The dependency of society on technology is increasing day by day. This has raised skepticism about online privacy. From cracking your social site’s password to spying on your activities via your laptop, hackers have now gone too far. If you opt for cyber security, it can help you to protect your devices.
Just like your computer system, your mobile phone is on the same level of vulnerability. If you text someone from your phone, the other person will find your phone number which can increase the security risk, if you have texted a stranger. The way you turn on the incognito mode for safe web surfing, the same way you can now message someone without disclosing your personal information i.e. you can easily send anonymous messages.
3 Prominent Ways to Send Anonymous SMS
Method 1: Message via Email
- Step 1: If you aren’t interested in using your email account, you can create a new one either on Yahoo, Google, etc., and create a new mail id without revealing your data.
- Step 2: Search for the phone number of the person to whom you want to send a message. Even if you are sending a mail, there is a need for a phone number of the person because it is a part of their mail address.
- Step 3: Find out the phone carrier of the person to whom you have to send a message. A carrier such as Verizon Wireless, Metro PCS, AT&T, etc. You can ask the phone carrier from the person itself or you can use some free look-up websites.
- Step 4: Combine the specific phone carrier email with the contact number of the person.
- Step 5: After collecting the important information about the particular person, type the message that you want to send after you log in to the email id of yours. After entering the necessary information such as phone number and template of email address, select the option of ‘Send’. It will make your message anonymous.
Also Read: Step By Step Guide To Read Encrypted WhatsApp Messages
Method 2: iPhone App Utilization
- Step 1: Certain applications will help you to make a recent fake number to send a text such as Burner, Wickr, TextNow, Backchat, etc.
- Step 2: Find out the app after visiting the Apple store and typing the app on the search bar.
- Step 3: After you hit the option of ‘Get’, enter the password of your Apple ID and press ‘Enter’.
- Step 4: Go to the app after its installation. Sign up for the app. Enter your real phone number. A confirmation code will come in the form of a text message to you. After successful registration, you will be asked to make a new fake number or you can let the app select it for you.
- Step 5: Type the text and enter the phone number of the person to whom you want to send and hit ‘Send’.
Method 3: Android App Utilization
- Step 1: If somebody has blocked your phone number, still you can send them a text. You can download some apps for this purpose such as Anonymous Texting, Anonytext, Anonymous SMS, etc.
- Step 2: Go to the play store and search for the app to download.
- Step 3: Go to the downloaded app. The app might provide you with free access or charge accordingly.
- Step 4: Click on the option to start texting. Enter the contact number & now draft your message on the screen. At the end tap on the ‘Send’ option.
Also Read: Methods To Recover 1 Year Old WhatsApp Messages Without Backup
Texting someone randomly without revealing your identity i.e. sending anonymous SMS is the most interesting and simple task. You can try out the best methods that we have explained and send anonymous SMS. But try not to misuse this feature as it can become a huge privacy concern for others.