The most prevalent issue among iPhone users is iPhone contacts missing mysteriously. This issue has been constantly exacerbated after the update of iOS 15. The saved contacts disappear suddenly, with either a few or all the contacts. It’s inconvenient, especially when you have to dial an emergency call and find the contact is nowhere in your phone. If you are finding a method to fix the issue of iPhone contacts missing, here are a few methods for the same. You can test any of the described methods to fix the problem on your own.
4 Reasons Which Lead To Missing Contacts In iPhone
- When you cold start your iPhone i.e. switching it off and then restarting it again
- If you haven’t synced your iPhone to iCloud after updating the software
- Jailbreaking iPhones can be an indirect cause of this issue
- The issue of the spontaneous restart
Methods To Recover Lost Contacts From Your iPhone
Method 1: Use iCloud Backup
Have you ever checked out ‘iCloud.com’ to check the contacts but didn’t find anything? Or ever tried to sync your iPhone with iCloud to find out if your contacts were synced to it? It simply indicates that your contacts are added to the automatic iCloud backup. If you want to recover your lost contacts, access iCloud backup anytime. Follow the steps mentioned below to recover lost contacts from iCloud backup :
- Step 1: Go to the Settings of your iPhone and tap on the option of ‘General’ and then select ‘Transfer or Reset iPhone’.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option. Press ‘Continue’ to confirm your option. Type the passcode of your device and select the option of ‘Erase iPhone’.
The iPhone will restart and it will provide you the option to set numerous features. Afterward, you’ll be getting numerous options for restoring the data. Select the ‘Restore from iCloud backup’ option. Log in to your Apple ID to complete the process.
Method 2: Use iTunes Backup
Whenever you sync your iPhone with iTunes, or while using iTunes for upgrading to the latest version of iOS, it will automatically keep a backup of your data. Your call history, contacts, local calendars with events, and text messages get saved. Use iTunes to restore your lost data instantly. Steps to restore data from iTunes backup:
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to your PC. As soon as you see an iPhone appearing in iTunes, select the ‘Phone’ icon present on the top of the panel.
- Step 2: Search for the backup section. Choose the option of ‘This computer’ and select ‘Restore Backup’.
- Step 3: It’s done! You have successfully uploaded the backup to your iPhone. It will bring back your lost data including your lost contacts.
Method 3: Backup Data Without iCloud & iTunes
If your contacts are backed up in iCloud or iTunes even for once, there’s still hope that you can restore the data without overwriting the complete existing data of your device. But are you sure that you have a backup? You can find it out by two techniques:
- Use ‘CopyTrans Shelbee’ if you want to search the data backup in iTunes for recovering the missing contacts in your iPhone.
- You can choose ‘CopyTrans Backup Extractor’ to look out for the data backup in iCloud, iTunes, or any third-party application for retrieving lost contacts in a readable form.
Steps to look out for the backup in iTunes or iCloud:
- Step 1: Download and install ‘CopyTrans Shelbee’.
- Step 2: Launch the program and connect it to your device. Select the option of ‘Custom Restore’ and then click on the option of ‘Green pencil icon’.
- Step 3: Tap on the option of ‘Browse’. Now click on ‘Default’. Now you’ll see ‘iTunes backup’ stored on your PC. Select the required ones.
- Step 4: Enter the password to encrypt the backup and then click on ‘Next’.
- Step 5: Wait for the completion of the loading process.
- Step 6: In the subcategory of ‘System apps’, select the option of ‘Contacts’. Click on the option of ‘Next’.
- Step 7: You’ll be asked to select the location of the backup in your iPhone. Choose the destination folder and enter ‘Start’.
- Step 8: Wait for the completion of the process.
- Step 9: It’s done! Now your device will get restarted.
If you are not interested in clearing the entire data of your iPhone for restoring the disappeared contacts from iCloud or iTunes, you can go for the option of CopyTrans Shelbee to retrieve the lost contacts in your iPhone and CopyTrans Backup Extractor to restore the data in your PC. Now you can successfully resolve the issue of ‘iPhone contacts missing’ without any third-party support.