Earlier, peel remote was known to be the topmost universal remote app. But now, with time it has turned out to be the most wicked app on Android. Still, there are a few manufacturers of peel remote who have the audacity of including it on the device in the form of a pre-loaded app. When the peel remote was introduced as the universal remote in Android phones, it increased enthusiasm among tech enthusiasts.
Peel remote was launched in 2009. Within a few years of its launch, it had around 25 million users. When it started collaborating with the manufacturers of smartphones such as HTC and Samsung, it made this app to be the most downloaded smart remote app with 70 million users. Now, this app is getting a lot of criticism because of the wicked techniques of making it run in the background and a blast of lock screen ads in the Samsung TV remote app.
The company has now provided an option in the settings menu to turn this feature off. Still, many users are not able to resolve this problem completely. In this article, we will be sharing some methods on ‘how to remove peel remote’. It will help you to fix all your issues related to peel remote.
Peel Remote Application
Peel remote is also known as the universal remote application that is used to convert your smartphone into an all-in-one remote. It means that you can have control over numerous appliances such as Air conditioners, television, gadgets like Roku, set-up boxes, etc. just by your smartphone. If your smartphone has an IR blaster, then only the Peel remote will work on your phone and you can make your phone an all-in-one remote.
Method For ‘How to Remove Peel Remote’
- Step 1: Search for the ‘Settings’ option on your device.
- Step 2: Click on the option of ‘Apps’. Scroll down to search for the ‘Peel Remote’ app.
- Step 3: Select ‘Force Stop’ and then choose ‘Disable’.
- Step 4: Again go to the ‘Settings’ of your device and click on the option of ‘Apps’.
- Step 5: Choose the icon of ‘Three dots’ and then select ‘Special access’ on your device. You can also simply look out for the option of ‘draw over’ in Settings and toggle the switch on the left side to turn the peel remote off on different OEM devices.
- Step 6: Now choose ‘Appear on Top’ and toggle the switch to the left side to turn off the permission of the Peel remote on your device. You can also lookout for the option of ‘modify settings’ in the ‘Settings’ menu and toggle the switch to the left side to turn off the permission of peel remote on different OEM devices.
- Step 7: When you go back, choose ‘Change System Settings’ and toggle the switch to the left side to turn off the permission of the Peel remote.
If you are disabling the application, you won’t see it in the app drawer as it is restored to the version of the original factory. If you want to enable the application, follow the steps mentioned above and choose ‘Enable’ instead of ‘Disable’.
If you genuinely want to make your device an all-in-one smart device, you can use ‘Peel Remote app. But beware of its wicked techniques and lock screen ads. How to remove the peel remote is the easiest task if you follow the guidelines mentioned by us. It’s on you, either to enable or disable the peel remote in your device as we have provided you with the key for applying both.