At times you might have observed that you are unable to see your acquaintance profile on Facebook. It is because they have unfriended you on Facebook. After checking that your acquaintance unfriended you might be hurtful and your mind must be putting up a sequence of questions to know the reason. Before we jump to the methods of checking who unfriended you on Facebook, we would like to clarify some important terms. You might get blocked, unfriended, or unfollowed on Facebook. Every action can constraint your relationship with other subscribers but there is a requirement of the explanation of some distinctions.
If somebody blocks you, it indicates that he wants to eliminate you for accessing their profile. Because of this reason, neither you can chat with them nor check out their profile posts and comments. If somebody unfriended you, there’s an option to chat with them but you should understand that they aren’t interested in connecting with you much. Now without delaying it further, let’s understand the methods that will help you to see who unfriended you on Facebook & why?
Methods to See Who Unfriended You on Facebook
Facebook will not let you notify exactly who unfriended you on Facebook. That’s why it’s completely on you if you want to know who removed you from their friends’ list. We will be explaining three simple methods that will help you to find it out with ease.
Method 1: Check For Friend-Specific Post
If somebody eliminates you from their friend list, it’s not necessary that you can’t see their upcoming post on Facebook. You can easily look out for their public post, it might come in your feed as well if any mutual is sharing their post too. You just can not see their post that is friend-specific i.e. post limited to a certain group of friends.
- If an icon of ‘people’ appears under the name in their post, it indicates that you are seeing their private post.
- If the icon of ‘globe’ appears under the name in their post, it indicates that you are seeing their public post.
- If every post has the icon of the globe it indicates that you can never see their private post because they unfriended you.
- If they have never posted any private post, then this method will turn into a failure for you.
Method 2: Check Profile
If you feel that a specific person might have unfriended you on Facebook, the easy way to find this out is by visiting the Facebook profile of that person.
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app.
- Step 2: Go to the profile of the person whom you doubt has unfriended you on Facebook.
- Step 3: Look out for the label of ‘Friends’ under the name of your friend.
- Step 4: If you can see the label, that means they haven’t unfriended you yet.
- Step 5: If a button of ‘Add friend’ appears that means you got unfriended by that person.
- Step 6: Depending upon the type of pictures they post on Facebook, you can only see their public posts.
Method 3: Check if the Person appears in your Friend List
You can even check out your friend list on Facebook to find out if that specific person unfriended you or not. To check it out:
- Step 1: Go to the app and open your profile.
- Step 2: Tap on the ‘Friends’ option.
- Step 3: Enter the name of the person in your friend list to check if they unfriended you or not.
- Step 4: If the name appears in the list, that means you are still their friend.
- Step 5: If the name doesn’t exist, it indicates that they have unfriended you.
This article must have made you understand the techniques that can help you out to find out who unfriended you on Facebook. If you find out who removed you from their friend list but don’t get disheartened as in the end, you get to know who’s your true friend and who’s not interested in being your friend.