Apple Pencil 2 has become one of the most used gadgets from March 2019 onwards. The present models of iPad are supporting Apple pencil with the first or second generation. If you aren’t using the Apple pencil, then your iPad can’t be the best one. Both the pencils work on battery, they are certainly workable out of the juice. You can use any one of the two types on iPad pro, iPad mini, entry-level iPad, or iPad air.
Apple pencil has pressure sensitivity to create line thickness dynamic. You can also do shading with tilt control, palm rejection for performing complete sketching. If you don’t want to touch your iPad screen, you can use a pencil as a simple stylus. Its enormous usage demands for its charging too. Here we’ll be telling you some simple methods that will help you out to charge Apple pencil 2.
Before charging your phone, you always check its battery. The same goes here, before charging your pencil you need to check its battery percentage. Here in the upcoming sections, you’ll not only learn the ways to charge Apple pencil 2 but the method to check the battery percentage as well.
Also Read: SMC Reset Not Working Issue | Notable Reasons & Solutions
Charging Method: Apple Pencil 2
The charging experience for the users after the introduction of Pencil 2 just changed by bounds and leaps. This pencil is supported by iPad Air and iPad Pro. These types of iPads do not have a physical home button and have flat edges. It’s fastened magnetically at the side points of the iPad because of a single flat edge that has a programmable button as well. This is the prominent reason due to which you need to pair up and charge your Apple pencil 2.
- Step 1: Place the Apple pencil on the iPad top (in landscape mode).
- Step 2: A banner appears that shows the charging of an accessory.
- Step 3: You can even check the battery percentage while charging.
The method to keep and carry the Apple Pencil with your iPad will always keep your Apple Pencil 2 with enough charge. If your Apple Pencil 2 does not have enough charge, you’ll get a notification on your iPad. You can charge it with your iPad in a few minutes.
Also Read: iPhone not charging
Apple Pencil Battery Percentage Check
While using the Apple pencil 2 with your iPad, a battery widget is added automatically by Apple on the ‘Today View’ screen.
- Step 1: To check the ‘Today view screen’ you can swipe towards the right or left on your iPad.
- Step 2: Swipe up and search for the ‘Batteries’ widget.
- Step3: Now you can check the battery percentage of the Apple pencil 2 that is connected with your iPad.
If You Are Unable To Search The Batteries Widget:
- Step 1: Add the widget in a few seconds.
- Step 2: Enter the ‘Jiggle mode’ by tapping and holding on to the home screen empty part.
- Step 3: Select the ‘+’ button present on the screen top-left corner.
- Step 4: Click on the option of the ‘Batteries’ from the pop-up menu of widgets.
- Step 5: Widgets will be displayed in three different sizes. Choose the size (small/large) according to your comfortability of checking the battery percentage of Apple pencil 2.
- Step 6: Click on the button ‘Add Widget’.
- Step 7: Now you have successfully added the widget on the ‘Today view screen’.
- Step 8: To save the layout of the widget, you need to swipe up.
- Step 9: Now you can easily check the battery percentage of your Apple Pencil 2 even if it’s not charging.
Also Read: MacBook Pro Not Turning On (BEST FIX)
We have made it easy for you to check the battery percentage and described the method for charging Apple pencil 2. Now forget the issues of overcharging your Apple pencil 2 or keeping it at a low battery percentage. Easy problems never needed tricky solutions. This guide with simple solutions will help you to resolve the issue of charging apple pencil 2.