With the evolution of the global pandemic, all the educational and professional sectors switched to work from home amenities under which students and candidates were asked to pursue their work or courses through the online mode. This led to an increase in download of various video conferencing apps such as Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams etc because everything from online classes to office meetings started taking place online.
In addition, though it’s was a good thought for continuing the workflow but at times some of the Video Conferencing Apps such as “Google Meet” exhibited issues in the grid view due to which the participants faced a lot of disturbance during their online meetings or discussions for a certain period and were unable to continue their meeting online.
With so much buzz about this issue, we thought of knocking it off at the end and have come up with some easy-breezy methods for our audience which can be utilized for fixing this issue with ease.
Let’s talk about the methods which can be implemented for resolving the google meet grid issue.
Method 1: Approval of Grid View
At certain times it’s possible that Google Meet won’t allow you to use the grid view feature and that’s when you can implement these steps to enable the grid view feature easily.
- Step 1: Tap on the “More options button” which is displayed within the bottom section of the controls bar.
- Step 2: Proceed further to choose ” Change Layout ” from the menu which is depicted on the screen.
- Step 3: Choose “Tiled Layout” and boom the grid view is enabled within your Google Meet application.
Method 2: Remove the Pinned Participants
The issue of the google meet grid view not working can be resolved if the organizer unpins the pinned participants from the list. It’s much easier than all the other methods utilized for fixing this issue and also shows effective results.
Follow these steps to resolve this issue post unpinning the participant on Google Meet.
- Step 1: You need to open the participant’s list which is displayed on the bottommost section of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap on the three dots which are visible beside the name of the participant who you have pinned during the group meeting.
- Step 3: Tap on the unpin option from the displayed menu and it’s done!
Method 3: Opt for a Google Chrome Extension
Last but not least we have also jotted down this method of adding an extension because sometimes the web version works out faster as compared to others.
Follow these steps to add the Google Chrome Extension within the system.
- Step 1: Exit from the meeting taking place over Google Meet.
- Step 2: Choose Google Chrome and open it on your device.
- Step 3: Proceed further to download the updated version Google Meet Grid View Extension available on the Chrome Web Store.
- Step 4: Move ahead and join the meeting again through the extension version of Google Meet.
- Step 5: The final step deals with the addition of a toggle extension which fixes the google meet grid view and resolves the issue of grid layout.
Method 4: Examine the Google Chrome Extension
At times it’s seen that post installing the Google Chrome Extension users don’t update it which creates difficulties within the extension and doesn’t allow the users to access the features of Google Meet. It also prohibits the grid view from working in Google Meet so that’s the reason it’s very important to update the extension regularly.
- Step 1: Click on ‘Google Chrome and tap on the three dots displayed under the topmost right section of the screen.
- Step 2: Navigate through More Tools and choose “Extensions” from the extended menus.
- Step 3: Cross-Check in the extensions page whether Google Meet Grid View is added or not and if it’s not there then install it within the system.
Method 5: Update the Google Chrome Extension
This method is a bonus point for the users who aren’t aware of the technical aspects and want to get rid of this issue easily.
Follow the steps given below for downloading the latest version of the Google Chrome Extension.
- Step 1: Click on the ‘ Google Meet ‘ Application and navigate through the grid which is displayed on the topmost margin of the meeting screen near the chat icon.
- Step 2: Tap on the ‘Grid’ option and further you’ll see that a notice is displayed in the drop-down menu stating that a new extension is downloaded within the device by Chris Gamble.
- Step 3: Tap on the notice option which will further open a new window of Google Chrome Extension for Chris Gamble’s new Grid view extension.
- Step 4: Move downwards to the screen where “Official Released” is displayed and further tap on the link applicable for Google Chrome which will download the latest icon on the screen.
- Step 5: Move to Google Chrome Extension and eliminate the old grid extension.
- Step 6: Start the Google Meeting again.
Method 6: Choose and Download Different Extensions
Sometimes adding google chrome extensions or updating it also doesn’t work out and that’s when tech analysts suggest that users should opt for downloading other extensions rather than Google Chrome and what if they work out and show effective results.
Our team has done an extensive research to jot down these methods for your convenience so that it’s easier for you to solve the google meet grid view fix issue instantly without any commotion. These methods are very easy and post implementing these there’s a 100% guarantee that you won’t land up with grid view issues again. Alternatively, you can also opt for Sidebar view as it’s much more convenient and allows you to pin the participants of your choice which at times is prohibited by grid view.