An AI chatbot named ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer) developed by OpenAI and can process vast volumes of data using computing methods. It is an AI-powered auto-generative system which makes use of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP). This AI-powered chatbot system provides information about inquiries through AI & is also be used to write code, an article or blog, translate articles, suggest chords or lyrics etc. To facilitate the stated tasks, we only need to type the command into the chatbot & the results will get showcased on the screen.
ChatGPT can be used on all types of devices whether it’s an Android or iOS smartphone, desktop, laptop, iPad or Mac. The method of using it varies for all devices & if you’re a Mac user, and new to the concept of ChatGPT, then this article on how to use ChatGPT on Mac is a must read for you.
What Made ChatGPT So Popular?
ChatGPT, created by OpenAI is an AI-powered auto-generative system that generates human responses and proves to be highly beneficial across various industries worldwide. ChatGPT makes use of Machine Learning algorithms and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to generate responses and predictions which are more human-like and accurate. The major reason for the extreme popularity of ChatGPT is its versatility to facilitate more human-like conversations while saving time and resources, still achieving top-notch results. A developer named Jordi Bruin has also created the MacGPT application. You can install ChatGPT directly on your Macbook and access it handily from the menu bar. In the article’s upcoming sections, we will brief you on how to use ChatGPT on mac by following a few simple steps.
Methodology To Use ChatGPT On Mac
You can effortlessly use ChatGPT on your Mac by using the MacGPT application developed by Jordi Bruin. Also, you need to keep in mind that this application only supports macOS Monterey and Ventura. Alternatively, you can also access and log in or sign up for ChatGPT online using our web browser.
Download MacGPT Or ChatGPT On Mac
- Step 1: Open the MacGPT website launched by Jordi Bruin on Safari
- Step 2: Type value 0 inside the price box space & get MacGPT for free. You can also pay the relevant donation amount as per your convinience
- Step 3: Now, Tap ‘I Want This’ option to initialize the installation
- Step 4: Enter your email on ‘your email address and tap on the ‘Get’ option to begin the downloading procedure
How To Sign In Or Register For ChatGPT On Mac
Once the MacGPT application is successfully downloaded on your Mac, you can use the application from the menu bar. Listed below are the steps to register or sign in to a MacGPT account:
- Step 1: Launch MacGPT on your Mac after successful installation
- Step 2: After successful installation of the application on your system two options are visible on your screen – ‘Sign Up’ and ‘Login’
- Step 3: Select ‘Sign Up’ if you don’t already have a ChatGPT account and enter the respective details asked on the screen
- Step 4: Select ‘Login’ to sign into your already existing account and enter your login credentials
Steps To Use ChatGPT On Mac
Once you successfully sign in or register for ChatGPT, the following steps need to be followed to run the application on our Mac:
- Step 1: For using ChatGPT on your Mac system, you need to install MacGPT from the developer Jordi Bruin’s website
- Step 2: After successful installation, sign in to your ChatGPT account and start using the application
- Step 3: Alternatively, you can also use Open AI’s API credentials keys to integrating ChatGPT on your Mac
- Step 4: Once you successfully log into our account, you will see a prompt on the screen stating that ChatGPT is still in its development stage
- Step 5: To proceed further, tap on the ‘Accept the terms’, and then can start using ChatGPT on Mac
Once the successful installation of ChatGPT is done on your Mac, you will notice the ChatGPT logo on the macOS Menu bar. Through this logo, one can get instant access to the ChatGPT AI bot & use it anytime.
Steps For Accessing ChatGPT Via Browser
- Step 1: You have to first open the OpenAI website on the Safari browser
- Step 2: Select ‘TRY ChatGPT’ button
- Step 3: Then you have to confirm that you are a human to proceed by choosing the respective option. A Login and Sign up interface will open up on the screen
- Step 4: Through that Login and Sign up interface you can log in to your account using your email and password or you can sign up using your email, google account or Microsoft account. In this manner, you can use ChatGPT on Mac via online web browser irrespective of the operating system
Features & Applications Of ChatGPT
One of the significant features of ChatGPT is its capability to auto-generate human-like text based on a given prompt. It is an excellent tool for language translation, content generation and many other content creation activities. ChatGPT has a wide range of features and applications that make it an ideal tool to be used across various industries and businesses. Some of the applications of ChatGPT are listed below:
- Translate Text Or Language
- Content Generation (Blogs, Poems, Articles etc.)
- Writing Computer Code
- Providing Customised & Accurate Recommendations
- Suggest Chords Or Lyrics
- Developing Applications
Limitations Of ChatGPT
The AI-powered chatbot, ChatGPT has many efficient applications but comes with certain limitations too. Listed below are some limitations of ChatGPT:
- High Computational Costs: The incredibly complicated AI model ChatGPT needs ongoing computational resources to function properly. Before implementing ChatGPT, organisations should carefully evaluate their computational resources and capabilities.
- Learning Model: ChatGPT is not a finished model. It is currently in the training and development stage.
- Lacks Human Touch: ChatGPT oversimplifies topics, and occasionally the AI’s responses fall short by not taking the original question into account. Humans are capable of self-expression, and ChatGPT just doesn’t quite have that capability. It only produces expression imitations.
- Fails To Provide Detailed Descriptions: ChatGPT finds it difficult to create long pieces of material that adhere to a specific structure, format, or narrative. ChatGPT summarises the topic without offering any unique viewpoints.
- Overly Literal: It’s more likely to provide inaccurate information since it gives literal replies to questions with ambiguous meanings.
The extreme popularity of ChatGPT lies in its versatility to facilitate more human-like conversations while saving time and resources, still achieving top-notch results. There is a high demand for ChatGPT across various industries for predicting results or targets with accuracy and in a human manner. The major steps involved in using ChatGPT on Mac include downloading ChatGPT on Mac, then signing in or logging in to our account and then finally using ChatGPT on our Mac. With the growing demand for Apple devices and ChatGPT, there is a need to understand the steps involved to run ChatGPT on Mac effortlessly. Hope this article helps Mac users to use ChatGPT on their device without any hindrance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Is ChatGPT free or open source for regular users?
Ans: Yes, OpenAI offers a free and open-source version of ChatGPT for regular users. You can simply create an account on OpenAI using a valid email address. After phone verification, you can land on the advanced chatbot.
Q) What is ChatGPT Plus?
Ans: ChatGPT Plus is a paid version of ChatGPT with a subscription fee of $20/month (Rs 1648.23). The major advantage of ChatGPT Plus over ChatGPT is that even when there is high demand, one can effortlessly access the tool. Since the tool has become extremely viral, it is oftentimes unavailable to free users hence plus version is a rescue in such circumstances.