Many people while using LG V10 have faced the issue of LG V10 not powering on. Users reported that though the button lights up, the screen does not show up. The screen remains black and does not turn up. Even after charging the battery of the phone, it does not turn on. It can be quite annoying when you reach out to your phone and it does not turn on.
The Solution – 4 Simple Methods to Fix LG V10 not Turning On
First, you need to make sure it is not due to a dead battery. Plugin your phone into a power outlet and check it. Now let’s look at some solutions to take care of this problem:
Method 1: Press the Power Button
The first step for getting rid of this error is to check the power button. Press the Power button several times to make sure that is not the cause of this error. Now if the issue is due to the malfunctioning of the power button, try pressing it hard a few times. If the screen does not power up, follow the next method.
Method 2: Boot To Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
To get your LG V10 phone to the Recovery Mode, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Press the Volume-up button, Home button, and the Power buttons together at the same time. Hold them for a few seconds.
- The phone will then vibrate. Upon vibrating let go of the Power button. Keep holding the other two buttons till the Recovery screen appears on the screen.
- Proceed further to highlight the “wipe cache partition” option which needs to be done using the “Volume Down” button.
- Press the Power button to opt for the above option.
- The Cache Partition will now be cleared.
- After it is cleared, the LG V10 phone will automatically reboot.
Method 3: Boot To The Safe Mode
Booting to Safe Mode runs only on default apps. This will show that the application was running as a 3rd party and was the prominent cause of the error. The following steps will help you in booting the phone to Safe Mode:
- Press the Power button. Hold it till the LG logo appears on the screen.
- After that, leave the Power button and press the Volume Down button. Hold this button.
The Safe Mode text will appear at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Method 4: Factory Reset
Factory Resetting the phone is another effective way of fixing the “LG V10 won’t power on” error. It can also solve other problems like the touch screen being unresponsive, a problem accessing the menu, or a problem remembering the password. Factory Reset can be done using the hardware keys. The procedure to do it has been detailed below:
- Turn the smartphone off.
- Press the Volume-up button, Home button, and the Power buttons together at the same time.
- Hold it till the Android icon appears on the screen.
- Use the Volume Down button. Hit the Power button to choose the wipe data/factory reset option.
- Highlight Yes with the Volume Down button. Delete all the user data by pressing the Power button.
- After rebooting the LG V10 phone, select using the Power button.
- Everything will be wiped clean after restarting the LG V10.
Note: Do not forget to backup all the important files and information before rebooting the phone.
Method 5: Technical Support
If none of the procedures mentioned above was fruitful, it is best to get help from experts if your phone does not power on even after charging and booting, then there is some other reason for this error. The technical support at the store where you got the phone from verifies that the phone is faulty and replaces it soon. The other option available to you is New phone or an insurance replacement.
Also read: Unlock Vivo Y937 Mobile Phone – Reset Method & Google Account
The above-given methods may help fix the error. However, if you plan on buying LG V10, do not let this issue be a factor. Most of these issues are addressed and fixed in updates as they are mainly due to the software. If you are looking for features like durability and a good camera, you should go for purchasing the smartphone of your choice.
If you know of any other methods that will solve this error, please let us know by dropping a comment below.