Shark Tank India Season 1 & 2 is an Indian version of the popular American-based business reality show Shark Tank. The first season was aired on SonyLiv & Sony Entertainment Television received immense love from the audience. The concept of this show is extremely simple & easy to understand for the normal audience. What happens is new entrepreneurs come on the show after going through multiple audition rounds to pitch their business ideas to the sharks. The contestants then brief the sharks about their business valuation & in exchange, ask them to fund their business.
After listening to the pitch of the contestants, it’s the shark’s choice in which business they’re willing to invest in exchange for the relevant equity. All the sharks are self-made millionaires and have started their businesses. This article will give you a closer look about Shark Tank India Judges Season 1 & 2.
However, before moving to the main context of this article, look at this tabular information which will give you a rough idea about all the Shark Tank India Judges in Season 1 & 2, their net worth, owned companies etc.
Shark Tank India 1& 2 Judges Name, Profession, Net Worth, Profit:
|Building Third Unicorn
|Rs 700 Cr
|1 & 2
|Founder & CEO
|Rs 185 Cr
|Not disclosed after 2020
|1 & 2
|Founder & CEO
|Rs 600 Cr
|Rs 1503 Cr
|1 & 2
|CMO & Co-Founder
|Rs 700 Cr
|Rs 68.7 Cr
|CEO & Co-Founder
|Rs 2980 Cr
|Rs 1598 Cr
|1 & 2
|Rs 600 Cr
|Rs 5812 Cr
|1 & 2
|CEO & Co-Founder
|Rs 300 Cr
|Rs 221.1 Cr
|Chief Mama & Co-Founder
|Rs 142 Cr
|Rs 14 Cr
Shark Tank India Judges Investment In Startups
- Ashneer Grover: Big Bang Food Tech, TagZ Foods, Freadom, Koo App, Zorro, HireQuotient, Fello, Skippi Ice Pops, Get-A-Whey, Paz Care, Trica, FrontRow, OTO Capital, EasyRewardz, Lets Hash, The Whole Truth, Credgenics, Pocketly, India gold, Junio, M2P Fintech, Rupifi, earKart, MyHq
- Anupam Mittal: Skippi Ice Pops, CosIQ, Revamp Moto, Heart Up My Sleeves, VivaLyf, Meatyour, Thinkerbell Labs, ARRCOAT, LOKA, Carragreen, The Yarn Bazaar, COCOFIT, In A Can, Bamboo India, Let’s Try Foods, Find Your Kicks India, Sunfox Technologies, The Quirky Naari, Hair Originals, The Sass Bar, PawsIndia, Tweek Labs, Jain Shikanji, Watt Technologies
- Peyush Bansal: Vivalyf Innovations-Easy Life, Ario, Nuutjob, EventBeep, LOOKA, Annie, Carragreen, The Yarn Bazaar, PNT, Find Your Kicks India, Aas Vidyalaya, RoadBounce, WeSTOCK, The State Plate, IN A CAN, Sid 07 Designs, Hair Originals, KG Agrotech, Sunfox Technologies, Isak Fragrances, Watt Technovations, Insurance Samadhan, Humpy A2, Gold Safe Solutions Ind., Tweek Labs, Proxgy, Store My Goods
- Aman Gupta: BluePine Industries, Peeschute, Bummer, Revamp moto, Skippi Pops, Raising Superstars, Beyond Snack, Altor, Ario, Nuutjob, Meatyour, EventBeep,Farda, LOKA, The Yarn Bazaar, The Renal Project, Hammer Lifestyle, Cocofit, Beyond water, Lets Try, Find Your Kicks India, WeSTOCK, IN A CAN, Get A Whey, Namhya Foods, AyuRythm, GrowFitter, Jain Shikanji, Sneakare
- Amit Jain:Funngro, Aadvik Foods, Gladful, Pharmallama, Nawgati, Medulance, Hornback, Cakelicious, Unstop, ScrapUncle, Licksters, Ekatra, Solinas, Dobiee, P-Flow, Mopp Foods, InsideFPV, Angrakhaa, Janitri
- Namita Thapar: Brandsdaddy, Girgit, STAGE, Very Much Indian, Bummer, Skippi Ice Pops, Menstrupedia, Altor, Nuutjob, Farda, Auli Lifestyle, Thinkerbell Labs, The Renal Project, COCOFIT, Beyond Water, Find Your Kicks India, AAS Vidyalaya, Brainwired, In ACan, Sunfox Technologies, Rare Planet, Watt Technovations, Wakao Foods, Kabaddi Adda, Your Foot Doctor, Nomad Food Project, TagZ Foods, Sneakare, Store My Goods
- Vineeta Singh: Skippi Ice Pops, CosIQ, Booz, NOCD, BluePine Foods, Heart Up My Sleeves, Sunfox Technologies, The Quirky Naari, Humpy Farms, Wakao Foods, Kabaddi Adda, Nomad Food Project, Get-A-Whey, Jain Shikanji Masala
- Ghazal Alagh: Uvi Health, The Sass Bar, Sunfox Technologies, Watt Technovations, Humpy A2, Gold Safe Solutions Industries, Wakao Foods, Nomad Food Project
Born & brought up in Delhi he’s the most famous shark & is highly sought up by the youngsters. He pursued his schooling in Delhi & after completing his 12th, got into IIT Delhi. After graduating, he got into IIM Ahmedabad (2004-2006) to pursue his post-graduation degree. You’ll be surprised to know, but despite being a geeky student, he managed to win the love of his life, his current wife ( Madhuri Jain Grover ) at Career Launcher, whom he met during his graduation journey.
