The infamous Amazon, an American multinational organization that hosts online advertising, e-commerce, and online streaming has deepened its roots in India over time. Today it is one of the trusted e-commerce sites in India. Jeff Bezos, the founder and former CEO started the company in 1995 from his garage. Presently, it combines all B2B and B2C business models.
Being in business for 28 years, the company has broadened its marketing strategies and product range into multiple categories. Also, giving opportunities for sellers to scale their business through their platform. From books to electronics and cosmetics to clothes, you name it and Amazon has it. In an upgraded version, the Amazon application now features music streams, payment gateways, digital wallets, gift vouchers, and much more.
Digitalization has made life simpler in many ways & online marketing is one of its gifts that we are grateful for. E-commerce has shaped the perspective of conventional marketing and it’s these websites that have given global access to buyers as well as sellers for trading. This article brings you the ultimate Amazon seller central guide and top-notch strategies to expand your online business worldwide.
Why Amazon Is The Right Choice For Your Business?
Amazon brings merchants the opportunity to reach a greater audience nationwide. Here buyers get a bucket of options to choose whilst exploring versatile range of craftsmanship. Third-party sellers are also welcomed by this platform. It homes many small-scale and independent businesses simultaneously. Low marketing cost is another added benefit this platform provides. Here are the recorded advantages of being an Amazon seller.
- Safe payment gateways: Transactions are done regularly using secure gateways directly to the provided bank accounts. Once the delivery is done to the customers, the settlements are initiated within 7 business days. Moreover, sellers also receive tax benefits on this particular platform.
- Digital Marketing: Amazon being a popular brand has No.1 marketing strategy that gives the business to reap the fruit of digital marketing. Amazon makes sure the sellers get noticed on their platform through large scale advertisements.
- Global Network: Amazon is an international organisation which means the sellers and buyers can connect globally increasing the target audience for the business. All they need to do is sign for Amazon Global Selling and the sellers can do business across 200+ countries.
- Customer Service: At Amazon, sellers can seek customer help in one click. This platform provides a category of Seller support, Seller University, Help guides, and Forums for every query that needs clarification.
- Communication: Through Amazon applications, sellers can easily communicate with their customers and acknowledge their queries from any corner of the world. By downloading the Seller App, resolving business issues has become easier.
- Logistics Network: Organised inventory management is a need of every e-commerce. From packaging to storing to delivery, Amazon has got everything covered. It ensures the easy shipment of your product safely to your customers as well as the handling of the returned parcels.
Also Read: Flipkart Seller Guide: Expand Your Online Business
Short Snippet: Amazon Seller Central
A Seller Central will be your go-to site for all your business updates and information. This portal will take care of your every business need. With access to this portal, one can keep track of product insights, edit product listings, omit product descriptions and remove or add product categories as per your preference. Besides, the business can also download its logistics report through which it can be easier to track seller performance on the portal itself. Presently, the Seller Application has facilitated the monitoring of sales and customer reviews.
Amazon Seller Central Account Plans
Amazon has created two different plans, namely Standard and Premium for both individuals and businesses separately. However, the options are flexible whether you want to sell a single product or more than that. But it’s mandated to choose a plan before signing up as a seller. The plan selected by a seller is liable to be changed in any course of time. The plans are as follows:
|Price: $0.99/sale (Rs 81.06)||Price: $39.99/sale (Rs 3274.26)|
|Sale of less than 40 products a month||Sale of more than 40 products a month|
|No specialized marketing tools or programs are needed for that matter||Sellers get insights on marketing and product reports|
|The dilemma for product listing||For the business that intends to sell with the assistance of Launchpad or Handmade|
Amazon sellers are also required to pay a certain amount for commencing their online business considering their chosen plans. The necessary fee payments are listed below for better understanding & reference.
- FBA Cost: Also known as Fulfillment by Amazon, this is the maintenance fees considered for storing, packaging, and delivering the product. The charges may differ depending on the category of the product.
- Trading Costs: This will be charged as per the sold product. It has a systematic method which goes like the percentage of the amount of the sold product. The other one is for the products included in the media. These fees are categorically segregated in terms of referral and variable closing fees.
- Shipping Cost: This particular charge is applicable when the sellers themselves fulfil the orders. However, the cost of this charge varies according to the services availed as well as the category of the chosen product.
- Miscellaneous Cost: This would inculcate the charges of delivering through Easy Ship. Other than this, maintenance charges may also be included.
Documents Required For Amazon Seller Central Account
To get started with your online business, one needs to register as an Amzone Seller on this particular platform. Before we jump onto the steps, mentioned below are the pre-requite listings that are important for registration and setting up an Amazon seller account.
- Bank Account: Bank details are the major requirement for beginning as a seller on Amazon. The funds will be transferred to the given account which needs to be of a trusted bank. Therefore, the sellers must provide the bank account details carefully.
