If you are an AirPods owner then you must have experienced the issue of one AirPod being louder than the other. Earlier, the Apple AirPods had experienced the same but after researching and trying out numerous solutions to fix the issue, some did work whereas a few didn’t. Generally, nobody is going to spend unnecessary money again to buy another pair that will experience the same problem. So here we’re being your tech guide to help you resolve this issue. In this article, you will learn a few methods that can help you to fix ‘Why is one AirPod louder than the other?’.
Is Any Of The AirPod Broken?
Determining the cause of ‘Why is one AirPod louder than the other’, especially due to any software or hardware issue is difficult. A fault in the connection, broken AirPod, or imbalanced signals of the audio can be the reason for the same. Maybe, one of your AirPod is filled with junk which is the major reason of improper audio. The junk here is in context to earwax that gets accumulated in your AirPod primary speaker with time. You do not need to worry, as we will be explaining a few solutions that can help you to fix this problem with ease. Here you’ll learn how you can maintain the cleanliness of your AirPods, how you can detect the software bug and solve the issue & how to fix your AirPods if it gets damaged.
Method 1: Cleaning Charging Case & AirPod
The AirPods hardware can get damaged if you are not maintaining the charging case and the AirPod properly. If the charging case gets clogged due to dirt, you won’t be able to charge your AirPod properly.
- Step 1: Use a lint-free cloth for cleaning the surface. Don’t try to use any fabric or tissue as they might get shredded inside your AirPod.
- Step 2: Use a clean towel for cleaning your charging case & AirPod.
- Step 3: For removing the compact particles, using a fresh toothbrush is advised by the tech experts.
Method 2: Checking Audio Balance
While listening to any audio via your AirPods, an audio balance check is a must. Audio balance is the sound volume coming out from both the AirPods. If the audio balance is adjusted to one side, the sound will come louder from that particular side. Make sure to keep the balance in the middle for maintaining a proper audio balance. To check the audio balance, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: In your device i.e. iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Accessibility’ and then select ‘Audio/ Visual’.
- Step 3: Keep the slider in the middle for restoring the audio balance.
Method 3: iPhone Restart
If you restart your iPhone, it starts like a new one. Occasionally, this method helps to solve small software issues. To restart an iPhone follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Press and hold on to the power button of your device. You will see that a power slider is displayed on the screen.
- Step 2: Drag the slider to the right to switch off your phone.
- Step 3: After waiting for 30 seconds, again press and hold on to the iPhone power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Method 4: AirPods Reset
For fixing small software issues like difficulty in connection or rapid decrease in the battery, you need to reset your AirPods. After resetting the AirPods, you get a new beginning just like you did with your iPhone. To reset the AirPods follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Press and hold on to the ‘Setup button’ of your Airpods.
- Step 2: Wait until the status light turns from amber to white.
- Step 3: After you see the white flash, you can release the button.
- Step 4: The AirPods are reset now. Pair up your AirPods with your device. After you pair it up, check if the issue of ‘Why is one AirPod louder than the other’ is fixed or not.
Method 5: Resetting ‘All Settings’
If you click on the option of ‘Reset all settings, it will not clear your all Data, you’ll just make your iPhone convert every setting into default. You’ll lose nothing from your phone, you just need to re-enter the password of the Wi-Fi, tweak the settings of the battery, etc. To reset the iPhone all settings follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Settings’ of the device, click on ‘General’ and then ‘Reset’ option.
- Step 2: You will see the option of ‘Reset all settings’ on the screen so tap on it.
- Step 3: You’ll receive a prompt where you need to enter the passcode of your device. Enter the passcode instantly.
- Step 4: Again, tap on the ‘Reset all settings’ option.
- Step 5: After the function kicks in, the process bar will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Wait for the device to restart after this process is completed.
Method 6: Clear Earwax
Pull out the main speakers of the AirPod to clean them properly. Just hold the AirPod , keep a thin towel over the mesh, and clean properly to remove the dirt. Continue this procedure until the dirt is removed completely. Check for the audio quality, and see if it has improved. Be careful, while removing out the dirt. Every time after blowing, wipe the dirt with a clean towel.
Method 7: Calibration Of Airpods With iPhone
- Step 1: Start to play music once you take out the AirPods.
- Step 2: Decrease the volume to zero. AirPods need to be silent during this time.
- Step 3: Unpair the AirPods. Don’t remove the AirPods from your ear.
- Step 4: Start to play music again but on the speakers. Decrease the volume to zero.
- Step 5: Pair up the AirPods. Now you have calibrated the AirPods appropriately with the device.
Method 8: Contact Apple Support
If none of the methods described above works for you, the last option is to contact the Apple team to fix your issue. If you are still on the policy of refunding or returning the AirPods, you can simply go to the shop from where you purchased the AirPods and can take new AirPods after returning the old ones.
Even though Apple is a huge brand in terms of technology, its products still face numerous issues because not everything is perfect. One such issue with the Apple gadgets is ‘Why is one AirPod louder than the other?’. The fixes are simple to use. Try them out, if it does not work then it’s better to contact Apple Support to fix your issue.