Today, Flipkart is known as one of the biggest e-commerce platforms but dating back to its initial days, it was started in 2007 as an online bookstore. Its founders Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, alumni of IIT Delhi, decided to raise Flipkart as a startup to deliver books. Little did they know it would set a benchmark of $200 million whilst surpassing the market shares of Amazon. This Walmart-owned platform is no more limited to just websites. Its mobile application has made window shopping easier than before.
Customers can purchase from the comfort of their homes through online retailers rather than going to a real location. This saves time and energy as well. Now, getting your hands on essentials is just one click away. With the intent to stretch a B2C business model, e-commerce came into the picture. Running a business is a one-of-a-kind task. The most challenging part for all business owners is consistently amplifying their business. And switching to online marketing could be a smart move. Flipkart guarantees a better and greater target audience. This article is a comprehensive Flipkart seller guide & explains all the fundamental aspects of becoming a Flipkart seller.
Flipkart Seller Opportunities That Will Ace Your Online Business
- Broader Target Audience: Online selling gives a chance to connect with consumers across the nation in addition to your products being exposed to a wider spectrum of shoppers. Flipkart has built its name gradually, with its mobile app crossing 50+ million downloads. Knowing that it has verified users, selling on this platform will transform your business to new heights and make your presence noticeable.
- Cost-efficient: Setting up a shop physically is always heavy on pockets beyond doubt compared to online business. Also, contributing time and manual maintenance is an added hassle. Online selling will eliminate the materialist need for, say the electricity cost, interior and furnishing, and much more miscellaneous expenses. In a recent announcement, Flipkart has declared to lower the commission cost and set the sum for every product which will favor your business to produce profits better.
- Organized Inventory Management: Flipkart is a reliable platform where the sellers do not need to worry about the logistics network. The entire system has been neatly planned. Here the chain of cycle races smoothly, from packaging to storing to picking up to the final delivery; everything is covered. By making the right choice, sellers can sit back and relax and let their work do all the talking.
- Affordable Marketing Cost: Marketing costs can significantly be reduced by planning the right approach and using the best resources. For instance, beginners can collaborate with certified markets to design the catalog and present the product to their customers. As it is said, what is seen is sold.
- Approachable Marketing Trends: Flipkart insights can help sellers to keep pace with marketing trends so that business strategies can be planned accordingly. This particular platform will assist the sellers in tracking the products in demand, bestsellers as well as current trends. Through this, sellers can navigate and benefit from the requirements of shoppers.
Also Read: How Does The Meesho Supplier Panel Work
Take The First Step & Create Your Flipkart Seller Account
Sellers that are seeking to expand their business with Flipkart should meet the following requirements:
- GST Registration: Businesses need to be registered under the Goods and Service Tax Act so as to sell their products online. It is a basic need of the hours which the sellers need to abide by. Following that, the prospective businesses will need their Goods and Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) when registering as a Flipkart seller.
- PAN Card: The person registering individually should possess a valid PAN issued by the Govt. of India. However, when registering for an organisation, the PAN required must be of that particular organisation.
- Contact Details: While registering for your business, the seller needs to feed in their active phone number and email ID as a means of contact for any queries or inconveniences that may occur.
- Bank Details: It’s of utmost requirement for sellers to have a bank account of their own for online transactions as a terminal for payment gateways.
To begin with your online marketing, every seller needs to have a minimum of one product to offer to their customers. The final step is the registration to certify as a Flipkart Seller. For that one must register themselves at Seller Flipkart by following these easy steps.
- Step 1: First, log in into Flipkart seller portal
- Step 2: Next, add your mobile number to generate an OTP for verification. Once the mobile number is verified, you can move on to the next procedure.
- Step 3: Now, enter your active email ID to receive updates about your seller account.
- Step 4: Choose the category of product that you are willing to sell. There are mainly two options, ‘All Category’ and ‘Only Books’.
- Step 5: Next, enter your Good and Services Tax Identification Number.
- Step 6: Finally click on ‘Register and Continue’.
Now, create a password for your account and once it is done, you will land on the Flipkart seller dashboard where you can find all that you need to know to keep up with your business. After completing the procedure, businesses can get on with online marketing by listing their products. Flipkart generally settles the account of a seller within a span of 10-15 days of delivering a product to customers.
Flipkart Seller Guide: Packaging Details
Flipkart norms advise all its online merchants to use Flipkart-branded packaging to deliver their products to consumers specifically. Additionally, they have made it a requirement to align with the regulation of other states that forbid the use of single-use plastic and rather render the usage of environment-friendly packaging. Every business has a customer satisfaction policy, regardless of the method they use for their business. And to ensure that, merchants must understand the importance of an appealing product. Packaging is one of its aspects that requires equal attention. Therefore, making adequate investments in optimum packing can create an impression for your business. Following these guidelines, you can carry out your business in the right direction.
- Transport every product in a solid pilferage-protected carton box to avoid making the product vulnerable to damage. While delivering the product, verify that the carton is free from any ripped or damaged edges. Make use of resistant boxes built of sturdy materials.
