you are working on to switch to an alternative. Though switching to another alternative may sound easier but on the other hand, it’s time-consuming too. Also, it’s not easy, especially when large files are involved.
In this article, we will take a look at the following things:
- What happens when you are out of HTML5 Storage Space Mega Error
- How To Fix the Out Of HTML5 Offline Storage Space issue
What happens when you are out of HTML5 Storage Space Mega Error
If you are a Mega. nz user, you already know that it does not allow the end-users to download huge files. It also offers huge storage limits for the free tier users but not providing its users the right to download files is a big drawback. Many users have been waiting for this feature to be added. Mega. nz has offered an alternative to the users. The alternative being they can download via MegaSync.
MegaSync is a perfect alternative for its in-house users for downloading/uploading files. It works wonderfully with any bandwidth speed. But what if the user is a one-time visitor who wants to download large files from their platform? They would not want to download another chrome/firefox plugin.
The feature of downloading is not coming anytime soon, till then we would like to help our readers in fixing errors like “Out Of HTML5 Offline Storage Space”.
Moving forward we will now talk about the ways to resolve the “Out Of HTML5 Offline Storage Space” issue so that you can download the files of your choice
How To Fix HTML5 Storage Space Issue
Taking care of this error is very simple but keep in mind that it is not 100% reliable and you may end up with no downloads. But, giving this method a try won’t cause you any harm.
- Step 1: Navigate and open the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- Step 2: Navigate to the 3 dots at the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome.
- Step 3: Open the Google Chrome Settings option.
- Step 4: Alternative: you can type in chrome://settings/ URL field present at the top of the browser.
- Step 5: Then, Scroll down. Navigate to the “Advanced Settings” section.
- Step 6: Proceed further and choose the “Content Settings” option
- Step 7: After that, go to the content settings.
- Step 8: You can locate the “Cookies” menu at the beginning itself.
- Step 9: Lastly, you need to search for the “Mega Cookies” data record.
- Step 10: Go to the search bar beside the “All Cookies & Site Data” option.
- Step 11: Press the trash can icon to delete.
This will help in clearing all the cookies that have been stored and will free up some space for you to complete the download from Mega.nz
Well, post-reading the whole article you all must have known that there are two prominent reasons which lead to storage issues in HTML. The first reason for this error to occur is that your desktop does not have enough space for downloading huge files. Therefore, make sure that the device can hold such huge files. Another reason for this storage space issue to occur is if you have been using the Mega Browser Download method too many times in a short time. Using it too many times will stack up the cookie data. This hinders the downloading process. Therefore, make sure you clear your cookie data. Also, now that you know how to fix this problem, we hope you can easily download the files on your system without facing any inconvenience.