Discord is an application that has all the features like voice and text chat platforms. It allows you to set up large and small chat servers. It can be done for gaming, social, or business groups. Playing games, drawing, or even watching YouTube does not have to be a lonely experience. Now, you will be able to share your screen on Discord with your friends. You can experience the feeling of watching something with your friends alongside chatting with them at the same time. In this article, we share with you How To Enable Screen Share In Discord.
We have written in detail about the procedure of sharing screens both on your desktop and on your phone.
Sharing Screen in Discord on A Desktop
1. Open the web client or the downloaded application of Discord on your desktop (Mac or PC).
2. Navigate to the server you want to stream.
3. Click on the Screen option present at the bottom-left on the voice channel.
4. If the option has been greyed out, you cannot stream in that channel. You can ask the server moderator to change the configurations. (Tip: Click on the Video button to start streaming from the webcam )
5. Now, select whatever you want to share. The entire screen can be shared at once or you may select one specific application.
6. Choose the desired streaming quality and the framerate But, if you are using Discord Nitro, you can stream at more than 1080p at 60FPS. If it is not Nitro, then the maximum quality is 720p at a framerate of 30FPS.
7. You can choose pre-set options like Smoother Video from the drop-down menu.
8. To start streaming the screen to the voice channel select the Go Live option.
9. Double-click on the red LIVE button present next to your name to view the stream. (Note: Only 50 people including yourself can view your stream at once.)
10. Disconnect from the voice channel to end the stream. Alternatively, you can click the Screen option present at the bottom-left again.
Sharing the screen is also possible in a private call by the following procedure:
1. Just, navigate to the direct messages section and start a call.
2. Select the computer screen icon with an arrow icon.
3. When asked what you would like to share and in which quality.
4. Choose the desired options.
Note: When you stream on a PC, the audio will also be streamed by default. (Example: the sound coming from a YouTube Video.) If you are a Mac user, go to the Voice and Video settings. Scroll down and you will find the Screen Share button. Install the available software. Permit the Discord Application to take audio from the System Preferences application.
Sharing Screen in Discord on A Smartphone
Android and iPhone users alike can stream the phone screens over Discord. But beware you cannot share the screen when using specific applications like Netflix. A step-by-step procedure has been given for your benefit:
1. Start the Discord application on your Android or iPhone.
2. Choose the desired server and the voice channel that you want to stream in.
3. After entering the voice channel, click on the phone icon present at the bottom of the screen.
4. If the option has been greyed out, you cannot stream in that channel. You can ask the server moderator to change the configurations.
5. The Discord application will ask for your permission to record the screen.
6. Now, click on the Start now button or press the Start Broadcast option to do it.
7. You can leave Discord and open other applications of your choice.
8. When you want to end the stream, go back to the Discord application.
9. Select the Stop Sharing button.
Note: When you want to share the screen in a private conversation, press the phone icon present at the bottom of the screen.
Discord users can share a screen on a single application or an entire screen for their friends and share the experience. Beware, if the option to share the screen in a public Discord server is not available, then you may need permission from a server moderator. The screen share is available in all formats, web, mobile applications, and Discord’s desktop. We hope this guide was of help and now you will be able to share the screen on Discord with your friends.