With the help of Google Meet people communicate with coworkers via voice or video conferencing. Users frequently wish to capture their Google Meet sessions for later review or sharing with others. It should be noted that in some circumstances or companies, recording Google Meet sessions may not be permitted. As such, you should always verify with your manager or the organization’s policy before recording a meeting. The privacy of others should also be respected by alerting them that the meeting is being filmed and getting their permission. People want to record Google Meetings but remain empty-handed as they don’t know how to record one or what are the trusted methods to record a meeting. In this article, we’ll explain to you everything about how to record google meet along with the main reasons which prohibit you from recording.
Also Read: Google Meet Grid View Fix – Six Ready To Go Methods
What Is Recorded In Google Meet
Everything presented by the active speaker on the screen is recorded. It can be a presentation, excel report or any other official document. All the recordings are placed in the ‘Meet Recordings’ folder of the organizer’s Google Drive account. The meeting’s organizer and the individual who initiated the recording receive an email with a link to the recording.
Learn Who Can Record Google Meet
The Google Meet is not open to everyone who attends. Certain individuals are only authorized to do this. To record Google Meet calls using Google Meet, you must sign up for a Google Workspace Individual Plan. You can record video meetings with these Google Workspace editions:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Plus (Available to users with a “staff” and “student” license)
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade (Available to users with a “Teaching and Learning Upgrade” license)
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
- Google One subscribers with 2 TB or more storage space
Please be aware that to utilize premium services like recording, you must have the proper Google Workspace account. If you don’t have this kind of account, you’ll need to utilize a third-party plugin or request permission from your workspace administrator to record the meeting.
3 Simple Steps To Record Google Meet On PC
You can record your meetings using Google Meet’s built-in recording feature and save the recordings to Google Drive.
- Step 1: Click on ‘Activities’ shown at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Step 2: Choose ‘Record meeting’ to start the recording procedure in the Google Meet
- Step 3: After the meeting is finished, the recording will be saved in a folder called ‘Meet Recordings’ on the organizer’s Google Drive. The video file will be saved as a Google Meet recording. The meeting’s entire proceedings, including all video, audio, and screen sharing will be captured on tape.
Also Read: Google Is Gradually Retiring Google Hangouts For G Suite Users
Record Google Meet On Windows/MAC Without Permission
Third-party apps or external tools may be very useful in capturing the screen so that you can record your Google meetings. You may record your screen on Google Meet without letting anyone know by installing a chrome extension software like a screen recorder. Programs called Google Chrome extensions can be installed in Chrome to modify the browser’s features. This involves expanding Chrome’s functionality or altering the program’s current behaviour to make it easier to use. You can search for a screen recorder in the search bar which will tell you how to record google meet and allow you to capture the meeting’s recording.
- These are some commonly installed extensions: Screen Capture and Recorder by Screeny, Screenshot Master and Screen Recorder, Loom-Screen Recorder & Screen Capture
- These are some commonly downloaded screen recording applications: Screenrec, VSDC & iTop
Record Google Meet On Mobile Phones Via Built-in Screen Recorder
Mobile phones have their screen recording methods to capture videos but some smartphones do not allow the voice to be recorded while capturing the screen. To record google meet along with voice you can easily download an external application from the Play Store or App Store to fix this problem and seamlessly download your meeting recordings. Vidma
Know Why You’re Unable To Record Google Meet
Google Meet has a number of limitations that cause chaos and remove the ability to record sessions. Below we have mentioned some reasons why users face difficulty or are unable to record Google meetings. A Google Workspace administrator must enable recording for your account so that you can easily record the meeting in google meet.
You can attend the meeting only if:
- You are the meeting host
- You’ve been elevated to co-host status and are not a part of the host’s company
- You work for the host’s company, and host management is unavailable
- You’re a teacher or co-teacher for Google Classroom meetings
Pros And Cons Of Recording Google Meet
Recording Google Meet sessions can have both advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of them which you should consider.
Also Read: Fix Your camera: Flip Or Mirror Camera On Google Meet On Windows & Mac
If you know how to record google meet you can save time by viewing those recordings. On Google Meet, recording a video call is not a big issue now. Now you have the opportunity to easily record the video using the platform. There are currently several sophisticated programs available that can independently record meetings for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Where can I find the Google Meet record button?
Ans: To start recording a meeting in Google Meet, click the three dots in the bottom right corner of the screen and select “Record meeting.” On a Windows or Mac computer, you can start recording by pressing Ctrl+Alt+R, accordingly.
Q) Is Google Meet recording free in India?
Ans: This app is free and you can easily record your videos without worrying about burning a hole in your pocket. You just need to have a stable & secure internet connection which is a paid facility for the users but this app doesn’t charge you for recording the meeting.
Q) How can a moderator conduct a poll on Google Meetings?
Ans: You have the ability to design polls as the meeting moderator. A report of the poll is automatically emailed to the moderator. The report includes the participants’ names and responses. To create a poll follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click ‘Activities’ in the meeting at the right corner
- Step 2: Click on ‘Start a Poll’
- Step 3: Enter a question for the Poll
- Step 4: Click ‘Launch’ to post your Poll
Q) How to use breakout rooms for different teams in a company?
Meeting hosts can separate attendees into smaller groups during meetings by using breakout rooms. Meeting hosts must use a computer to start breakout rooms during a meeting. At the moment, breakout rooms cannot be live broadcast or recorded. Follow these steps to use breakout rooms:
- Step 1: Click ‘Activities’ in the meeting at the right corner
- Step 2: Click ‘Breakout Rooms’
- Step 3: Set up breakout rooms by dragging participants into the rooms
- Step 4: Click ‘Open Rooms’