You have the control to pay and access Amazon prime video along with the billing information. At times you can alter the details of your payment or update the new information. For avoiding any kind of conflicts in the billing of Amazon prime video, you need to make the changes at the earliest. In this article, we will explain how to change the payment method on amazon prime video. You need to spend a few minutes managing the methods of payment. The alterations in the billing data can be done instantly on the previously saved data or one can switch to any other debit or credit card at their ease. For doing this, access the settings of your Amazon prime video account via the website and save the latest information.
Methods For ‘How To Change Payment Method On Amazon Prime Video’
There are certain things when you decide ‘how to change payment method on amazon prime video’. You can find an option of adding a new method of payment, altering the saved payment details, and deleting the method of payment that you don’t want on your Amazon prime video account. There’s a direct method of changing the payment method via Amazon prime video account or updating the method of payment via Amazon prime. The update and payment options for both things are the same. If you update one, the other one will be updated automatically.
- Step 1: Open the Amazon prime video account via any web browser.
- Step 2: Tap on the option of Settings present on the top-right side of the corner.
- Step 3: You’ll see your account tab as soon as it opens where you’ll see all the available options for payment.
- Step 4: Select the option of ‘Edit’ for editing the method of payment on your Amazon prime video account.
- Step 5: Select ‘Enter payment details such as date of renewal and the address of billing, payment settings, and if you need another method of payment for purchases and rentals on Amazon prime video.
- Step 6: Choose the payment method of your preference and move ahead or you can add another method of payment.
- You can use your credit or debit card as the primary method of payment. There’s an option of a gift card, promo codes, and vouchers as an alternative method of payment for purchases and rentals via Amazon prime video.
- The advantage of splitting the method of payment is to permit you an alternative method of payment for a particular purchase that lies outside your usual budget like renting any movie or PPV. It will be more beneficial if you’ll get any vouchers, promo codes, or gift cards for your Amazon prime video account.
- You are also allowed to split the payment in such a way that one person will be the head of the default payment and the other person who likes to purchase any movie can become the head of those.
Also Read: Firsthand Techniques To Take Screenshot On Amazon Fire Tablet
Accepted Payment Methods On Amazon Prime Video
While determining the method to change the payment mode on Amazon prime video, there’s also a need to find out the accepted methods of payment on Amazon prime video while changing it.
Option 1: Primary Subscription Of Amazon Prime Video
If you go with this method, you can purchase a monthly or yearly subscription to Amazon prime video. It’s almost the same, just like the subscription to Amazon prime or any other purchases on Amazon. Nevertheless, talking specifically about Amazon prime video, you need to purchase the major amount of subscription from a debit or credit card that needs a backup by any MasterCard or Visa card.
Other than debit or credit card, you can purchase the subscription by following cards which are mentioned below:
- American Express Card
- Credit or Debit Cards secured by Visa, American Express or MasterCard
Option 2: One-Time Purchase
For making a one-time purchase, choose an alternative method of payment. While buying any PPV event or movie, make sure that you have selected the alternative method of paying and billing information to pay further. You can also choose a similar payment method i.e. your primary method of subscription. Nevertheless, there’s an option for you to add a promo code, gift card, or voucher for proceeding with the payment. If anyone gives you a gift card on Amazon, you can purchase any one-time event or a movie on Amazon prime video.
Also Read: Reset Amazon Prime Video PIN | Parental Lock
Is PayPal Accepted On Amazon Prime Video?
When you change the method of payment for Amazon prime video, there’s no option of using PayPal as the payment method. It applies to other Amazon purchases as well. Nevertheless, if you are having cash or a credit card of PayPal, the services provided for Amazon prime video will be the same, just like a normal debit card. Further, you can access the billing information and number as a standard method of payment accepted by Amazon prime video just like the other stores. PayPal can also be used to purchase gift cards on Amazon that can later be used for ‘One-off purchases’ on Amazon prime video account but you can’t use it for purchasing a subscription of the primary Amazon prime video.
Method To Change Payment Method On Amazon Prime Video
- It takes just 2 minutes to change the method of payment for Amazon prime video. You need to simply remove or add the methods of payment and choose the earlier added method for performing the default payment.
- The overall payment options of Amazon prime changes or get updated as soon as you update the payment method of Amazon prime video. Therefore, you can’t keep different default payment methods for Amazon purchases and Amazon prime videos.
- If you want to keep different methods of payment, then you have to choose a different option of payment while purchasing anything from Amazon and keep the default option of payment for Amazon prime video.
We have provided detailed information on how to change the payment method on amazon prime video. The adopted methods of payment on Amazon prime video should be easy and workable so that you can easily update the method of payment for Amazon prime video. Now, you can binge-watch all the titles of Amazon prime videos or access the rentals of prime videos for the things that are transported physically with your membership of Amazon prime.