The era of technology has created a social standard of leaving our personal information to numerous sites. For gaining the services of any company regarding anything, firstly you need to sign up for an account. To create an account, you have to add your details. Companies have made it necessary to enter the complete name, date of birth, and phone number. Google does the same if you are trying to create an account.
If you are least interested in giving your personal information you can add a fake one but what about the phone number? Well, there’s no need to worry because you can Create Gmail Account Without Phone Number. That means you can still be on the safer side by not giving your personal information. Here’s how you can Create Gmail Account Without Phone Number.
Method 1: Create Gmail Account Via Device Settings
- Step 1: Navigate toward the ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Step 2: Tap on the option of ‘Accounts’.
- Step 3: One more tap on the option of ‘Add Account’.
- Step 4: Select the option of ‘Google’ from the provided list.
- Step 5: You can see either ‘Create New Account’ or ‘Gmail Sign up’. Select it.
- Step 6: Enter your personal information such as name, D.O.B, gender, etc. Select ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Step 7: Make your own Gmail address.
- Step 8: Google now asks you with a prompt, if you are willing to provide your number. Tap on the option of ‘Skip’.
- Step 9: Take review your Account Information.
- Step 10: Tap on the option of ‘Next’ and move ahead.
- Step 11: Accept all the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- Step 12: You have created your Gmail account without adding your phone number.
The steps mentioned below apply to both iOS and Android devices. Don’t forget to add a recovery mail address, in case you forget your account details or have to address any issues related to your Gmail account.
Also Read: How To Reset Your Snapchat Password Without Email Or Phone Number
Method 2: Create Gmail Account Via Web Browser
- Step 1: Head towards the web browser you generally use and open Gmail.
- Step 2: You’ll see one of the two options, either ‘Create account’ or ‘Google Signup’. Select it.
- Step 3: Now you have to choose between the two, either ‘For myself’ or ‘For business’. Select any of them accordingly.
- Step 4: Add your personal information such as name, D.O.B, gender, etc. Remember, add the date of birth that counts approximately 15 years.
- Step 5: Select the option of ‘Skip’ to avoid entering your phone number.
- Step 6: Accept all the terms and conditions of Google.
- Step 7: You have created a Gmail account that does not include your phone number.
Why Do Companies Ask For Phone Numbers?
- To confirm if you are a human or a robot.
- To simply reach you and detect if everything is safe.
- If you, unfortunately, forget your password, a phone number can help you to log in again.
The major purpose for asking for a phone number is to maintain the security of the user. Gmail asks for your phone number to confirm whether is it you who’s trying to log in to your account through any other device or if there is any unidentified access that can do something wrong with you.
Your phone number also acts as a backup in case you forgot your password and you have to log in to your account immediately by sending a link to ‘reset your password’. Although, not every user is comfortable enough to give their phone number and that’s why they look out for an alternative for the same.
Also Read: Fix Your camera: Flip Or Mirror Camera On Google Meet On Windows & Mac
Can One Phone Number Be Used To Create Multiple Gmail Accounts?
A thought that struck your mind, can one phone number be used to create multiple accounts on Gmail, following the same steps of verification? The answer is yes, you can create a maximum of 6 Gmail accounts from one phone number. Don’t forget the fact that providing a phone number is optional. Nevertheless, you can add a phone number to have a good backup of your account if you don’t have recovery mail to add on.
Creating a Gmail account without a phone number is simple but might turn out problematic at times if you haven’t added a recovery mail as well. Adding on a recovery mail while creating a Gmail account is a security option if you get stuck while logging into your Gmail account that does not consist of a phone number.