Many people feel that they waste time on Facebook and Instagram. Facebook and Instagram made a statement that they want to help their users by introducing a new tool that will help users manage their time on these platforms.
What Is The Benefit Of This Tool:
- This tool will help limit notifications
- Track on Dashboard how much time is spent on the platform
- Proper track of time management
- Notification for overshoot ing of time on the platform
“According to a source, there is a total of 5% drop in time spent on Facebook in the last quarter of 2017, so its a good initiative from Facebook and Instagram to give a little control to the user.”
The main disadvantage of this tool is that people will spend less time on these platforms and it will hit the overall advertisement revenue of Facebook and Instagram.
When This New Tool Will Be Live:
- Facebook is planning to launch this new tool in the coming week
- Instagram is also planning to launch this new tool in the coming week
According to Facebook and Instagram, they are also making other small changes like See First, Hide, Unfollow, and Keyword Snooze to make user-experience better for their users.
Recent Instagram New Feature:
- Recently Instagram has added a small new feature by mentioning “You’re All Caught Up”, telling people that they have no new notifications, hence saving their browse time.
- Instagram has also incorporated a feature pre-existing in Facebook where you can check if people are online or not on Instagram.
- However, Instagram still retains the feature where users can choose to hide their online presence.
According to Instagram this “online chat status” will help the user to have more real-time conversations on Instagram. But it seems users are not very happy with this new update as by default their online presence will be broadcasted to their followers.