With the advancement in technology, people now do not have to travel much to attend any meeting. Technology has benefitted us with a few apps that help to conduct online meetings. Video conferencing is one of the most appropriate features of such apps that influence big companies to conduct any official meeting from anywhere. People can easily gather on one platform without any rush, all they need is a well-functioned device and a stable internet connection.
Apps such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Skype, etc. are in great demand. To conduct a meeting on such apps, for instance, Zoom; it’s necessary to create & share a meeting link with everyone so that they can join the meeting on time. For that, you need to know how to create & send Zoom link. In this article, we have explained the process in detail to help you create & send Zoom link to the team members.
Method To Create General Zoom Link
If you want to know, How to create and send a Zoom link in general, firstly you have to conduct a new meeting. To do this:
Step 1: Head towards the ‘Zoom’ app on any of your devices and open it.
Step 2: Select the option of ‘Meeting’ for conducting a new meeting.
Step 3: If you have opened Zoom on a Web browser, you’ll see an option of ‘Host a new meeting’, select it.
Step 4: Search for a link present at the bottom of the screen.
Step 5: You can use that link to invite the team members without taking an exit from there.
Step 6: If you are accessing Zoom on a ‘Zoom Desktop App’, click on the icon of ‘Participants’ and then send an invite to the other members by clicking on the option of ‘Invite’.
Step 7: You’ll see two options that are ‘Copy Invitation’ or ‘Copy Invite Link’. Select any one of them. If you are interested only in generating the link of the meeting, choose ‘Copy Invite Link’. The meeting link is now copied to the clipboard, paste it and send it to others.
Step 8: If you are using Zoom on a mobile, tap your finger on the icon of ‘Participants’ and then select the option of ‘invite’. You’ll get multiple ways to send the meeting link to the team members.
Step 9: If you are interested in separating the link of the meeting from the password, choose the option of ‘Copy to clipboard’. Paste this link into any text editing application. Select the invitation link to copy and send it to associated people.
Also Read: Zoom Limitations In Free Plan
Method To Create Scheduled Meeting Link on Zoom
Zoom has a feature that helps you to create a scheduled meeting at a fixed time and date. When you are scheduling such meetings, you have the option to create a link for the same for sending it to the respective members. Follow the steps below that describe how to create & send Zoom link for a scheduled meeting.
Step 1: Create a meeting on Zoom.
Step 2: If you are using the Zoom app on your Desktop, click on the option of ‘Schedule’.
Step 3: A window pop-up on the screen where you can set the date, time, and other required settings.
Step 4: After clicking on the option of ‘Schedule’, you’ll be heading towards the ‘Google Calender Web Application’ (only if you have linked it with the Zoom app).
Step 5: The link for the scheduled meeting lies under the ‘Location’ tab. Copy it to the clipboard and paste it into any text editing application to send it to the people who you would like to invite.
Step 6: If you are creating a scheduled meeting on the Zoom mobile app, tap on the option of ‘Schedule’ present on the page of ‘Meet and Chat’. Fix the timing and the date of the meeting and then select the option of ‘Done’.
Step 7: A pop-up appears on the screen that heads you toward the email app. Select any app to paste and send the meeting link. The link to the scheduled meeting will be available under the option of ‘Join Zoom Meeting’.
Also Read: How To Blur Background On Zoom Before & During A Zoom call
Methods To Receive Personal Meeting Link On Zoom
To learn, How to create & send Zoom link for conducting personal meetings on different platforms follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: After opening the app, tap on the ‘Meeting’ tab and then select the option of ‘Send Invitation’.
- Step 2: Here you have a choice of how you want to send the invitation link. You can see an option of ‘Copy to clipboard’. Select it only when you want to keep the password and the link separate.
- Step 3: Paste the copied link in any text editing app and choose the link of the meeting under the option of ‘Join zoom meeting’.
On Desktop App:
- Step 1: After opening the app, select the ‘Meeting’ tab and then click on the option of ‘Copy Invitation’.
- Step 2: A pop-up is displayed that informs you that you have successfully copied the meeting link. Paste it and send it to the potential teammates.
On Web Browser:
- Step 1: Open the Zoom profile page from the selected web browser.
- Step 2: You have a personal meeting ID along with its URL.
- Step 3: Copy the meeting URL, paste it into any text editing app, and send it to others.
After generating the Zoom meeting link, you can share it in the form of a text message. You can share it via WhatsApp, Email, Facebook messenger, etc.
Validity Period Of Zoom Meeting Link
- A Zoom link never expires until you change the meeting ID which makes the link invalid. If you open this link, a message pop-up that says ‘Closed By Host’.
- If you are sending a nonrecurring link, the validity remains for up to 30 days till its date of schedule. After the end of the meeting, the link expires instantly.
- A recurring meeting link expires 365 days after its previous recurrence.
Also Read: What Does Mirror My Video Mean In Zoom: Zoom Mirroring Effect
A single click on the meeting link of the Zoom app is the quickest method to enter any meeting. You can schedule a meeting from anywhere if you know how to create & send Zoom link. This article is completely dedicated to the learning procedure of conducting an online meeting on Zoom.