There are numerous Android users in the world. They opted for Android because of its interactive and simple features. But at times, Android faces some glitches as well. Most of the glitches can be easily fixed, but there are a few glitches that take time to get fixed because users take enough time to find out the most appropriate solution for it. The feature of messaging also contains caches such as sending an SMS via server. There are a lot of people who are unaware of this issue still, the internet is filled with queries like what exactly sent as SMS via server means. If you are one of the users who is trying to find out the answer to the same question, you don’t need to browse other websites now, as we will be discussing it in detail in the upcoming sections of this article.
Meaning Of Sent SMS via Server
With the recent updates in the software, users are astonished with the features too and always wanted to try them out. Talking about the feature of SMS in Android phones, earlier when users type the message, the status of the message can be seen on the top that shows either send, delivered, or received. But in the recent feature, it shows an SMS sent via the server. This is the reason why users are curious to know what exactly sending an SMS via server means. To understand it better, you have to find out what exactly RCS means.
Rich Communication Service
RCH protocol i.e. Rich Communication Service is a modified form to text someone, after collecting the features from Messenger, Facebook, What’s app, and iMessage in one application only. This amazing protocol lets you receive or send group chats, audio, video, and high pixelated pictures that performs like other rich texting applications. Google initiated rolling out Rich Communication Service as a primary platform of text in Androids in November 2020.
Ways To Stop ‘Sent as SMS via Server’ Issue
Method 1: Enabling the Option of ‘Show When Delivered’
- Step 1: Go to the messaging application on your Android device.
- Step 2: Go to the options of settings of the app, present on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: On the visible screen, select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Step 4: Switch on the toggle button of ‘Get SMS delivery reports.
Method 2: Clear Cache
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Settings’ of your phone.
- Step 2: Scroll downwards to search for ‘Apps and Notifications’. Select it.
- Step 3: Find the ‘Message application’ and tap on it.
- Step 4: Go to the ‘Storage’ option.
- Step 5: Choose the option of ‘clear cache’.
Method 3: Use “Device in Safe Mode”
- Step 1: Switch off your phone. Restart it by pressing and holding on to the power key until the logo of the phone appears on the screen.
- Step 2: Now, press and hold on to the volume button.
- Step 3: An option of ‘Safe Mode’ appears on the screen’s bottom-left corner. Check if your problem got solved.
Though the dialogue box of ‘sent as SMS via server’ is not a major issue, at times it can be a bit frustrating for those who only receive and send a text message. Now, that you are well aware of the reasons for the issue of ‘What exactly sent as SMS via server’ means along with the fixes so this would surely benefit you. Try out any of the explained methods to fix this issue.