Is It Mandatory To Upgrade To Airtel 4G SIM?
The answer to this question is a No. It is not mandatory for anyone to upgrade their SIM from 3G to 4G. You can continue using your old SIM. However, you may face some difficulties in the older SIM as newer facilities would not be available to you as long as you do not have the 4G Airtel SIM.
Benefits of the Airtel 4G SIM:
- There is no need to change your phone number to upgrade your SIM into 4G from 3G.
- There is a change in the generation, i.e. from 3rd to 4th, which is a very good upgrade.
- There is a definite increase in the speed of the network as compared to the 3G SIM.
- There might be an increment in data
Also Read: Steps To Block Or Deactivate Airtel Sim
Converting Airtel 3G SIM To 4G Online:
- You would have to visit the official Airtel page for the 4G upgrade.
- Enter the mobile number that you want to upgrade to check if it is available for a 4G upgrade.
- The next dialogue box will let you know if your device is 4G compatible, if the SIM is 4G ready and if your existing plan is 4G ready.
- The next tab will take you to a page where you will need to “Request another SIM”.
- Fill the Airtel 4G SIM delivery details.
- Confirm that you want Airtel to send you the upgraded SIM.
Also Read: Airtel Internet Data(3G,4G) Balance Check
Converting Airtel 3G SIM To 4G Offline:
- Visit the nearest Airtel store.
- Carry a valid ID proof and Photo of the person on whose name the SIM is registered.
- Request an upgrade for your Airtel SIM 3G network to Airtel SIM 4G.
- The store staff will help you fill out the necessary paperwork and will immediately provide you with a new 4G SIM card
- It will take around 12-24 hours for your new SIM to start.
Also Read: Transfer Airtel 3G/4G Internet Data Balance
Steps To Activate Your New Airtel 4G SIM:
- Send an SMS to 121 from your existing mobile number, the 20 digit SIM number provided to you at the back of the new SIM packet.
- Reply with “1” to confirm.
- The phone network would then be disconnected.
- Replace the old SIM with the new one.
- Now you can switch the phone on and wait for some time.
- The new 4G SIM is now active!