Are you thinking of switching your normal car with an electric vehicle but you are short of budget? If yes, then you don’t need to think more because we are here to help you by displaying the best electric cars in India for under 5 lakhs. Analysis and surveys have proved that there’s an urgent need to switch conventional cars with electric vehicles for the sake of our ecosystem. Conventional cars are responsible for emitting carbon in the form of carbon dioxide and therefore, increasing the greenhouse effect.
People all across the world have already chosen EVs whereas. In India, people have just started appreciating the approach of electric vehicles and respecting the value and features of electric motors. Economic Times has recently conducted a survey that says approximately 66% of buyers took a keen interest in electric vehicles, so if you are one of those, you have landed the best place because, in the upcoming sections, we’ll be discussing the best electric cars in India under 5 lakhs.
Top 3 Electric Cars In India Under 5 Lakhs
Strom Motors R3:
It’s a two-seater powerful EV that is available in India. You’ll get only one variant with two doors. The upcoming design of this car is a little appealing to buyers. You can get this car in 4 different colours and all of them have an electric touchscreen interface.
|Power Windows Front||✔️|
|Fog lights- front||✔️|
- An infotainment system of 7 inch with touchscreen facility
- User Interface is controlled by Voice
- Infotainment has an USB or FM system that enhances its compatibility
- Onboard music storage of 20 GB
- It consists of maps along with a navigation support
- It provides an option of 3G data or Wi-Fi connectivity
- The car has a rear camera
- Keyless Entry
- Seatbelt of 3-points
- Parking system that can be assisted remotely
- Power windows
Reviews Of The Buyers
- Looks: The look of the car is great
- Price: It’s costly than expected
- Seats Availability: It’s low, only 2 seats are available
- Range: The range of the car can be increased, not performing up to the mark.
- Leg room space: It does not provide enough space, therefore disrupting the comfortness of the passengers
|Great Exclusivity||Layout: Three wheeled|
|Running Cost is quite low||Reliability in long terms is still not proven|
|Affordable price||Looks: Oddball|
Mahindra Reva I:
The production of this model has been discontinued by the company. Nevertheless, if you are still looking for this specific car, you can get it from any second-hand market.
|Anti Lock Braking System||❌|
|Automatic Climate Control||❌|
|Power Adjustable Exterior Rear View Mirror||❌|
|Multi-function Steering Wheel||❌|
|Power Windows Front||❌|
|Power Windows Rear||❌|
|Fog Lights – Rear||❌|
|Fog Lights – Front||❌|
- It consists of a boost mode that can enhance the acceleration of the car.
- It features ‘hill restraint’ characteristic if you are driving the car from a steepy slope.
- The EMS technology of the car makes sure that the performance and battery life of the car is optimum.
- It can travel 80km in a single charge.
- When the car is slowed down by the application of brakes, the car regenerative braking system charges the car.
- This car takes only 7 seconds to reach the acceleration from 0 to 40 kmph.
- An ideal car to move on congested roads.
Reviews Of The Buyers
- Looks: Quite impressive
- Price: Price is more than the feature it provides
- Seats Availability: 4 seater, therefore satisfied
- Leg room space: Not suitable for person of good height, can create uneasiness for them.
- Mileage: 50-60 kmpl, not good enough than expected
- Reliability: Not reliable for long term use
|Environment friend car||Upfront cost is quite high|
|Easy to drive that gives you immense pleasure while driving.||Cost of charging is more than the cost of fuel|
|Compact size making it easy for you to drive or park in constricted areas.||The range is limited up to 140 kms.|
|Gives tremendous boost to social image.||It cannot be used for long distance range.|
Tata Nano Electric (Jayem Neo):
Jayem Automotives and Tata Motors collaborated in the year 2017 for manufacturing the Tata Nano Electric version and named it Jayem Neo. The new version of Tata Nano will be launched soon because a test mule of this model has been recently found at Akurdi Plant based in Pune.
|Remote Fuel Filler||✔️|
|Rear AC Vents||❌|
|Steering Mounted Controls||Steering Wheel Audio Controls|
|Steering Adjustment (Rake)||✔️|
|Wireless Smartphone Charging||✔️|
|Steering Adjustment (Reach)||❌|
|Rain Sensing Wipers||❌|
|Rear Washer & Wiper||❌|
|Engine Start/Stop Button||✔️|
|Remote Boost Release||❌|
- It consists of a newly developed cluster of digital instrument.
- The car utilises a 17.7 kWh battery pack.
- To ensure the safety of the driver, the battery pack is kept inside the metal case.
- It gets charged quickly.
- The car has a GBT port along with a 15 amp charger that has a regular port.
- Top speed of Tata Nano Jayem Neo is 80-85 kmph.
- It can travel in constricted areas, therefore tagged as the city car.
- Electric motor of the car is located on the rear side.
- It generates a torque of 45 nm.
|The size of the car is the biggest advantage that lets it drive in constricted places.||Powered motor is not much effective|
|The fuel effectiveness is quite great||Pick-up of the car is quite low|
|Features moderate stickers||If you are traveling with your group and turn on the AC, you’ll observe that the engine is not performing good.|
Detailed Specifications Of Electric Cars In India Under 5 Lakhs
|Features||Storm Motors R3||Mahindra Reva i||Tata Nano Electric (Jayem Neo)|
|Top Speed||80 Kmph||80 Kmph||110 Kmph|
|Range||200 Km||200 Km||150 – 200 Km|
|Mileage||Rupee 0.40/ Km||80 Km/ charge||Not disclosed yet|
|Charging Time||3.4 hours||0-20 km once in 3 Days||13.5 hours|
|Cost||4.50 Lakhs||2.88 – 3.66 Lakhs||5 Lakhs (expected)|
Also Read: Tata Nano Electric Car: Modified Version
The EV manufacturers of India never fail to amaze us by introducing sophisticated and best models every year. That’s why customers always remain in dilemma while choosing a car from a diverse range. After knowing about the best electric cars in India under 5 lakhs, you must be clear now which one to buy and we are sure that you’ll go for the best.