By implementing cutting-edge eSIM, or Embedded Subscriber Identity Module, technology, Jio, a well-known player in India’s telecom sector, has become a trailblazer in the rapidly evolving field of telecommunications. Jio has positioned itself at the forefront of the industry’s evolution and is frequently associated with technological innovation and customer-centric solutions with varied products, like the Jiofi or the Jio Phone. Jio is keeping up with global telecom advancements and streamlining the user experience by adopting eSIM technology. This action not only demonstrates Jio’s dedication to technological innovation but also reinforces the company’s main selling point of offering seamless connectivity and convenience to its users.
Jio’s entry into the eSIM market demonstrates the company’s steadfast commitment to staying on the cutting edge of technological advancement while making sure that customers have a flexible and hassle-free mobile experience. Even though the general public has long relied on traditional SIM cards, eSIMs are completely changing the game thanks to their unmatched versatility and ease of use. We will walk you through the process of switching from the traditional Jio SIM to the cutting-edge eSIM technology in this in-depth guide. But before we get into the specifics of this change, let’s first examine what makes Jio eSIM unique and the reasons behind its recent rise in popularity.
How Does Jio eSim Stand Out?
A digital SIM card that is integrated into a mobile device, known as an eSIM (Embedded Subscriber Identity Module), replaces the need for a physical SIM card. Since eSIMs are soldered into the device during manufacturing, they cannot be physically switched out, in contrast to traditional SIM cards, which are removable. Rather, it’s a flexible and convenient solution that allows users to remotely download and activate their mobile subscription on the eSIM. The way we connect and communicate on our devices has been completely transformed by this technology, which allows users to effortlessly switch between mobile carriers, manage multiple network profiles, and transition between devices without the inconvenience of physically swapping SIM cards.
The eSIM has been the norm in other foreign countries such as USA or UK and is quickly gaining traction in other countries due to the various benefits from it. There are a few telecom companies in India as well which offer the service of converting a regular SIM to an eSIM. One such company is Jio. The Jio eSIM allows you to activate your Jio prepaid or postpaid subscription service without the need for a physical SIM card. This technology is integrated into your device and can be digitally downloaded from a distance. As of now, Jio eSIM is supported by a limited number of smartphone brands, including Apple, Samsung, Google, Vivo and Motorola. This means that before you venture into our guide to learn how to convert Jio SIM to eSIM so that you can enjoy the benefits of eSIM, you must check and confirm whether you own a compatible device from these manufacturers.
Convert Jio SIM To eSIM: 5 Simple Steps
First of all, you should know whether you have a device compatible with Jio eSIM. If your device is compatible then you can proceed. You should also know that different steps are to be taken for different operating systems for converting a Jio SIM to an eSIM.
- Step 1: Send ‘GETESIM32 Digit EID> 15 Digit IMEI > to 199 from your active Jio smartphone.
- Step 2: You now need to share an eSIM number so that your eSIM can be processed. For this, type Send SIMCHG to 199 and wait for two hours.
- Step 3: Your eSIM can now be activated by sending 1 to 183 and requesting them for an automated call via +91 2235072222..
- Step 4: Press ‘1’ as your confirmation and proceed further to install ‘Data Plan’ on your mobile.
- Step 5: Depending on device type, go ahead with the activation steps listed below.
How To Perform Jio eSIM Activation On iPhone?
Jio eSIM functionality is only available on those Apple Devices which support iOS version 12 or greater. So do make sure that your Apple device is compatible with Jio eSIM before converting your regular SIM to eSIM. This is the method to do so:
- Step 1: Go under General in the settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: There, choose About to see your IMEI and EID numbers. Note these down as they are important for the next steps.
- Step 3: Next, text the phone’s EID and IMEI numbers, along with the message “SMS GETESIM” to 199.
- Step 4: After sending that message, you will get setup instructions for your eSIM profile along with a 19-digit eSIM number. Note that you might also additionally get an SMS to set up your profile for Jio.
- Step 5: Next, send a 19-digit eSIM code by texting SIMCHG to 199.
- Step 6: In two hours, you will receive an update, which you need to confirm by texting ‘1’ to 183.
- Step 7: Soon after that, you will be subject to an automated call by Jio where you will be asked to enter in your 19-digit eSIM number.
- Step 8: Enter the 19-digit eSIM number and then you will soon receive a confirmation message from Jio.
- Step 9: You might get a notification to set up a plan. If so, just click on the notification to set the profile and select Install data plan.