- He started working as a Vice President at Kotak Investment Banking in May 2006 & finalized $3 billion of transactional values in diversified sectors ranging from Oil and Gas, Retail, Real Estate, Manufacturing & Telecom Industries
- After spending 7 years in Kotak, he joined American Express (India) in 2013, where he worked as Director-Corporate Development & learned extensively about the fintech sector
- In 2015, Grofers hired him as the Chief Marketing Officer where he worked for 2½ years & also raised massive funding worth US $170 mn from leading sources,i.e, Sequoia, Softbank, Yuri Milner & Tiger
- After his successful stint at Grofers, he joined PC Jeweller Limited in 2017 as Head of Business. He met his BharatPe co-founders (Shashwat & Bhavik ) here
- In 2018, he started working on his startup venture known as BharatPe which soon became a prominent name in the world of QR codes. For 3 years he worked as the CEO & Co-Founder of the company & made digital payments feasible in India.
- In 2021 August, he was facilitated as the Managing Director of BharatPe but after some loopholes and allegations put in by his team members of using the company’s funds he was removed from the corporation on 2nd March 2022
- Ashneer Grover recently published his first book ‘Doglapan- The Hard Truth about Life & StartUps, on 16th December 2022
|Famous Statement: Put yourself first, always. Liquidate your stock at every secondary sale opportunity
This popular shark put in the first ice-tip idea of allowing people to search for their life partner online through Shaadi.com. So far, Anupam Mittal has been an Angel Investor for many startups and has been a successful businessman too. Apart from being the founder of an online matrimonial site, he’s also the Founder & CEO of Mobango (Mauj Mobile-2006) & Makaan.com (2007), his additional business assets.
Talking about his schooling well he completed high school in 1997 in the United States post which he got enrolled in Boston University, Massachusetts to pursue his graduation degree in Business/Commerce. Furthermore, to enhance his proficiency at a higher level, he pursued an MBA in Operations & Strategic Management from the US.
- Anupam Mittal began his working career with MicroStrategy (Software Development Firm) as a Product Manager and worked there for 4 years
- Unlike others, he didn’t want to work somewhere else for long and eventually started his own company Shaadi.com in 1997 which was originally named Sagai.com but looking at the current business market switched to the previous one
- On seeing the popularity of Shaadi.com he choose to start People Group (2001) which is specifically the parent organization of all the other brands built by him including Shaadi.com
- While exploring his own business he understood the importance of funding growing startups and started investing in them. At that time, he invested in multiple startups such as OLA, Rapido, Little Eye Labs, BigBasket, Ketto & Animall which so far have achieved great heights in business
|Favourite Quote: The only difference between successful & unsuccessful people is perseverance
Peyush Bansal, the founder of Lenskart, is an Indian entrepreneur who started his journey as an engineer. He completed Bachelor of Engineering Honors from the prestigious McGill University in 2006. After completing his undergraduate degree, Peyush went on to pursue higher studies and earned an MPEFB Management degree from IIM Bangalore. With a strong foundation in engineering and business, Peyush Bansal started his entrepreneurial journey by laying the first stone of Lenskart in June 2008. Since then, Lenskart has grown into one of the leading online retailers of eyewear in India and has expanded its operations to other countries as well.