- Add bubble wrap around the product to take care of the packaging for an extra layer of safety. A 10mm bubble wrap sheet is considered standard for packing.
- For sealing, Flipkart logo tape should be used. The way the tape will ensure the authenticity of the product and the seller. Alternatively, use adhesive box-sealing tape rather than flimsy tape, readily available at authorized stores. Another parameter that needs to be taken care of is to steer clear of the use of any highlighting instruments that consist of water-soluble ink for addressing parcels. Use conventional labels and conceal them with visible tapes.
- At last, void fillers can be used as an additional safety measure. Leaving empty spaces in the box is unacceptable. In that case, the item needs to be packed firmly to prevent movement inside the box. By using less packaging, you risk having your product damaged during transportation. Avail oneself of pressure-resistant fillers as an alternative.
|Note: Abiding by these guidelines will save you from unwanted losses of product damage due to poor packaging.|
Purchase Tips For Flipkart-Branded Packaging
- Use your registered Flipkart ID to order the packaging supplies.
- For claiming a deduction on your taxes, it is safe to use the email ID registered with seller.flipkart.com
- Order 45 days supply as a safety net to ensure the goods are delivered on time.
Genuine Seller Of Flipkart-branded Packaging Materials
|Qline Maruthi Packaging||Chennai|
|Picknpack Solution India||Delhi|
|VS Product Private Limited||Delhi|
|Buy Box Online||Sonipat|
Steps To Enter Product Packaging Data Onto The Flipkart Seller Portal
It’s important for a Flipkart seller to ensure you include all relevant information concerning each item you offer, including the cost, inventories, warehousing, delivery details, and packing information. For smooth order processing, the merchants must keep a record and verify that they submit accurate Length, Breadth, Height, and Weight (LBHW) details of every product they list on the site. The basic packaging requirements need to be fulfilled at the utmost. To do this, just stick to the steps below to correctly provide the product packing information.
- Step 1: Log into the seller portal and select “My Listings” under “Listings.”
- Step 2: Continue by checking off the listings.
- Step 3: Then, submit a request to download the file, and wait for the acknowledgment to download it.
- Step 4: Next, enter the measurements in the “Package L,” “Package B,” “Package H,” and “Package W” sections after downloading the file.
- Step 5: As a last procedure, first click the ‘save’ option, and later to confirm it again click ‘yes’. It will automatically update the changes done.
Selection Insights Brief
It’s understood that checking on demanding products is the smartest way to surge your sales. Flipkart has its way of sourcing information about the bestsellers and trending products. It’s to the sellers how they make the most of it the provided information to scale their business to the next level. Selection Insights is one such source where sellers can find relevant information for their business.
- Bestsellers, Trending, and Product-in-demand will be listed under Product Opportunities and Trending Products. Beneath the Product Opportunity section, the sellers can view the most searched products on the platform. One can also see how many times a particular item has been searched.
- To get insights on bestsellers and trending products, merchants can view it under ‘Product Trends. Do this by simply selecting ‘My Categories’ or ‘Other Categories.’
The section ‘New and Trending’ lists all the brand-new products that are popular on Flipkart, along with cost and other insights.
- Last but not least, a ‘’Best Sellers’ list shows the best-selling products as well as the price other sellers are selling at. In this way, you can design a competitive price that is neither too expensive nor too affordable for the same product. Merchants will be able to generate more sales as a result of this insight. Additionally, you can view interest levels for each item on the corresponding graph.
How To Access Selection Insights?
To save yourself time on marketing research and analysis, Flipkart brings you the comfort of having this information, known as Selection Insights in a few hassle-free steps which are:
- Step 1: First and foremost, log into your account using your credentials and access the Flipkart seller dashboard.
- Step 2: Next, on the top left-hand side you will find ‘Listings’. Click that tab.
- Step 3: In the drop-down menu, you will find ‘Selection Insights’ where you can access all the relevant information.
Flipkart has never failed to impress its customers with fancy offers every now and then. The platform has reached new heights and will continue to do so. It offers a wide spectrum for buyers and sellers to explore and benefit from it and fill their pockets with profits. All the above-mentioned valuable information will give a new perspective to the merchants planning to expand their business by shifting to online marketing. Flipkart is the place to begin with and this article has well-defined it. Hope this would resolve your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q) How can Flipkart sellers source packaging supplies for different sizes of products?
Ans: Flipkart lists information on suppliers who offer various packaging materials. One can access this information by logging onto the Flipkart seller portal.
Q) Who are the suppliers of Flipkart packaging materials in India?
Ans: For its items, Flipkart in India uses a range of packing materials. They obtain these supplies from a number of both domestic and international providers. Companies like Uflex Limited, Huhtamaki PPL Limited, and Haldyn Glass Limited are some of the primary providers of packaging materials to these businesses. Besides, Flipkart has its own internal distribution and shipping teams that manage control of the packing and delivery of goods to customers.