Nowadays there’s an increment in the data charges people are either using Wi-Fi at home/office or they’re switching to buy portable Wi-Fi devices for better work convenience. Currently the most trendy portable and convenient Wi-Fi connection is introduced by the famous mobile firm Jio which is known as JioFi. Most people who are prone to much work and travel they are switching to JioFi for better user experience.
It’s important that one should reset the password of the JioFi hotspot frequently so as to protect it from unauthorized sources such as hackers, malware, etc. by not allowing them to access your hotspot device. If the password of JioFi is reset or changed then it’s very helpful in maintaining the security of the account. As per the convenience, the password can be changed through two platforms, i.e, Reliance Jio website and the Jio App with the use of some simple steps.
Change JioFi password Via Website
- Switch on the internet connection of JioFi portable hotspot.
- Connect the smart device with the JioFi hotspot either it can be phone, laptop, tablets, or desktop.
- Open any web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla, etc. on the particular device connected to the JioFi hotspot.
- The next step is to enter http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1 in the URL bar of the website.
- The particular web page will open on the screen of the connected device.
- Now click on the login button present at the top right corner of the website.
- Enter the specific credits such as USER ID and password and further tap on the login button.
- The details should be entered as ‘ administrator ‘ both for User ID and the password.
- Select the option of the Wi-Fi settings from the settings tab available on the page of the website.
- Further after opening the Wi-Fi settings the option of changing the password and the SSID name ( optional ) will be available on the screen.
- Enter the details of the new password and the SSID name.
- Click on the option ‘ Save ‘ to apply the specific modifications.
The procedure of changing the password via the website is quite lengthy in comparison to changing the password with the use of the Reliance Jio App. Here is how to reset the JioFi password in simple steps through the My Jio App.
Change JioFi password Via App
- Install ‘ My Jio App ‘ from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Connect the particular smart device to the JioFi router.
- Open the ‘ My Jio App ‘ on the device.
- Click on the option ‘ My Device ‘ present at the lower corner of the screen.
- Tap of the option ‘ Settings ‘ present at the right upper corner of the app.
- Click on the option ‘Change Password’
- Change the password tap on the option ‘ Submit ‘ to apply the specific changes.
Now we know the importance of securing the password of the portable hotspot devices in a detailed manner. As JioFi is the recent achievement to the digital technology so it’s very much necessary to secure the connection. As it’s very convenient it allows you to connect various smart devices at a single time. So if you’re someone who’s prone to internet connection buy JioFi portable hotspot and don’t forget to change the password of your hotspot!
As per my concern cybersecurity is one of the most important aspects of the digital industry and for isolating illegal practices entering into our system we need to strengthen our security system. The password set for JioFi or any other portable device should not be to easy to go kind of thing for someone. With the use of some special sign characters, complex numbers, small and capital letters the strength level of the password can be increased the new password will be more secure than the previous one.