- Peyush was lucky enough in beginning a remarkable career path with Microsoft where he worked as Program Manager from June 2007-Dec 2007
- His next stop was launching a beneficial portal for Indian students which would accelerate their career graph in the longer run. This was when SearchMyCampus evolved to give a new direction to the students in terms of internships, learning resources, best universities, transport & much more
- After building a fantastic business portfolio he thought of building Lenskart. This idea came to his mind while he was standing outside Bill Gates house
- He started Lenskart in 2010 along with Sumeet Kapathi & Amit Chaudhary which received it also received funding worth $4 million from IDG Ventures India in 2011
|Favourite Quote: As a budding entrepreneur, one should focus on value creation more than anything else
He’s the perfect example of how to never give up on life. In his Josh Talks session, he spoke about his life struggles & stated that he was always wondering what to do in life until he started Boat in November 2013. What he conveyed through his conversation was to keep going on & there will be a time when your consistency & hard work will turn into a tremendous success. His educational journey and work-life is a flair example of how one should proceed on upgrading their learning skills & experience. Being a typical Delhi boy, he completed his schooling from DPS, RK Puram (New Delhi), and went on to pursue his graduation from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College in 1998 from Delhi University.
After his graduation got over, he got enrolled in ICAI (CA Programme) listening to his dad’s advice who wanted to see him as a Chartered Accountant. In 2022, he emerged in the list of youngest CA’s from India. His next mission was to attain a PG degree which he pursued in MBA (Finance & Strategy) from the Indian School of Business in 2010. You’ll be amazed to know that this talented & amazing shark has also graduated from Kellogg Graduate School of Management as an exchange student where he obtained the degree of MBA (General Management & Marketing) in 2011.
- Aman Gupta’s working career started with CitiBank where he joined as an Assistant Manager in 2003
- The idea of setting up his own business was constantly brewing up in his mind following which he started Advanced Telemedia Private Limited in September 2005
- After trying his hands into a trading & marketing business he again stepped back into the corporate world of KPMG. He worked there as Senior Management Consultant in Strategy Services Group for 8 months only
- In March 2012, he started his new career at Harman International as the Director-Sales Head where he was majorly responsible for leading versatile business developments & strategic collaborations with the finest global brands ranging from Apple, Micromax, etc.
- At the current foot front, he’s the owner of the Boat and owns 28.1% of the business. He’s also been working as the Chairman of the D2C Council (International & Mobile Association of India) since June 2020
|Famous Statement: In life, we all face downs. I have been down too, more times than one can imagine. But when you hit rock bottom, there is only one way out-Up. Keep hustling, the day you stop trying is the day you fail
This new face has amused the audience so far with his wisdom, experience & communication abilities. Known as the face of CarDekho, ‘Amit Jain’ needs no introduction when it comes to talking about hard work, dedication & conquest. The idea of starting Car Dekho emerged when he visited Auto Expo Fair in Delhi in 2008 along with his brother. He saw the problem people face while visiting showrooms for purchasing a new car & that’s when his dreams turned into a big hit. Just like other sharks, he’s also an intelligent mind & has completed his graduation from the prestigious educational institution IIT Delhi. Apart from Car Dekho, he has also built & is still part of CollegeDekho, InsuranceDekho, and a few other companies in different domains.
- He started his career with Tata Consultancy Services as the Software Engineer in 1999 & worked there for 1 year
- His next catch was Trilogy, one of the leading software companies located in Austin, Texas. He started as Senior Associate, got promoted to Delivery Manager after 3½ years, and was again promoted as Product Manager in November 2005.
- After being a valuable asset to Trilogy for 7 years he started his entrepreneurship journey in June 2007 by putting on the first baseline of Girnar Software Private Limited, a company that provides IT services to clients.
- In April 2008, he along with his brother Anurag Jain founded CarDekho which has become the No.1 car review portal for Indian users & has generated Rs 1,598 CR profit in FY22
- He proceeded further with his entrepreneurial journey & started BikeDekho (2009), PriceDekho (2012), CollegeDekho (2015), and Insurance Dekho (2016)
- In the year 2014, he acquired Gaadi.com to enlarge his business in the automobile market
|Favourite Quote: One of the best things in the world, when someone you love holds your hand
Yeh meri expertise nahi hai, I’m out – That’s a very popular dialogue of Namita Thapar from Shark Tank India Season 1. After finishing her schooling in Pune she got enrolled in Savitribai Phule Pune for pursuing an undergraduate degree. In 1998 her commerce background made her pursue Chartered Accountant (CA) from ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) post which she completed her MBA from Duke University – The Fuqua School of Business. In 2007, she joined Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited as the Executive Director which is one of the best pharmaceutical companies in India and has been a top manufacturer of capsules, injections, pills & tablets.