- Step 10: Then, click on Continue and set up your plan.
- Step 11: If no such message arrives, then simply Go to Settings and choose Jio Data Plan Ready to Install.
- Step 12: When you click on Continue at the end, your Jio eSIM should be enabled.
Through these easy steps, you can quickly change your regular Jio sim card to Jio eSIM and enjoy the various benefits from it. Note that your device must be compatible with it and you should be connected to a strong and stable internet connection for the procedure to work. If you are facing any issues, we advise contacting customer support.
How Android Users Can Activate Jio eSIM?
As mentioned earlier, only some brands offer connectivity with Jio eSIM for Android devices. And even then, only particular phone models of these brands may be compatible while others may not. So it is important that you make sure your phone is compatible with Jio eSIM before venturing further and learning how to start it for Android devices. The procedure is as follows:
- Step 1: Open your phone and go to Settings.
- Step 2: Under settings, go to the About option. Here you will be able to see your IMEI number.
- Step 3: Select the Status information option to get the EID number.
- Step 4: To get the EID and IMEI number, you must send an SMS message marked “GETESIM” to 199.
- Step 5: After doing the step stated above, you will soon get your 19-digit eSIM number and your 32-digit activation code, along with some information about the eSIM personal details via a message.
- Step 6: Make sure to note these down as they will be important in the following steps.
- Step 7: Now you will have to configure your eSIM. For that, go to Settings and click on the Connections option.
- Step 8: Then click on the SIM card manager option.
- Step 9: Select “Add mobile plan”> “Scan carrier QR code”
- Step 10: When you have finished the procedure, an SMS with a 32-digit activation code will be sent to you.
- Step 11: Lastly, you need to choose Connect and then bide your time for the activation of your Jio eSIM.
|Note: These steps are for Samsung devices. However, aside from slight changes, the general procedure is the same for all Android devices supporting the Jio eSIM.|
What Benefits You Get By Using Jio eSIM?
Jio eSIM, offered by one of India’s leading telecom providers, Jio, provides a range of compelling benefits that enhance the mobile experience for users. Here are some of the key advantages of using Jio eSIM:
- Convenience: Jio eSIM is very convenient as it does away with the need for a physical SIM card. You can switch devices without the inconvenience of transferring physical cards, and you don’t have to worry about misplacing or losing your SIM.
- Simple Network Switching: Jio eSIM enables users to quickly switch between various network providers. You can request a switch over the phone or online, regardless of your reason for switching—you can be on the go or just want to look into different network options.
- Many Network Profiles: The Jio eSIM allows users to store several network profiles on a single unit. It’s especially useful for frequent travellers who require connectivity in different regions.
- Loss Prevention: Since eSIMs are built into your device as hardware chips, there is almost no chance that you will misplace or break your SIM card. This guarantees continuous service and provides peace of mind.
- Eco-Friendly: eSIMs minimize the production and disposal of plastic SIM cards, which helps to maintain environmental sustainability by eliminating the need for physical SIM cards.
- Effective Activation: Jio eSIM activation is a time-efficient solution because it can be completed in a Jio Store or on your own in a matter of minutes.
- Space-saving: Smartphones can conserve internal space by using eSIM technology in place of physical SIM cards. This can result in thinner, more compact device designs, freeing up space for additional crucial parts and functionalities. So when more phones embrace the eSIM conversion phones are likely to get better.
- Broad Device Compatibility: A variety of devices from top producers, including Apple, Google, Samsung, and others, are compatible with Jio eSIM. This guarantees that the advantages of eSIM technology can be reaped by a large user base.
Jio has been at the forefront of innovation and technology since its inception by Reliance Digital in 2015. Jio’s innovative use of eSIM technology in the Indian telecom industry is evidence of its dedication to both customer convenience and innovation. Using eSIMs instead of traditional SIM cards is a big step towards simplifying mobile connectivity. A wide variety of smartphone users, including those with iOS and Android devices, can easily convert their Jio SIM to an eSIM with the help of our easy-to-use guide. The benefits of adopting Jio eSIM, which include ease of use, straightforward network switching, the ability to switch between multiple network profiles, loss prevention, environmental friendliness, and wide device compatibility, underscore the technology’s transformative potential. We can anticipate even more environmentally friendly and efficient mobile experiences in the future as the globe adopts eSIM technology, which will ultimately improve our connectivity and device usage. Jio’s leadership in this area demonstrates their commitment to remaining at the forefront of the constantly changing telecom sector.