Apple iPad’s are expensive to afford. Not every middle-class family can own it. If it gets damaged, the repair costs even more. Though the user gets one year warranty on the Apple iPad, only if the screen contains any hairline crack while manufacturing. If you drop it down accidentally, get ready to spend a big amount of your salary to fix it. Many of you have asked for solutions regarding the screen replacement of your Apple iPad, so today we have listed a few solutions with cost details that you can apply to fix your iPad’s broken screen.
Method 1: AppleCare+ Fix
- If you are replacing your iPad broken screen with an AppleCare + fix, it will be very affordable for you.
|iPad model||Screen damage and other issues with AppleCare+|
|All eligible iPad models||Rs 3,900|
Note: “AppleCare+ extends your iPad, Apple Pencil and Apple-branded iPad keyboard coverage to 2 years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months. Each incident is subject to a service fee of Rs: 3,900 for iPad and Rs 2,500 for Apple Pencil or Apple-branded iPad keyboard.”
- Without AppleCare+, its repair cost can make you buy a new iPad. The charges of the Apple without an AppleCare+ are around Rs 20,000- Rs 27,000 including tax and that depends upon the model of your iPad.
Method 2: Third-Party Inclusion
You can repair your broken iPad screen anywhere, but going with an option of the third-party can make you devoid of its warranty after the replacement. If you visit any Apple Care Centre and ask if any of their employees has opened up an iPad replacement shop, you can visit and can repair your iPad.
If you don’t have the warranty card, then you have N number of third-party replacement centres that can fix your iPad broken screen. Before you hand over your device to any iPad repair centre, ask the listed questions from them:
- What will be the price?
- How much time will it take to get repaired?
- Do you offer any warranty?
- From where you’ll be getting the replacement parts?
|iPad model||Screen Damage|
|Depending on iPad model||Rs 15,000- Rs 20,000|
Maybe the third party won’t offer you any such warranty but they must make you feel assured about the originality of the parts. There are many local computer repair centres where you can hand over your iPad for repair. You just need to go through with the reviews of the store.
Method 3: Avoid Self-fixing
- There are some dense online tutorials of DIY and glass replacement kits that teach you the ways to fix your iPad broken screen replacement. Never try such things else later you need to pay hard for the experiment you performed.
- Chances of touchscreen replacement by yourself are still higher than glass replacement because firstly the glass is separated from the touchscreen and afterwards a new piece of glass is glued onto the older touchscreen. Therefore, just leave this work to professionals.
- If you are keen to try it by yourself, you must have a kit of touchscreen replacement, along with a digitizer and the LCD screen that cost around Rs 5,000- Rs 10,000 depending on iPad Model. We are still not suggesting you do it by yourself as we haven’t tried and tested it yet.
- If you go with the DIY, you’ll lose your iPad warranty and in the end, you’ll blame yourself. Otherwise, you can simply go to any Apple store to repair your device.
Method 4: Use It Carefully
If you don’t have a proper budget to repair your iPad or there is just a small crack on the screen, you can use it as it’s without repairing it. It won’t look good but there is no need to repair the broken screen if the crack is minor or you don’t have enough money to invest in its replacement.
If the cracks are present on the edges, then they simply don’t interfere much when you use them. If the cracks are large and running across the screen, you can use a ‘Glass Screen Protector’. It will cost around Rs 200-Rs 3000 depending on the quality. It will protect your fingers from getting any cuts.