Currently, people are using dual-sim mobiles in which there are sockets for two separate physical sims. User can toggle between two sims through sim card manager. But now a different kind of sim called eSIm has been developed which is embedded in the mobile. This sim cannot be removed from the mobile as the physical sim.
The first mobile to use the esim was Pixel 2. Apple has first used the esim in Apple Watch and now iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max are also coming with this feature. The esim will help the international callers to call without paying the international roaming charges. Users can now use a single plan for calls and data.
How To Use esim With AT&T In Iphone
Take the following steps:
- In the iPhone, go to Settings and then to Add Cellular Plan.
- Scan the QR code received from AT&T.
- Enter details manually.
- Tap Add Cellular Plan and the user will see the existing one and the other that he is adding.
As the user is using eSim and one data plan for two numbers, only one will be active at a time.
How To Use esim with Verizon?
In order to use esim with Verizon, take the following steps :
- In the My Verizon app., tap Join Now, and then Get Started.
- Register IMEI number in the app and for that, the user has to go to Settings then General and then About.
- Copy the IMEI number.
- Tap Check Eligibility.
If the user is eligible, he will be taken to a series of screens and he will be able to use the service.
Labeling The Two Numbers
After registering a user will have to set two numbers one for personal use and other for business. In this way, it will be easy for him to swap. A user can do this by going to Settings and then to Cellular. Tap the number and then Tap Cellular Plan Label. Choose a label for the phone number from the list.
Use Two Numbers For Calling And Messaging
In order to set a number for some contacts and other numbers for other contacts, do the following :
- Tap the Contact
- Tap the Preferred Cellular Plan
- Tap the number to contact the contact person.
Call And Receive Calls
Users can make a call from both the numbers. If a user is calling from a number, the incoming from the other number will go to voicemail. But this will only happen if voicemail has been set up with the carrier like AT&T. If this is not set, the user will neither receive a voicemail nor a missed call notification from the second number.
Switch Phone Numbers For Calling
Take the following steps to do this :
- Tap Exclamation Mark Icon.
- Tap the current phone number.
- Tap the second number.
Send Messages With iMessage And SMS
Take the following steps :
- Go to Settings
- Tap iMessage & FaceTime line.
- Select the number for messaging.
Also Read: Apple’s Price Hike Strategy Is Paying Off
Change Cellular Data Number
Take the following Steps :
- Go to Settings and then to Cellular
- Tap Cellular Data and then Tap the number to be used as cellular data.
Take the following steps :
- Go to Settings and then to Cellular.
- Tap the plan that is to be erased.
- Tap Remove Cellular Plan.
So a user can easily use eSim with his iPhones.