In the present day, no one wants their personal and private pictures to be out and be seen by others. At that time it becomes necessary to hide them or to keep a lock in the photos instead of deleting them. But unfortunately, Apple doesn’t provide any App lock or hiding place for photos. So, a challenge arises on how to secure our private photos from unwanted eyes. Hence, this article provides you with the best solutions and methods to lock your photos securely in very easy steps. Follow the steps and get the best results to lock your photos.
Lock Photos Using The Notes App
- Step 1: Take your phone and open the notes app.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Create a New Note” option.
- Step 3: Now select the camera icon which is located just above your phone’s keyboard.
- Step 4: “Choose photo or Video” and click on it.
- Step 5: Tap “Add” after selecting the photos or videos you want to lock.
- Step 6: In the top right of your note tap on three dots displayed on the screen.
- Step 7: Then tap on the “Lock” option.
- Step 8: Your phone will show a popup to create a password for your note.
- Step 9: Enter the password you want to keep and verify it, you can also add hints for safety purposes.
- Step 10: Tap on the padlock icon located on the upper right side of the screen.
- Step 11: Tap on “View Note” and enter your password to see what is hidden in the note.
- Step 12: Now whatever you have kept in the note is locked until you change it.
- Step 13: So, the photos or videos are locked, you can now delete them from the gallery as they will still be in your Note until you delete them here.
- Step 14: After doing all the steps be sure to lock it again by tapping the lock icon on the top right corner.
- Step 15: If you want to remove the lock permanently tap on the three dots located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 16: Then tap on the “Remove” option.
Passcode Lock For Photos
Using this method you can lock your photos using Screen time. You can use Apple’s features if you want to make sure one of your apps is inaccessible. Below are the steps to follow for better guidance.
- Step 1: Open your phone and go to the settings app.
- Step 2: Then choose the “screen time” option.
- Step 3: Set the screen time passcode after enabling it.
- Step 4: Open up the “Devices” located at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Step 5: Now select your current device.
- Step 6: Tap on the name of your device at the top if you don’t have multiple devices.
- Step 7: Tap on the photos app you want to lock in the iPhone
- Step 8: Then tap on the “Add limit” option.
- Step 9: Now select “Edit Apps” and add all the other apps which you want to lock along with photos.
- Step 10: Tap “Add” after selecting the timer interface at the top of the display for a short period (minute).
- Step 11: Now the photos app limit will effectively lock up your selected apps, and if you attempt to tap on the app you need to input your screen time passcode.
Alternate Locking Method
If you wish to lock multiple apps along with the photos app this alternate method will give you the best results.
- Step 1: Go to setting and then open the “Screen Time”
- Step 2: You have to be sure that your screen time is on and a passcode is set.
- Step 3: Tap and select the “App Limits”.
- Step 4: Tap on “All Apps & Categories”
- Step 5: Then choose a timer interface that is short such as a minute or two.
- Step 6: Select the “Add” option.
- Step 7: This will lock all other apps along with the photos app
Also Read: iPhone 7 won’t turn on (Reasons & BEST Fix)
|Note: This passcode lock is not applicable for the phone app and there is no option to turn off access to the phone app at all. You are not allowed to see notifications for apps that are locked so make sure you lock only the wanted apps.|
You can choose the better option to hide or lock your photos from the above-mentioned methods. If these methods are not the solution for your problem then you can try using third-party apps like Pic Safe, Photo Secret Vault. However, do not forget to take a backup of your photos when you follow any of the methods because sometimes there is a chance that your photos might be deleted.