Why Need of Windows Hard Drive Cloning Tool
As more and more data are stored online, the available capacity of the hard disk will decrease and problems such as slow read and write speeds or freezes will occur. In order to solve this problem, you can consider upgrading the current hard drive to a hard drive with a larger capacity. If you want to improve performance, you can replace your current hard drive with an SSD.
So how do you transfer everything on your hard drive to a new disk? You need a tool to clone Windows hard disk to help you. You can read on to learn about the best tool to clone a Windows hard drive and how to use it to easily clone a hard drive.
The Best Clone Windows Hard Drive Tool
Next, this article will introduce the best free Windows hard disk clone tool – AOMEI Backupper Standard. It is a free disk cloning software specially customized for Windows. Whether you have the latest Windows 11 system or the previous Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, it can be perfectly adapted.
AOMEI Technology Co., Ltd. has always taken it as its mission to protect global data more securely. It has been established for more than ten years and has been focusing on the field of data security. The main products cover backup, recovery, cloning and many other aspects. Both the computer business and the mobile phone business are also involved. Designed to protect your data security in all aspects.
As a professional disk cloning software, it also has the following advantages.
- Intelligent Clone: By default, AOMEI Backupper only clones used sectors on the source disk, so you can clone a large disk to a small disk if needed.
- Sector by Sector Clone: If the target disk is equal to or larger than the source disk, you can use this function to clone all sectors on the source disk, so as to avoid missing some hidden sectors.
- Live Clone: The cloning task can run in the background, so you don’t have to close other programs during the process, nor will it hinder your normal use of the computer.
Also Read: Upgrade My Motherboard & CPU Without Reinstalling Windows 10
How to Use the Best Clone Windows Hard Drive Tool
Knowing the best clone Windows hard drive tool – AOMEI Backupper, you can continue reading to know how to use this disk cloning software to clone a hard drive. Before starting the cloning process, you need to complete the following preparations.
- Download and install this free disk cloning software to your computer.
- Since the cloning process will erase all data on the target disk, you can backup files to external hard drive or another safe place.
- Connect the target disk to the computer and make sure it is recognized by the computer.
Open the best disk cloning software AOMEI Backupper Standard, and click Clone > Disk Clone. Next, you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entire cloning process. This software has a user-friendly interface and easy-to-understand step-by-step prompts, even if you are a novice, you can easily complete the whole process.
- For the disk cloning function, the free version is only applicable to the cloning of data disks. If you want to clone a disk with an operating system, you can upgrade to the professional edition or higher.
- After upgrading, if you only want to clone the system drive, you can also directly select the system clone function to achieve the purpose.
Also Read: Easy & Efficient Steps On How Is MacBook Cooled
If you want to improve disk performance or expand disk capacity and replace it with a new disk, then you need a professional cloning Windows hard disk tool to help you transfer everything on the hard disk to the new disk. The free disk cloning software AOMEI Backupper Standard can help you achieve the goal. You can clone a small disk to a large disk or clone a large disk to a small disk according to your needs.
In addition, this software is a free backup software. It provides disk backup, system backup, file backup and partition backup to meet various needs of users. If you are worrying about how to move program files from C to D drive, then you can try this software. You can download this software to explore more useful functions.