Safari is the browsing application available on iPhones and Apple devices. It’s mostly used by iPhone users because of its versatility features. It allows the users to access the internet features alongside customizing them as per their convenience. One of the customizations available is that the user can block the various websites in safari as and when required. There can be several reasons why a person can decide to block a website. One reason could be you don’t want your children to reach the websites with adult content or you don’t want yourself to encounter such adult content. There are different ways and methods to block a website. All these ways are explained in detail in the following article. It’s is a very informative article and is a must-read for those who want to block websites on Safari.
Method 1: Block Adult Content
Adult content can harm children in a lot of ways. If your child frequently uses an iPhone for studies or school work and you are afraid that your child can click on adult content then you can block such content for your child’s safety by using a feature provided in your iPhone device only. You can follow the below steps to access the feature. Although, one disadvantage of this method is that it won’t be able to block contents from those sites which have hidden contents and are less known.
- Step 1: Choose ‘Screen Time’ from the ‘Settings’ option.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Content and Privacy Restrictions’ option and enable its toggle so that restrictions can be enabled easily.
- Step 3: Select ‘Web Content’ from the content restrictions page.
- Step 4: Select the ‘Limit Adult Websites’ option. This will automatically block adult content.
Also Read: Find Drafts On Facebook App for Publication
Method 2: Block Websites
If you want to block specific websites then you can do that if you have the URL of that particular website. For example, if you want to block Facebook or Instagram or any other social media website then you need to copy the URL of those websites. Follow the steps mentioned below to block those websites. For blocking a site you must know the URL of that particular website. If you don’t know the URL then you won’t be able to block that particular website.
- Step 1: From the ‘Settings’ option of your iPhone choose the ‘Contents and Privacy Restriction’ option from the screen time.
- Step 2: Select ‘Limited Adult Websites’ from the ‘Web Content’ from content restrictions.
- Step 3: You will see a ‘Never allow’ option. Under this tap on the ‘Add Website’ option.
- Step 4: Now paste or type the URL that you wish to block.
- Step 5: Press ‘Done’. Now you have successfully blocked the website via URL.
Also Read: Fix Your Organization Has Disabled The Ability To Change Some Options Error
Method 3: Selecting Specific Websites
In this method, you will be able to block all the websites on Safari and can also select those particular websites that you wish to allow. Only those websites will be accessible that you have whitelisted. But for this as well you must know the URL of those particular websites that you want to whitelist. Follow the steps
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Settings’ of your iPhone.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Contents and Privacy Restriction’ option from the screen time.
- Step 3: Select ‘Web Content’ from the content restrictions.
- Step 4: Select ‘Allowed Websites Only’ and click on the ‘Add Websites’ option
- Step 5: Add those websites that you want to have access to by pasting or typing the URL of those websites.
- Step 6:Press ‘Done’ and your changes are saved successfully.
In the present time, the internet is full of content. Some contents are good and some are not. To handle this flood of contents filters are required and Safari is one such browser that allows you to customize your searching easily. Safari helps you to block the sites that you don’t want to encounter. There are several ways and methods by which you can do this. This article comprises different methods through which you can block the websites on Safari conveniently without any ruckus.