ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer), developed by OpenAI, is an AI-powered advanced chatbot. It is extremely popular these days due to its wide applications across various businesses and industries. It’s an advanced AI technology by means of which we can have conversations with an advanced chatbot and can make inquiries through AI. The major features of ChatGPT include AI for customer care, translation text, content generation, writing computer code, providing accurate recommendations and many more.
Due to ChatGPT’s extensive popularity among android and iOS systems, there is a need to understand the methodology by means of which ChatGPT operates on a system. Here is an article describing a detailed concept of how to use ChatGPT on iPhone and iPad.
How Does ChatGPT Work?
ChatGPT is an AI-powered chatbot using Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP). It follows a language model which is trained to produce text. Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback was used to make ChatGPT dialogue-optimised. These models were developed using a massive quantity of human-written data from the internet, so the answers they produce may sound more realistic & human-like.
Is There Any Application To Use ChatGPT On iPhone Or iPad?
Sadly, iOS devices do not support the ChatGPT programme. By visiting the official website through a browser or by bookmarking the link in your browser, we can utilise ChatGPT on our device to communicate with the AI chatbot. On the other hand, some app developers have produced their own ChatGPT based on the official API. Using the MacGPT programme created by Jordi Bruin, you may easily use ChatGPT on your iOS device iPhone and iPad. With the help of the straightforward native MacGPT programme, users may easily access ChatGPT from their menu bar.
Follow These 7 Steps & Use ChatGPT On iPhone & iPad
There is no dedicated ChatGPT application available for iOS devices such as iPhones or iPads. The only prominent way of using ChatGPT on an iPhone or iPad is through safari or any other web browser. Listed below are the common steps to use ChatGPT on iPhone and iPad:
- Step 1: Create an OpenAI account by visiting official website of ChatGPT using your email address. Once the OpenAI account is created verification is done using a valid phone number
- Step 2: On successful creation of an OpenAI account, you can access it using a web browser such as safari for iOS devices
- Step 3: Now you have to again visit the official ChatGPT website mentioned in Step 1
- Step 4: Select the button ‘Try ChatGPT’ & log in to your OpenAI account using your registered email id and password
- Step 5: Select the ‘Continue’ option
- Step 6: A preview will be visible on the screen just select the ‘Next’ option followed by ‘Done’ button & now you can access the AI chatbot, ChatGPT.
ChatGPT Shortcut For iPhone & iPad
A feasible way of using ChatGPT on iPhone and iPad is by creating a shortcut. Consider the steps below for creating a shortcut for ChatGPT on your iPhone and iPad:
- Step 1: Open the official website of ChatGPT on your respective iOS device and select the ‘Share’ icon on your Safari’s bottom navigation bar
- Step 2: A drop-up menu will appear, select the ‘Add to Home Screen’ option
- Step 3: Select the ‘Add’ button after renaming the name to ‘ChatGPT’
- Step 4: A shortcut to the ChatGPT web application will now show up on your home screen
|Note: Use the above-mentioned steps next time when you want to quickly visit the website of ChatGPT using an iPhone and iPad.|
Alter Siri Shortcut Name
- Step 1: Access the ‘Shortcuts’ option
- Step 2: Choose ‘the ChatGPT shortcut’
- Step 3: Now give the shortcut a new name, e.g. ‘Hello Siri, ChatGPT’
- Step 4: You can now open ChatGPT by saying your preferred phrase after you’ve saved it as a shortcut. In this manner, you can alter, modify or rename the Siri shortcut name.
Integration Of ChatGPT Into Siri
- Step 1: You have to visit the OpenAI’s website first on your iOS device
- Step 2: Login or Sign in to your OpenAI account using the valid email credentials
- Step 3: Go to your profile icon and select ‘View API keys’
- Step 4: Under ‘View API keys’, select the ‘Create new secret key’ option
- Step 5: The secret key should be copied and pasted into a new note
- Step 6: To automatically install SiRiGPT on your iPhone or iPad, open this URL in the browser on your device.
- Step 7: Now, select SiriGPT under Shortcuts
- Step 8: In the shortcut, copy and paste the secret key
- Step 9: Give Siri GPT access to the voice recognition feature on your iOS device so it can verify the OpenAI API connection request
- Step 10: Create a command to launch the SiRiGPT shortcut or add the shortcut to your Home Screen
Replace Siri With ChatGPT On iPhone Or iPad
With the help of a convenient shortcut, you may replace Siri with ChatGPT and ask the OpenAI chatbot questions instead of Siri. Moreover, ChatGPT can give you a more effective way to communicate with the chatbot on your iPhone.
Siri cannot be replaced or uninstalled from an iOS device, including an iPhone, iPad or Mac. Nevertheless, developer Yue Yang on GitHub has provided certain instructions on how to build a voice shortcut that activates ChatGPT using Siri on iOS devices. Following are the steps required to replace Siri with ChatGPT on your iOS device – iPhone or iPad:
- Step 1: Visit the OpenAI website and open it on your iPhone or iPad
- Step 2: Login or Sign in to your OpenAI account with your iPhone or iPad
- Step 3: Go to your profile icon and select ‘View API keys’
- Step 4: Under ‘View API keys’, select ‘Create new secret key’
- Step 5: Now, copy the secret key
- Step 6: Go to Yue-Yang’s GitHub on a new tab
- Step 7: Go down the page and select the ‘ChatGPT Siri’ option
- Step 8: Shortcuts will launch; select the ‘Set Up Shortcut’ option
- Step 9: Your OpenAI API key should be pasted into the text box
- Step 10: For ‘Hey Siri, ChatGPT’ tap on the ‘Add’ Shortcut option. The smart assistant on your iPhone will now open ChatGPT when you say “Hey Siri, ChatGPT”. Just like Siri, a fully functional ChatGPT AI bot will now be available for iPhone and iPad.
Compared to other conventional chatbots, ChatGPT is an advanced AI chatbot that is more lifelike. Due to ChatGPT’s widespread usage on iOS and Android devices, it is important to comprehend how it functions on each of these platforms. For iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, there is no specific ChatGPT application. Safari or any other web browser is the only way through which we can use ChatGPT on an iPhone or an iPad. This article provides a thorough explanation of how to utilise ChatGPT on iPhone and iPad.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) What is ChatGPT? Is it an app?
Ans: ChatGPT is a language model that can be incorporated into a number of different software programmes, including chatbots, virtual assistants, and messaging apps.
Q) What information does ChatGPT gather?
Ans: Other than the wording of the questions and prompts that it is asked to answer, ChatGPT does not collect any data from users. Only to enhance the precision and calibre of ChatGPT’s responses are these data used.
Q) Are ChatGPT results accurate?
Ans: No, we can’t rely on its results. Its responses are not based on outside facts and data, but rather on patterns in the text it was trained on. Hence, ChatGPT results need verification.