If you are getting a new iPhone or an Apple Watch, replacing or selling it, you will need to unpair the Watch first. The Apple Watch can be unpaired and removed from the iPhone with or without the phone.
Keep in mind, backing up important information before umpiring is very important. If you have already been backing up all important information from your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes, then the Apple Watch backup is created automatically on it. Ensure that the backups are encrypted. This will make sure that the data is saved in the Apple Watch backup.
We have listed ways to remove and unpair the Watch from Your phone with or without an iPhone. Let us move on to the various methods that can help you unpair the Watch.
Unpairing Apple Watch With iPhone
If your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone, then following the methods given below is one of the best ways to unpair it. This method will involve the Watch application on your phone.
- Keep the Watch close to your iPhone.
- Start the Watch application.
- Press the My Watch option, present at the bottom.
- Select the Watch that you would like to unpair.
- Tap the right side of the Watch option.
- Then, Press on the Unpair Apple Watch option.
- Now, select the Unpair option once more.
- Enter the password of your Apple ID.
- Finally, press the Unpair option.
This is the best method to unpair, as it completely detaches the Watch from your account and disables the Activation Lock. It also removes it from Find My Watch.
Unpairing Apple Watch Without iPhone
If your iPhone is not available to you or there is a problem in navigating to the Apple Watch application on some other device. You can still unpair the watch from the phone. There is only one hitch, i.e., it will not remove the Activation Lock. Do not worry. We have got you covered. We have covered that in the procedure given below.
- Put the Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press the side button. Hold it for a few seconds.
- Then, press the POWER OFF slider for a few seconds.
- Proceed further to select Erase all content and settings options.
- There is another alternative procedure as given below:
- Go to the Settings option.
- Select the General option.
- Now, click on the Reset option.
If you know the password, this will remove and also unpair the Apple Watch. However, Method 1 is faster.
You can also log in to icloud.com to remove and unpair the Apple Watch without the iPhone. It can be removed in the Settings option present in My Devices.
How To Remove The Activation Lock
For anyone else to use your Apple Watch in the future, the Activation Lock needs to be removed.
- Open iCloud.com on your desktop or laptop.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select the iPhone option.
- Now, click on the All Devices option.
- Select Apple Watch.
- Press on the Remove From Account option.
This will remove the Activation Lock. You can now give your Watch to someone and do not have to worry about them facing any problem.
You need to decide on the data plan if you want to unpair the watch. Confirm whether you want all contents to be removed. Your Watch will then be unpaired and will be restored to factory settings. We hope now you know how to unpair the Watch and remove the Activation Lock as well. You can trust the methods given in the article. If you know of any other effective and easier method, feel free to leave your feedback.