- ID Card (Government Approved): The sellers must be a holder of a government ID card be it a PAN card or Adhaar card. For an individual or the ainess organisation, the rules applied are the same.
- GST Identification Number: Goods And Service Tax Identification Number will be required that a seller will receive after GST registration. So, make sure your business is required under GST Act, 2017.
- Credit Card: A chargeable credit card is another need for an hour. Before providing any credit card details sellers are advised to tally their credit card score and verify the authenticity of the card as well.
- Phone Number & Email ID: This is self-explanatory, an active mobile number for communication with customers or solving any queries with any third-party buyer as well as an email ID to receive regular updates about your business.
Also Read: AJIO Seller Guide: Start Earning By Selling Your Products On AJIO
CheatSheet On How To Create Amazon Seller Central Account
- Step 1: Sign up to Amazon Seller using your credentials, email ID, password, or mobile number. If you are a new user, click ‘Create a new account’ and follow the guidelines on your screen to set up a new Amazon account.
- Step 2: Next, give the name of your organization as per the GST registration.
- Step 3: Enter your mobile number to generate OTP. Once the OTP is generated, your mobile number will be verified automatically.
- Step 4: Mention details regarding your product(s) along with business details mentioned on your screen.
- Step 5: Now, fill in the GST Identification Number and the details on your Government ID card.
- Step 6: Moving on, on your dashboard select ‘Products to sell’ and next continue with the ‘Start listing’ option
- Step 7: To view your existing catalog, you need to provide a barcode number or product name.
- Step 8: This is the most crucial step where the sellers have to add the description of the product, its final selling amount, and the shipping category.
- Step 9: Finally, tap the ‘Save and Click’ icon, and the product is good to go for listing.
|Note: As an additional step, the sellers have to upload their digital signature as a means of verification of the account holder. And your business is good to go for launch.|
Key Elements Of Amazon Seller Central
- Catalog: The catalog icon is visible when you land on the dashboard i.e., the main page of the Seller Central Account. This is where the business can create, list, and edit their product or even save in the ‘drafts’ sections if the listing is incomplete in the meantime.
- Inventory: Inventory sections let you keep track of your products packaging, storage, stock, and shipping details. It’s the optimum site to look for any possible issues with your existing product list. From management to measures, this tab includes all the important logistics phases. The drop-down menu has icons like Manage Inventory, Sell Globally, FBA, Inventory Planning, Shipment, and Opportunities.
- Pricing: This feature allows you to monitor and regulate the price of every product in your catalog. By inclusion of this particular tab, the sellers can also benefit from timely discounts which may or may not be available for everyone. Further, they can set alerts for the price of the listed product(s) and create fair competition with their rival sellers or businesses.
- Orders: One of the most important tabs on the dashboard is this feature where merchants can view their received orders from their customers and follow them until the delivery of products. Every undue or pending delivery can be traced back to this feature on the portal.
- Advertising: This feature is added for your products’ marketing and brand endorsement. As mentioned above, Amazon gives the opportunity to create brand awareness through its portal. This feature is a living example of it. Some certain tools and programs are used for this purpose. Some of them are PPC for creating and optimizing ad campaigns, ACOs for selling, and Amazon Lighting Deals to generate coupons and vouchers for your products. This is a wide unexplored feature of the portal, which when used perfectly, can be a reliable option to scale your business. To make your business stand apart from the crowd, register it with the help of Amazon Brand Registry, and soon you will notice the profits pouring in.
- Reports: Lastly, this feature has the vestige of the fund’s transaction, tax benefits, placed orders, and everything about marketing. Under this menu, you can find different sections and reports about your business performance.
- Performance: This feature will notify you about what is part of your business performance like fulfillment, customer reviews, notification from any third-party buyers, and unsettled claims. You can stay updated with your business and product insights through these features. Using a performance report to update your product listing could be smart move.
Also Read: How Does The Meesho Supplier Panel Work: 16 Basic Steps You Should Know
Today, Amazon substantially contributes for uplifting the e-commerce reputation in India. It’s the most reputed and accepted platform for marketing. Hence, it makes the best option for beginners to start their business through Amazon. Getting through the features of Amazon Seller Central is vital for your business to balance all the requirements & necessities of your customers. Hope this article will be sufficient enough to detail you about Amazon listing and selling efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) How to find previous orders on Amazon Seller Account?
Ans: It’s easy. All you need to do is log in to your Seller Central Account > Orders > Manage Orders. If you cannot locate the tab, scroll to the search bar and type it there. The option will ultimately pop up on your dashboard.
Q) Where to find the Amazon seller ID?
Ans: On your dashboard, scroll to Amazon Seller Central > User Permission > Visit Manager and your ID will be visible.