AJIO, one of India’s leading e-commerce company, allows businesses to sell their products online. As a seller on AJIO, you can reach a massive customer base and increase your sales and revenue. However, navigating the AJIO platform and understanding the processes involved in selling on AJIO can be challenging for new sellers. That’s where our AJIO seller guide comes in handy. This guide provides comprehensive information on registering as a seller and the major benefits of listing your products on this evolving medium. We have outlined all the key components of an AJIO seller guide to help you start your journey of becoming a successful seller on this platform.
Important Steps To Create AJIO Seller Account
Registering as a supplier in AJIO is easy. You must follow certain steps and upload the right documents to complete online registration. Do provide details correctly and upload original documents, as AJIO is extremely precise in selecting the seller and follows a strict protocol. Now let’s proceed with the registration procedure; here’s how you can do it.
- Step 1: Open the Reliance Retail Supplier Registration Official Website on your laptop, PC or Mac
- Step 2: Go ahead and register as a supplier by tapping on the New Supplier Registration option displayed on the right side of the screen
- Step 3: After registering your name, you need to share your PAN & other details asked by the seller portal. On entering your PAN details, your business details will be visible
- Step 4: Now, upload the soft copy of all mandatory documents in the jpg/jpeg/pdf form
- Step 5: Enter your office address along with the right pin code. If you’re a micro business owner, then enter your home address
- Step 6: Fill in your email address and registered contact number. An OTP will be sent to your mobile for verification purposes.
- Step 7: Enter that OTP. Choose ‘Product Category’, and now you’re all set to commence your business online on Ajio
Also Read: Amazon Hub Locker & Counter: Step By Step Guide, Pros & Cons, Function In Details
|Note: Within 24 hours, you’ll receive an email confirmation from AJIO whether you have successfully passed the eligibility criteria & have been registered as an Ajio Seller with Reliance or not.|
Documents Required For AJIO Seller Registration
- Aadhar Card: It’s a 12-digit individual identification number issued by UIDAI Authority that serves as address identification proof
- Pan Card: A 10-digit alphanumeric unique identification number that is a must for taxpayers. It’s an essential document required to register as the AJIO Seller
- Current Bank Account Details & Cancelled Cheque: To keep track of your business revenue, you need to provide bank details so that all financial transactions get processed at one place
- GST Details: 15 digital unique identification numbers provided by the government to authentic business firms. All your business transactions are monitored throughout by the GST number
- Trademark Certificate: A significant legal certificate that states that you’re the sole owner of your trademark. It also provides you with the authority to prohibit other firms from using your trademark by unfair means
- CIN & TAN Certificate: An alternative for Trademark Certificate & needs to be submitted if you own a private or non-government business
- MSME Certificate (Optional): This document depicts that your business is legally registered and verified by the government authorities
- Business Logo: Every business has a logo that is marked as their brand identity hence do upload your original logo
How To List Your Products As An AJIO Seller?
- Step 1: Choose ‘Product Template Download’ and download the suitable product listing templates for your product
- Step 2: Fill in all the essential details about the products like the product category, name of the brand, seller SKU & product ID. These sections are denoted by the ‘*’ symbol in the template
- Step 3: Choose ‘Product Catalogue Upload’ & now upload the product listing template on the Ajio Seller portal
- Step 4: Search your files, allocate & then tap on the ‘Submit’ option for adding the products
- Step 5: Tap the ‘Start Processing’ option to initiate the product listing procedure on Ajio. If there are no errors, then your file will get uploaded successfully, but in case of errors, you need to download the rejected files, upload them again & wait for the review
Also Read: How Does The Meesho Supplier Panel Work
AJIO Product Listing Template Details
- Templates are differentiated gender-wise
- Five templates can be downloaded together
- You can rename the templates infinite times
- Templates are available in Excel format
- Comprises of mandatory and optional attributes filled for individual product SKU
- Always select the right template, as the wrong template leads to the rejection of the product feed
Pros & Cons Of Being An Ajio Seller
AJIO prefers to understand its customer’s needs in the first place, and that’s why it’s ahead in the e-commerce business. Apart from the customers, AJIO shares a cordial bond with its sellers, who are the core of the business. Being an AJIO Seller comes with various perks; however there are a few cons associated too. Have a look at them below.
- No Marketing Cost: As AJIO spends a lot on its marketing and advertising, sellers need not burn extra hole in their pocket
- Huge Customer Base: Sellers have access to customer database from different categories
- User-Friendly Seller Dashboard: The seller dashboard can be managed by anyone. From listing the products to managing the inventory, all tasks can be processed smoothly
- Strong Payment System: AJIO has implemented a secure payment system through which all the AJIO Sellers receive their payments on time
- 24*7 Customer Support: Apart from buyers, sellers are also offered customer assistance & can get their queries resolved by the experts
- Hefty Fees: Ajio charges a commission fee from each AJIO Seller on every sale made on their platform
- Strict Quality Regulations: If the products fail to pass the quality check implemented by AJIO, then their products are removed from the website
- Never-Ending Competition: Old sellers have garnered consumer’s trust and have made it tough for the new AJIO Sellers to stand out and attract the customers
- Product Restrictions: Not all products can be listed on AJIO, excluding those for which AJIO includes product category
- Policies and Regulations: Sellers are suspended or terminated if they don’t follow the policies specified by AJIO
Also Read: Flipkart Seller Guide: Expand Your Online Business
Ranked as No.1 brand in the fashion and lifestyle category, AJIO has become consumer’s favourite due to its affordable price range and versatile options availability. From different clothing items, stylish footwear to accessories, everything can be sold at AJIO. If you’re an upcoming business entrepreneur looking forward to selling your products on an e-commerce platform, AJIO is a one-stop destination for you. By following this AJIO Seller Guide you can register as a seller and run your business on AJIO anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q): Which business model does Ajio support?
Ans: AJIO supports B2B & Dropshipping business models. If you fall under any of these business categories then you can register as a seller on AJIO & grow your business online.
Q): How many brands does Ajio have?
Ans: In 2023, AJIO has more than 2000 brands & 5000 product listings available from different sellers.