Local Storage vs. Cloud Storage
Local storage like internal hard disk, external hard disk, USB, SD card, camera, and other devices, can store files right by your side, and allows you to access them with the device carried out, or you cannot get and use them directly. Generally speaking, your local storage devices can be damaged by many reasons, like disk failure, software corruption, virus attacks, malware and others. So you have to backup your files with free backup software to keep them safe on different devices, which makes it difficult to manage files and take more time to take actions to the security measures.
So, here comes the cloud storage to help. Cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and other clouds usually offers you a limited free cloud storage and the expanded cloud storage for extra fee. Compared with the cost of local disk devices, the cloud storage cost is much more affordable. Besides, the cloud storage providers use much more secure actions, like 256-bit AES encryption, 2-step authorization, and reliable servers to keep your data safe. And most importantly, you can enjoy backup versions to restore data to any version you like.
Therefore, it’s quick safe to perform online backup for your critical data, and now you have to find the best free online backup solution for a long-term backup strategy.
Best Free Online Backup Solution – CBackup
Online backup solutions on the market is dazzling, how to find the best online backup solution that suits you and built-in comprehensive features? Don’t worry, here we will show the best free online backup service – CBackup.
It is superior to other online backup software in terms of function and performance. Here you can find the highlights of CBackup:
1. Supports mainstream clouds, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and others, as well as FTP and SFTP. So, you can store your files on your own cloud platform that you trust.
2. Provides different apps for different platforms so that you can use it on any platform to protect your files:
- CBackup desktop app is available on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP
- CBackup web app is available on any OS.
3. It not only a online backup solution but also a cloud sync software, which makes you migrate files between clouds directly without downloading and re-uploading manually.
4. Make the free unlimited cloud storage come true. You can combine two or more cloud drives into one, so you can take full use of all idle cloud space and store more files online.
5. CBackup use 256-bit AES encryption and an OAuth authorization system to safeguard your data.
Step-by-step Guide to Use Online Cloud Backup Solution
If you want to backup files to Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc, here the steps of Google Drive online backup will be listed while using the online backup solution – CBackup.
1. Please create a free CBackup account and log in to CBackup Desktop app.
2. Select the Storage tab > Google Drive > Authorize Now, and follow the steps to complete the authorization.
3. Click the Backup tab, and then select Backup PC to Public Cloud.
Tips: You can choose Backup Public Cloud to Public Cloud to perform cloud to cloud backup, and allows you to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive directly with everything or selected items transferred.
Also Read: The Best Clone Windows Hard Drive Tool
4. Choose the computer files to backup in Source section, and tick Google Drive as the backup destination.
5. Press the Start Backup button to backup files to Google Drive online easily.
Tip: You could set up the Settings on the bottom left before backing up, like scheduler to help you backup files on regular basis, like daily, weekly, or monthly, etc., and email notification to get backup process while performing unattended task, and use file filter to backup file types you’d prefer.
If you Google Drive storage is full and is not enough for you to store more files and don’t want to upgrade your Google plan, you can try to merge two or more clouds, including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. And increase Google Drive storage for free.
Now, you have enough information about best one of online backup solutions, just get it and try for free to safeguard your data on local computer as well as the cloud data.