There are a lot of Witcher players who have already begun to play Witcher 3 and might be wondering one common question and i.e. should you play the Witcher 1 and 2 before 3? Witcher has now turned out a franchise rather than a gaming series. The storyline of the novel, tv, or gaming series is just phenomenal. CD Projekt Red did great work by creating Witcher 3.If you want to know more about the Witcher and the answer to the common question Should You Play The Witcher 1 and 2 before 3? Here you’ll get to know everything that you must be thinking about Witcher in your mind but couldn’t find out the exact answer on Google. Let’s get started!
Brief On Witcher Game
The franchise of Witcher is not just limited to a particular source of media such as a TV show or an RPG series but also relates to numerous great polish prose. Geralt of Rivia was born on a short story page that was written 40 years ago.
How Geralt got a way to the PC and Console screen and burned the white hair that was seen by millions of gamers is a two-entity tale: one belongs to a series of excellent novels of fantasy written by Andrzej Sapkowski and the second one is a video game named ‘Pair polish’ that consists of various unusable codes and a great idea.
Also Read: Wcc Is The Best Game For Android-Do You Agree?
Should You Play The Witcher 1 & 2 Before 3?
No, you don’t need to play the Witcher 1 and 2 before 3. The Witcher 3 ,i.e., the Wild hunt is a masterpiece and has dynamic gameplay and that’s why even if you backdrop Witcher 1 and 2, you won’t feel any loss in it. This game is a huge open world that is filled with thrills and adventures and numerous characters that will amaze you regardless of your earlier knowledge of the universe.
The work done by CD PROJEKT RED is amazing as it provides the backstory to the player via gameplay and dialogue without dumping the information for the newly joined players to speed up their game by allowing them to know about the characters and the world of the Witcher and make it more interesting. If the newly joined player feels lost while playing the game, they can check out the references data log to get a fast recap of a few aspects of the history of the game or about the character.
Game freaks who are interested in the gameplay and not in the narrative can easily skip the series’ first two parts.
- The Witcher 1 combat system is a little wonky when compared to the dynamic and polished combat seen in Witcher 3. Many players will be confused with the combat as it is not just a varied skill-based system of attack but also a timing-focused point-and-click attack system.
- Witcher 2 stays more up-to-date because of the RPG modern meta of action, those players who aren’t much interested in the story of Witcher will not get much enthralled while watching out the lower-spec graphics and small scope.
- Witcher 2 & 3 plots are interconnected, if one follows them properly, one can find out about Geralt, who he is, and in which world he finds himself. If you want to experience an incredible action RPG, directly go for the Witcher 3, the perfect masterpiece of the gaming series.
Also Read: Failed To Download The File: Contents Differ From What Was Expected-Minecraft Problematic Error
Second Thought: Is It Worth To Play Witcher 1 & 2?
- Yes, of course! You should play at least Witcher 2 if you aren’t interested in Witcher 1. It will surely enhance your experience. As we know Witcher 3 is full of action and has well-designed gameplay along with an immersive open world that makes the game on the Top. The characters and their personalities, and the story of the game is great indeed! We haven’t forgotten about its top-quality sound structure that makes Witcher 3 a god-given masterpiece.
- Witcher 2 is also not that bad as the replay value of the game is great. It has a branching narrative that opens up the previous decisions that are unique and altogether it creates separate pathways in the game that makes it worth replaying.
- The Witcher 2 Concluding events relate to the plot of Witcher 3 and if you play Witcher 2, you’ll get Witcher 3 narrative context in the game itself and will surely know about a few important characters that you are going to meet in Witcher 3. You’ll also get to know more about interpersonal relationships with Geralt enhancing the narrative and you won’t be hanging out to dry when somebody will reference the past while having a conversation with the NPCs such as Shani, Zoltan, or Triss Dandelion.
- Gamers can skip the Witcher 1 safely because in Witcher 2 Geralt seems to forget his past. It creates a blind entry into the series’ second installment that makes it more interesting because gamers have no choice but to rediscover the Geralt backstory with him. In addition to this, there are a few characters who go out of their way to recount their dealings of the past with professional monster hunters.
Also Read: Among Us Control Scheme for PC and Mobile: Gaming Tips
If you have enough time and want to know more about the Witcher, we suggest you play at least Witcher 2 for getting an unvarnished experience of the wild hunt. We hope that you got an answer to the question ‘Should You Play The Witcher 1 and 2 before 3?’ that was confusing you for a long time. Enjoy and have fun with the Witcher.