Isn’t it quite obvious that the mega evolution of AI (Artificial Intelligence) has changed the entire work cycle of humans? From large-scale business corporates to small-size firms, everyone is incorporating the latest AI tools to increase productivity & generate profitable results. Recently, there’s been a new launch by Microsoft named Microsoft 365 Copilot which works on the advanced principles of large language models (LLM) and is highly capable of delivering spectacular output by using the information stored in the Microsoft 365 applications using ChatGPT-4 & Microsoft Graph. With this amazing feature, you get to deliver quality-driven work and complete it before the stipulated deadline.
Short Snippet: Microsoft 365 Copilot
On 16th March 2023, Satya Nadella (Chairman & CEO, Microsoft) introduced this AI feature which is currently available to 20 organizations for testing purposes but will soon be accessible by other firms in the upcoming months. In clear terms, Microsoft 365 Pilot is an additional chatbot feature implemented to accelerate the productivity of users who perform most of their work tasks through the Microsoft 365 applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MS Teams, Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft PowerPoint.
Microsoft 365 Pilot operates on similar technology to Bing Chat but has a more structured roadmap for delivering good quality work & is designed specifically for professional work purposes. It’s built with a core vision to change the perspective of office work by letting the employees use AI & wind up their work way before time. As said, using this increases productivity and gives employees enough time to brainstorm new ideas. However, the trick is that Microsoft 365 Copilot can also be used for generating an innovative idea layout.
Also Read: Remote Work Revenue In Microsoft May Help In Coronavirus Impacts
Microsoft 365 Copilot Work Structure
The flow on which Microsoft 365 Copilot works is streamlined in different segments rather than simply plugging ChatGPT into Microsoft 365 for printing the outcome on the screen. It’s not just using ChatGPT; it’s so much more which goes behind the system. The latest ChatGPT version 4 technology & Microsoft Graph data are integrated with the Microsoft 365 apps
For Example: When you type your query in MS Word, the chatbot first picks up that data and transfers it to Microsoft Graph to review whether it’s valid or not. Once the query passes the analysis cycle, it’s then forwarded to the ChatGPT language model to frame a satisfactory answer. The versatile AI model (ChatGPT) then curates the content word-by-word from the pool of dynamic resources available all over the internet. It then reverts to the Microsoft Graph for security, compliance & grounding checks before displaying the net result.
How To Use Microsoft 365 Copilot With Microsoft 365 Office Apps
- Microsoft Word: Copilot is extremely fast & compatible with producing reliable content on the given prompt or topic. It can also be used for content modification, revision, plagiarism check & creating informative content from different MS word documents. You can also ask the chatbot to make changes to the content by providing extra inputs & receive error-free, unique content according to your requirements. In addition, you can also ask Copilot to implement seo keywords according to the topic for ranking on Google search results.
- Microsoft Excel: Data collection, creation & analysis will become more convenient by using Copilot in Excel. You can also learn numerous excel shortcut hacks from the chatbot by giving it the right prompts apart from doing the above-specified tasks. In addition, you can also ask for formulas, establish a Pivot table, search for data correlations & devise a SWOT analysis via this AI model.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Making impressive presentations will be possible in minutes using the Copilot. You can also modify a word document into a powerpoint presentation in case you want to use the existing data. It can make an appealing presentation in a few minutes based on your preferences using different fonts, styles, animations, etc.
- Microsoft Teams: AI will guide you about the suitable time to schedule a meeting with other team members and will help you in task delegation while answering the general queries asked in the meeting. Not only this but Copilot can also be used to sum up meetings updates and give important viewpoints of each person.
- Microsoft Outlook: Copilot acts as an all-rounder for outlook users. It will help you in crafting emails based on the prompt entered by you. Since it understands natural language, it’ll also summarise long email threads of various people & will explain what has been said & what are the key points mentioned by each person in a detailed manner.
|Note: It will soon be available for Business Chat, Viva Engage & other Microsoft services.|
Where To Find Microsoft 365 Copilot
There are two areas where the chatbot will be available in the Microsoft Office apps. Initially, it’s visible as a sidebar on the specific MS tool but can also get displayed anywhere in the document when you focus attention on certain paragraphs & offer you exclusive suggestions to write grammar-free content with no mistakes.
