Gomoku (Five in a Row) is a classic board game continuously enjoyed for centuries. In this game, two players place their black or white stones on a grid board to connect five stones in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. You can play Gomoku on iMessage anytime and anywhere without stressing too much about the equipment, as you only need an iOS device and a willing partner to play this game. Through this article, you’ll learn how to play Gomoku on iMessage and a few beneficial tips to win this game.
Historical Background Of Gomoku
Gomoku is an intellectual board game that originated in China. It has a rich history and is believed to have been played in China as early as the Song Dynasty (960-1279 AD). People in Japan, Korea, and Russia account for the major population who play this traditional game. The game is extremely popular among players of all ages and is enjoyed for its simplicity and strategic depth. It’s easy to learn but challenging to master, as players must anticipate and block their opponent’s moves while simultaneously creating spectacular opportunities for themselves. Currently, it’s getting widely popular in Asia and is often played competitively in tournaments. It has also gained popularity in Western countries, particularly Europe and North America, where it’s often played online.
Play Gomoku Game Online On iMessage
Gomoku is popularly known as a two-player game and is played on a 15*15 or 19*19 square grid board. The game is played with black and white stones or pieces, where the player with black stone makes the first move. After this, the player with white stone makes the next move by placing their stone on any of the 8 intersections beside the black stone. Each player takes turns by placing a stone on an intersection point of the board. After making your move click on the Send button. Upon doing so, you’ll not be able to change your position in the game. The first player to form a straight line of five stones either horizontally, vertically or diagonally wins the game. However, if the board is filled with stones before either player achieves five in a row, the game ends in a draw.
Also Read: Simple Methods To Access Chrome Remote Desktop iMessage
|Tip: You can change your position multiple times in the Gomoku game prior to clicking the Send button.|
Step-By-Step Guide To Install Gomoku On iMessage
Gomoku is different from other gaming applications and needs to be downloaded from the iMessage app. It’s not a gaming application that can be downloaded from the App Store. To play Gomoku on iMessage, install it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Search for iMessage app & open it on your iPhone, iPad or Mac
- Step 2: Go to the chat section and now open the chat of the person with whom you want to play Gomoku on iMessage
- Step 3: Click at the App Store icon displayed at the lower corner of the screen
- Step 4: Find the Search Button from the top upper corner and click on it
- Step 5: In the search bar enter ‘Game Pigeon’ and then tap on the ‘Get’ button. Avoid typing Gomoku instead of GamePigeon as no file is available individually for the Gomoku
- Step 6: Proceed with Gomoku installation by following the instructions demonstrated on the screen
- Step 7: Click on the GamePigeon icon
- Step 8: Choose Gomoku from the list and then launch it on the iMessage
|Note: Known as the combination of two-player games, GamePigeon offers to install Gomoku and various other games such as 8-ball pool, Mancala etc inside the iMessage app.|
Learn How To Invite Friends On Gomoku
Gomoku is a classic board game which is enjoyed by people around the world. The joy of this game increases more when you play Gomoku online with your friends and family. The only con is that when you invite someone to play Gomoku with you, their chances of winning is more in comparison to other players. We have already stated above that the first person joining this game will most likely become the ultimate winner. However, keeping it aside we still suggest you invite your friends and play this game with them. Here’s how you can send the invitation to your dear ones to play Gomoku on iMessage.
- Step 1: Open the chat box of your friend with whom you want to play this game
- Step 2: Click on the GamePigeon icon for opening the gaming list which you have downloaded in iMessage
- Step 3: To open Gomoku, click on it & now click on the ‘Send Button’ to send an invite to the selected person
|Note: To win this game, you can also ask your pal to send you an invite instead of sending them an invite. This way, you’ll be on the positive aspect of winning this game.|
Things To Remember
- Make sure that the person whom you’re sending the invite has also installed the GamePigeon app on their iMessage app
- If the person accepts your invite then they’ll make the first move on Gomoku
- Practice is the key to win this game so indulge into regular practice to increase your chances of becoming the champion of this game
- Observe your opponent’s gaming pattern & what are their common tactics. Make a strategy analyzing their strongest and weakest gaming patterns and attack them during their weakest phase
- Be smart and think about ways to stop your opponent from being the first person to get their five pieces in a row.
- Never cheat while playing Gomoku online because it’s a live game and your opponent and see your activities later even if they’re not online at that moment
Also Read: Is It Safe To Play On JeetWin: Features, Pros & Cons, Positive Reviews
Gomoku is a fun and interesting game to play during your spare time. If you eliminate the winning factor, then it’s eventually a healthy competition which stays around in between the players. However, creating a good strategy is still important for becoming a proficient Gomoku player. This would also help you to think ahead of your opponent and make the best moves from your end. Above all, you’ll feel absolutely chilled and relaxed while playing this game with your dear ones online. So what are you waiting for? Pick up your iOS device, follow the guidelines mentioned in this article and start to play Gomoku on iMessage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Is Gomoku game hard to play for beginners?
Ans: Gomoku might give you a tough time if you’re a complete beginner in this game. To become a master in this game, create a strong approach for competing against your opponent. Cross check the rules and follow them accurately whilst plotting your moves.
Q) Is Gomoku a Japanese game or Korean game?
Ans: The name “Gomoku ” is initially derived from the Japanese Language and is spelled as gomokunarabe by the local people. In simple words, Go means Five, Moku is referred to as pieces and narabe is meant as lineup. It’s an authentic Japanese game and is very much popular in Korea & other countries too. Korean people pronounce Gomoku as Omok which is identical to Freestyle Gomoku.