WinRAR is a robust archiver and file extractor tool that can open all widely used file types. WinRAR permits the creation of self-extracting archives and encrypted archives. It compresses files and makes them smaller. It’s a cross-platform software program which is compatible with a variety of operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and devices running both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
The most used compression programme globally is WinRAR 64-bit freely downloadable. Recent versions of Windows work better and are more compatible with the 64-bit version. It is offered in 64-bit versions in more than 50 different languages. Also, it’s the only compression tool that supports Unicode. Across-the-board WinRAR has proved to be highly utilitarian, so here we are with an article comprehending the specifications and installation procedures of WinRAR 64-bit.
What Platforms Does WinRAR Support?
WinRAR is accessible for Android and is primarily compatible with Windows. Although there isn’t an official iOS or Mac version till date. Mac desktops may extract, archive, and compress files using the WinRAR software. WinRAR is the sole application that can produce compressed files in the .rar format, while it can also create file types other than .rar, such as .zip. While WinZip and 7zip can extract data from .rar files, they are unable to produce files in that format themselves.
Guide For WinRAR 64-bit Free Download
Below listed are steps to install WinRAR 64-bit free download software programme from the web supporting a wide range of operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS:
- Step 1: Download and install WinRAR by visiting the official website of RARLAB
- Step 2: From the left menu, select ‘Downloads’
- Step 3: Choose your Windows version’s download link by clicking on it. Click WinRAR x64 if you’re running Windows 8 or 10 64-bit (x64-bit). Your PC will download the installer using this version.
- Step 4: Launch the WinRAR installer. It’s the WinRAR-x64-591.exe file in your Downloads folder
To allow the installer to start, you need to click on the ‘Yes’ option.
- Step 5: Click ‘Install’ after reading the trial information
- Step 6: Click ‘OK’ after selecting your install preferences. You will be prompted to select a few choices on the following screen
- Step 7: Select ‘Done’ to terminate the installer. Your computer is now set up with WinRAR
How To Use WinRAR 64-bit Free Download
After being downloaded into the Windows PC, the programme launches with a simple interface. The top panel shows options to Add, Extract, Test, View, Delete, and other options. The extract option allows users to open compressed files, which open in a list format in the window. The .rar or .zip files can also be opened directly from the location by selecting ‘Open with WinRAR’ from the context menu when you right-click on it. One can examine the files in the software itself using the list view before extracting them to a specific location. Below are the fundamental methodology for using WinRAR 64-bit free download:
- Step 1: Download and install WinRAR from WinRAR’s official website
- Step 2: When the software is successfully installed, double-click a RAR file or right-click a RAR file and select ‘Extract files from the context menu
- Step 3: Click on the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘New Archive’ to start a new archive
- Step 4: You can drag and drop files into the window to add them to an archive, or you can click the ‘Add’ button and select the files you wish to add
- Step 5: Go to the archive in Windows Explorer and double-click it to open it in the programme to extract files from it. Then, click the ‘Extract To’ button. You may also choose ‘Extract files from the context menu when you right-click on the archive
- Step 6: You can also set a password to protect your archive by selecting ‘Set Password’ from the ‘Advanced’ menu after clicking on the button
- Step 7: Additionally, you can also produce a self-extracting file by selecting ‘Create SFX archive’ from the ‘Advanced’ menu after pressing the button
- Step 8: Once you’ve completed extracting or compressing files you can shut down the software program
The most acknowledged software programme, WinRAR 64-bit is freely downloadable. It comes along with an extensive range of features listed below:
- Strong general, multimedia compression and solid compression
- Archive protection from damage
- Processing of ZIP and other non-RAR archives
- Virus scanning of archives
- Programmable self-extracting archives (SFX)
- Authenticity verification
- NTFS and Unicode support
- Strong AES encryption
- Support for multivolume archives
- Command line and graphical interface
- Drag-and-drop functionality, wizard interface, theme support, folder tree panel and multiple volume support
- The compression formats offered by WinRar are: ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z, and 7-Zip
WinRAR 64-bit is Freely Downloadable Or Paid?
You can use the WinRAR 64-bit free download, software application free of cost for 40 days according to the trial instructions before being urged to buy a license. WinRAR will continue to function as it did during the trial time after it expires, but it will start requesting that you purchase a license. Although WinRAR is technically still free to use, by choosing to click Install, you only consent to pay for a license.
WinRAR Major Benefits
- Save files in both the .rar and .zip formats & is a superb tool for data compression purposes
- Before choosing whether to buy a license or not, users can test the software using the 40-day free trial period
- WinRAR 64-bit compression allows you to securely email zip files while also saving space on your computer
- The only compression tool that can handle Unicode, it works with a variety of various operating systems
- Free trial has no time-limit
- The download is small and has little or no influence on your CPU
WinRAR 64-bit free download is an effective and trustworthy programme for managing compressed files. It has a solid track record of reliable performance, is simple to use, and comes with a variety of cutting-edge features. WinRAR continues to be a popular option for clients that want high levels of compression and sophisticated management capabilities. WinRAR supports many different operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS. Hence, this article outlines the requirements and setup steps for WinRAR 64-bit free download.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) If we may use WinRAR beyond the trial period, how does it make money?
Ans: The 40-day notice is a recommendation for you but a warning to businesses and organisations. The 40-day trial is a marketing strategy for regular users. WinRAR Paid is a requirement for hugely profitable corporations that utilize WinRAR to distribute material, compress data, and convert transactions and presentations worth millions of dollars.
Q) Is WinRAR software safe to use?
Ans: Downloading and installing the WinRAR programme is both safe and secure. But before compressing or extracting them using the software, it’s necessary to use caution while interacting with external files, especially those downloaded from emails or online browsers. These files might be infected with malware that can affect the installed application and the operating system.
Q) What is the maximum size restriction in WinRAR for files and archives?
Ans: WinRAR can manage an upper limit of 8,589,934,591 GB for the combined size of a RAR or ZIP archive and any individual files included within one.