Also Read: FarEye Raises $25 Million Series D By Microsoft’s Venture
Advantages Of Microsoft 365 Copilot
- Productivity Enhancement: The AI capabilities of Copilot will assist users in completing their work deliverables on time or even before
- Collaboration Improvement: Through Copilot, one can access shared resources like presentations, documents, and sheets during team meetings to ensure that everyone is on the same page
- Quick & Real-time Suggestions: It’ll provide creative insights about a topic if someone finds it difficult to hunt for new ideas
- Transparent Workflow: All sorts of repetitive tasks, such as creating a table, and making a daily progress report, can be automated with Copilot. This will save ample time, allowing the users to focus on other critical tasks.
How Microsoft 365 Copilot Can Help Various Industries
- Healthcare: In the healthcare industry, Copilot can assist with patient record management and billing processes. It can also help healthcare professionals identify and prioritize patient needs, ensuring that they receive timely and appropriate care.
- Education: In the education sector, Copilot can help teachers and administrators manage student data and lesson planning. It can also assist with creating assessments and grading, allowing educators to spend more time on teaching and less on administrative tasks.
- Finance: In the finance industry, Copilot can help with managing financial data, generating reports, and automating financial processes. This can help finance professionals save time and focus on more strategic tasks, such as financial analysis and planning.
- Marketing: In the marketing industry, Copilot can assist with social media management, content creation, and campaign tracking. It can also help marketers identify new opportunities and optimize their campaigns for maximum effectiveness.
Short Snippet: Business Chat
The former integration of the Copilot is done in two different means, first is its introduction in all Microsoft 365 apps & second is the Business Chat. It’s an extraordinary feature that collects your data, everything ranging from ppts, emails, notes, contacts, documents, etc. to execute impossible tasks you couldn’t accomplish before. Business Chat is quite similar to Bing Chat & works all over LLM, and Microsoft 365 apps, connects with Microsoft Graph and rounds off remarkable tasks quickly.
For Example: You enter a prompt, Give my team instructions they need to follow for creating effective marketing strategies for new product launches. In return, Business Chat will create a document in which all fundamental guidelines will be mentioned for originating strategic marketing approaches.
Moreover, Business Chat will also quickly compile exact key points from the meetings, summarising your recent conversation with customers, calendar entries, notes, and emails which you can use to craft a decent mail or an excellent presentation.
Also Read: Microsoft Surpassed Apple To Become Reputed Company In United State
Satya Nadella and the team who’s worked on the Microsoft 365 Copilot has surely transformed how people will interact with computers, opening a new pathway for facilitating productivity & individual growth in the long run. The ultimate mission is to make technology attainable in the simplest format, i.e., natural language, which is read, spoken & known by everyone. We hope that this article has given you a brief idea of what the Microsoft 365 pilot is about and how it can smoothen the workflow, starting from crafting a compelling email in minutes, making an animation presentation, writing informative articles, generating meeting key takeaways in MS teams to much more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) What do I need to access Microsoft 365 Copilot feature?
Ans: You need a Microsoft 365 subscription to use this feature on your device.
Q) Who can use GitHub Copilot for free?
Ans: All the maintainers of renowned open-source projects, verified students & teachers can use this GitHub Copilot free of cost.
Q) What are the general system requirements for the Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Ans: You can use this modern cloud-based service on any device using a strong & secure internet connection. Till date, there are no specific system requirements specified by Microsoft for using this AI service.
Q) How robust are Microsoft 365 Copilot’s security features?
Ans: Microsoft 365 Copilot is developed on Microsoft’s encrypted cloud platform & uses top-notch security approaches to protect user’s data and privacy. It follows all the necessary security guidelines & adheres to compliance ordinances.