Facebook which is now known as the Meta platform owns a messaging app as well and this is known by the name that most people are aware of, Messenger. Those who are using Facebook for more than 12 years may be knowing this messenger by the name Facebook chat till 2010. Earlier Facebook messenger was a part of Facebook but then the company started a standalone messenger separate from Facebook itself. In the past, the messaging culture included only text messages and smileys. Messaging has also evolved with time. In the present scenario, one can send media, emojis, gifs etc. through messages using different instant messaging apps like WhatsApp or Messenger.
With Facebook messenger, you can easily send text messages, stickers instantly. Not only this, you can send voice notes / audio messages and do video calling as well. Unlike WhatsApp, the audio messages or voice notes do not get automatically downloaded at the recipient’s end. It has to be downloaded and then it could be heard. In this article, we have mentioned the relevant methods about how to download audio from messenger in just a few simple steps.
Steps To Download The Audio File On Facebook Messenger
Method 1:- On Android
You received an important audio file on your Facebook messenger app and to download it you long pressed the message to get an option to download. But to your disappointment, no such option appears. Now what? Don’t worry!! You are not alone to face such a problem. Most people didn’t know how to download the audio messages on Facebook messenger and save a copy on their device. So here we are with the solution to your problems. Follow the steps mentioned below to download audio on the messenger application.
- Step 1: Go to Google Chrome or any internet browser you are using on your phone and type the site m.facebook.com (mobile version of Facebook) in the address bar. Click on the ‘Go’ option.
- Step 2: After the Facebook login page opens, fill in your ‘Login id’ and password.
- Step 3: Click on the messenger icon. You will see a message about switching to the messenger app on your phone but you need to ignore that message and continue through the browser itself.
- Step 4: Now in your Facebook messages you need to find the chat and audio message that you want to download.
- Step 5: Click on the audio message that you wish to download.
- Step 6: As soon as you tap the message it will be asked if you want to download and save it. Agree to this and go ahead. Your audio file will be downloaded and saved on your device.
Method 2: On PC
- Step 1: Go to www.facebook.com
- Step 2: Click on messenger and find the audio message through chats that you wish to download.
- Step 3: Tap on the 3 dots beside the audio message and click on the download option. This will save the audio file on your device.
Method 3: Using a Voice Recorder
This method is an indirect method to keep a copy of the audio message on your device using a voice recorder app like audacity.
- Step 1: Download any voice recording app from the Google play store like Audacity.
- Step 2: Now with this app records save the recording on your phone. This method is not efficient as the recording may be of poor quality with background noise.
Method 4: Using Google Chrome’s Developer Tools
This method is a little complicated but still will give you the same result and your audio file will be downloaded.
- Step 1: Go to Google Chrome on your PC.
- Step 2: Go to the Facebook messenger on the web and open the audio file that you want to download.
- Step 3: Click on the 3 dots displayed at the top right of the Chrome page.
- Step 4: Select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- Step 5: Choose ‘Network’ from the pop-up menu.
- Step 6: On the Facebook page start playing your audio file and on the developer tools page you will see the file name with an ‘audio clip’.
- Step 7: Double click on the audio clip and it will start downloading on your PC.
Facebook Messenger is a software that allows instant messaging. It is available as an app and on its website. It allows the users to send text messages, gifs, stickers, documents, pictures, and voice notes /audio messages with one click. But the voice notes do not get downloaded automatically in Facebook messenger. You need to follow certain steps to listen to the voice note that you have received from someone else. In this article, we have mentioned the same so you can implement these techniques to download audio from messenger at your convenience.