A cookie is a virtual memory titbit, which plays an integral role in how our online interactions with the internet and networking, being essential for website experiences and digital experiences. However, at times, these cookies can often cause problems with browsers and lead to unwanted errors. And thus, for iOS users operating a device known for its security and privacy features, it’s important to know how to use and clear cookies on iPhone when needed. In this article, we will show you in detail how to clear cookies on your preferred browser be it Safari, Chrome or Firefox on iPhone. After this article is over, you will be a pro at mastering how to clear cookies on your iPhone.
Clear Cookies On iPhone: Safari
The Safari browser is the default browser for iPhone, and rightfully so. It boasts several features, like a user-friendly interface, seamless integration with Apple devices, and robust security protocols, making it the go-to choice for millions of iPhone users worldwide. The steps to clear cookies on the Safari browser are given below:
- Step 1: From your home screen, launch the Settings app.
- Step 2: Then, use the quick search option and find Safari.
- Step 3: After that, go to the section titled Advanced.
- Step 4: Under advanced, select Clear History & Website Data.
- Step 5: Tap Delete to remove a particular cookie or select Remove All Website Data > Remove Now to delete all cookies
Eliminate Your iPhone Cookies : Firefox
Alongside Chrome and Safari, Firefox is also a widely used browser with various benefits, such as strong privacy features like Enhanced Tracking Protection, Pocket integration for offline readings, and extensive customization options with themes and extensions. It’s quite easy to clear cookies on iPhone when using the Firefox browser. This is how you can do it in very simple steps:
- Step 1: Open the Firefox app from your home screen.
- Step 2: Click the icon with the three dots which looks like a burger.
- Step 3: From the popup menu that opens, select the Settings option.
- Step 4: In Settings, find the Privacy block option and select Data Management.
- Step 5: Toggle the Cache towards right and activate it
- Step 6: Select Clear Private Data and then confirm it.
- Step 7: Here, you can choose to delete your cookies and all the other material such as browsing data.
Completely Remove Cookies On iPhone: Chrome
Chrome, developed by Google, is the most widely used internet browser in the world, and it’s that way because of the extensive features provided by its parent company. Asides from being a reliable browser, it’s also has connections with other Google services such as Google Meet for easy integration of all your important work. Here is how you can clear cookies on iPhone while surfing Chrome browser:
- Step 1: Tap on the Chrome app from your home screen.
- Step 2: In the lower right corner there is an option with three dots. Click on it.
- Step 3: This will open up the Settings menu. Here, find the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Step 4: Selecting this will take you to a menu. Here, checkmark the “Cookies, Site Data & Cached Images & Files” option. You may also clear your cache and browsing history if you wish.
- Step 5: Select the Clear Browsing Data option on the bottom & confirm it to delete your cookies.
Few Additional Methods You Can Consider
There are a set of techniques which you can implement if you want to erase or keep other iPhone components apart from cookies. Here are some of them:
- For Cache & Cookies Removal From iPhone: Go to iPhone Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data > Clear History & Data.
- To Keep History & Eliminate All Cookies & Cache: Select Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.
- Delete Specific History: Open Safari > Bookmarks button > History button > Edit button > Choose the history you want to delete > Delete button
Block Cookies On iPhone Through Settings
Even if you remove your cookies from your browser, it does not mean that new cookies cannot be stored back in the browser. However, you can block this from ever happening. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app through your home screen.
- Step 2: Search or scroll down till you find the browser of choice.
- Step 3: Click on the browser and a list of options will open.
- Step 4: Here, select the Block All Cookies option. Slide it to the right. This will make sure that cookies are never stored in your browser.
However, note that while some cookies are cumbersome and might cause problems, blocking all cookies can be problematic as well. Disabling cookies entirely can ruin your internet browsing experience as many sites require cookies. If you wish to enable cookies, just follow the steps from 1 to 4 and then deselect the Block All Cookies option to make sure that they are not blocked on your browser.
Top Reasons For Removing Cookies From iPhone
You know how to delete all cookies from your iPhone, be it on Safari, Firefox or Chrome. But here are the reasons as to why you should remove cookies from your iPhone.
- Security reasons: Some cookies are found be malicious and are used by cybercriminals to track you, so it’s good to periodically remove cookies.
- Third-party cookies are unreliable: There is no clear indication as to where third-party cookies store your data. This can compromise your internet security, so be sure to remove cookies from time to time.
- Slows down browsers: Too many cookies can also slow down the processing speed of the browser, so clearing them is a good idea.
- Privacy Risk: As mentioned, cookies store your credentials and important data, which can cause privacy issues in case of a data breach. It is better to be on the safer side and remove them periodically.
Also Read: Easy Methods To Block Websites On Safari
To conclude, knowing how to remove cookies from your iPhone whether it’s in Safari, Firefox, or Chrome will enable you to confidently traverse the online world. Making educated decisions is aided by knowledge of cookies dual nature, which improves convenience while raising privacy concerns. Periodic cookie clearance guarantees a more seamless and secure online experience, regardless of the reasons behind it—security, dependability, or privacy. Take control of your online presence, adhere to the straightforward instructions provided, and experience a safer and more productive iPhone browsing experience.