- She has worked with many famous american business companies such as Guidant Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline & Abbott
- At Abbott, she worked for 5 years as the Senior Manager where she vigorously contributed to the growth & development of the company
- In 2006, Young Entrepreneurs Academy appointed her as an India Head and till date, she’s fulfilling all the roles & responsibilities of that profile
- For the last 16 years, she has been a major decision-maker at Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited and has been looking out on all of its businesses across India
|Favourite Quote: Respect for those who choose to get out of their comfort zones & dare to dream!
Rejecting a 1CR job offer at the age of 21 is something one would always give a second thought but Vineeta did it because she had already made up her mind to start her entrepreneurial journey. With a powerpack, athletic & beautiful personality, she’s the perfect example of magnificence with brains. Her core vision is to promote & increase the importance of financial independence among women in India. She also wanted society to know that makeup doesn’t only make a woman beautiful but it also uplifts her charisma & self-confidence.
In terms of her education, she’s a famous alumnus of DPS, RK PURAM & has completed her schooling from here. She’s a hardcore science enthusiast who pursued her B.tech degree from IIT Madras, cracked the CAT exams in 2005 and got into IIM Ahmedabad. She was a fellow junior of Ashneer Grover at IIM.
- Vineeta worked as an intern at Deutsche Bank (London & New York) for 3 months & at ITC Limited Kolkata
- Before the success of Sugar Cosmetics, she started two companies whose profit margins didn’t match her expectations
- In April 2007, she started her career as the Director of Quetzal Online Private Limited with a vision of providing the best online test preparation material to the aspiring CAT students
- After this she took a step forward and launched Quetzal Verify Private Limited to help corporate firms in the recruitment process, providing manpower, employee training, assessment, etc
- With a thought of doing something extraordinary, she started FAB BAG in April 2012 & worked with 50+ leading international brands like LUSH, Elizabeth, Sisley, etc
- Eventually, all her startups lasted only for some period & their end lead to the evolution of Sugar Cosmetics took place in June 2015
- She researched throughout before starting her makeup brand and started this business along with her better half, Kaushik Mukherjee
|Famous Statement: My love for running has pushed me to participate in 20 marathons, ultramarathons (including her Comrades Ultra in South Africa), and about a dozen half-marathons
After the birth of her first child Agastya, Ghazal, and her husband found it very difficult to find natural & allergic free baby products for him. On seeing the market crisis & lack of good products for newborn babies in the market she came up with the idea of starting Mama Earth along with her husband Varun Alagh in 2016. Shilpa Shetty Kundra & and many other famous personalities have invested in this skincare brand. Her schooling took place in Gurgaon whereas she completed her graduation from Punjab University. This chill-to-go mompreneur also holds a degree in Fine Arts from the New York Academy of Arts & has got outstanding thinking skills.
- Ghazal started her career in 2008 with NIIT Limited (Chandigarh) where her role involved providing training about Oracle, J2ME & SQL to the students
- Being a dietician by heart, she thought of starting a diet planning website known as Dietexpert.com which aimed at creating personalised diet plans for health-conscious people
- As known, Mama Earth came to the limelight in 2015 when she along with her husband gave rise to a soothing skincare brand in Gurgaon
|Famous Statement: Whenever you want to achieve something extraordinary, the only certainty is that you will get lots of challenges on your path
The concept of Shark Tank India has received immense love from the audience. People are loving the fact that new-age entrepreneurs are being funded & guided by the Shark Tank India Judges Season 1 & 2. All the judges have started from ground zero, studied smartly, and worked hard day & night to become what they’re today in their respective firms. This show is the source of motivation, financial growth & networking where different minds are getting the opportunity to come, explore & increase the revenue of their business. You also let us know if you watch this show & who’s your favourite shark judge and why?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Who replaced Ashneer Grover in the Shark Tank India Season 2?
Ans: Amit Jain ( CEO & Co-Founder) of Car Dekho has replaced Ashneer Grover ( Ex MD – Bharat Pe ) in the second season of this popular business reality show. There was a lot of buzz when the audience didn’t see Ashneer in the promo of Season 2. In an interview, he stated that makers couldn’t match his budget anymore hence didn’t include him in the judge panel.
Q) Which season of Shark Tank India is more popular?
Ans: The introduction of Shark Tank India showed a ray of hope to the budding entrepreneurs in India but apart from them even normal citizens took a major interest in being a part of this show as the audience. If we analyse based on popularity, views, and plot then Season 1 has been a hit and makers have witnessed a huge profit too.