Leading India’s rapidly changing telecom market, Airtel is a shining example of technological innovation, constantly adjusting to the changing needs of the market. Airtel is a leader in the telecommunications industry because it strategically incorporates state-of-the-art eSIM (Electronic SIM) technology as the 5G era draws near. Acclaimed for its dedication to customer-focused solutions and technological innovations, Airtel has played a pivotal role in the industry’s revolutionary trajectory. Products such as Airtel Xstream, Airtel BlueJeans Pro Plan and the Airtel Thanks app have demonstrated the company’s commitment to improving customer experiences. With the advent of eSIM technology, Airtel is now embracing the global trend away from traditional physical SIM cards.
This article acts as a thorough manual, assisting Airtel customers in making the smooth switch from traditional SIM cards to the cutting-edge realm of eSIMs. In addition to demonstrating Airtel’s commitment to staying on the cutting edge of technology, the adoption of eSIM technology gives users more flexibility and convenience in the rapidly changing digital landscape. Come along for the ride as we explore the exciting world of eSIM connectivity, which represents a major turning point in Airtel’s ongoing contributions to the telecom revolution. We will learn how to convert a SIM to eSIM and Airtel activate Airtel eSIM on both Android and iPhone devices.
Importance Of Physical SIM Card
Let’s start by learning the basics of a conventional SIM card before delving deeper into the world of eSIM technology. These Subscriber Identity Modules, as they are known in India, are tiny physical chips that slide into your smartphone’s SIM tray to enable seamless connectivity. Every SIM card is uniquely associated with a particular carrier. It contains a unique phone number in addition to being pre-programmed with various important information like the IMEI number, authentication key, PIN, and ICCID of your device. Conventional SIM cards from Airtel are essential in the dynamic world of Indian telecoms. They enable connectivity and communication by giving users a vital link to their preferred carrier.
It is impossible to exaggerate how easy it is to remove a physical SIM card; it only takes a few minutes and an ejector tool, and once removed, users can easily move the card to another device. Before we dive into the forthcoming conversation about eSIM technology, it is important to recognise the comfort and familiarity that traditional Airtel SIM cards have provided to millions of Indian users. This legacy will be upheld as a new era of connectivity and convenience is ushered in by the shift from the conventional to the innovative eSIM landscape.
Why Should You Choose eSIM?
An embedded SIM, also known as an eSIM, is a digital advancement of the conventional SIM card that is easily incorporated into your smartphone. In contrast to its physical equivalent, the eSIM is a fixed component of the device that performs the same functions but cannot be physically removed. The eSIM, which contains a Near-Field Communication (NFC) chip, adds a revolutionary feature by making it possible to manage several numbers and carriers on a single embedded platform. It’s important to remember that only one carrier can be active at any given time, even though this offers increased flexibility. Nonetheless, users benefit from unmatched convenience due to the simplicity of switching between carriers and the capacity of international eSIMs to stay active while travelling overseas.
Beyond just its practical benefits, the embedded nature of the eSIM enhances mobile phones’ overall design efficiency. Manufacturers can create sleeker, more streamlined designs and leave room for larger batteries to increase the device’s endurance by doing away with the physical SIM slots. With a basic understanding of eSIM technology under our belts, let’s move on to investigating the Airtel eSIM activation process, which will open up a world of connectivity that seamlessly blends innovation and usefulness.
Airtel eSIM Activation Steps
Before you start the activation of eSIM on Airtel devices, you need to verify whether you have a device which is compatible with the Airtel eSIM or not. Many companies offer eSIM compatibility with Airtel connection, including Apple’s iPhone, Google’s Pixel Smartphones, Samsung, Motorola and Vivo devices. You can check the exact devices supported by going to Airtel’s official site or visiting the Airtel store nearby. Once you know that your device is compatible with Airtel eSIM, you can activate the eSIM on your device, and then convert your SIM to eSIM Airtel.
Activating Airtel eSIM
- Step 1: To begin, send an SMS to 121 using the following format: eSIM <registered email ID>
- Step 2: Airtel will confirm that the eSIM activation process has begun after receiving the SMS. Enter a ‘1’ response to continue within the allotted 60 seconds.
- Step 3: You might receive a call from Airtel requesting your consent. Please make sure to accept this call because if you don’t, the eSIM activation request will be cancelled.
- Step 4: Airtel will send you a final SMS with a QR code to the email address you registered after you give your consent.
After these steps, you might need to wait for 1-2 hours as it can take some time before activating the eSIM capability. If it does not get activated even after that, then it would be advisable to contact Airtel Customer Care.
Also Read: Convert Jio SIM To eSIM Android & iPhone
Converting SIM to eSIM Airtel – Android
After you activate your eSIM you will get the QR code to your registered email address. After registering, you can set up your eSIM for your device using these steps:
- Step 1: First open the Settings app, and under it click on the Connections option.
- Step 2: Select Add Mobile Plan when you launch Sim Card Manager.
- Step 3: After that is done, select the Add Using QR Code option.
- Step 4: After that, you need to follow further instructions and scan the QR code that you received in your mail as we mentioned before.
- Step 5: Once scanning is complete, tap on ‘Add’ option to add the eSIM to your device. In these simple steps, your eSIM will be added to your device and set up successfully, and your regular SIM card will get converted to an eSIM.
How iPhone Uers Can Conver SIM To eSIM Airtel?
The steps for conversion and set-up from regular SIM cards to eSIM on Apple devices (iOS devices) are similar to those of Android but with a few key changes. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: You need to open the Settings app, and then go to the Mobile Data section.
- Step 2: After launching the Sim Card Manager, select Add Mobile Plan.
- Step 3: Select the Add Using QR Code option after that.
- Step 4: You now need to follow further instructions and scan the QR code that you received in your mail as we mentioned before.
- Step 5: Once scanning is complete, select Add Data Plan > Data Plan Labels > Continue
With just five easy steps your eSIM is connected to your iOS devices and you can experience eSIM capabilities. Now that you know how to activate Airtel eSIM, see how an eSIM benefits you.
Benefits of Using Airtel eSIM
The rise of eSIM is here and along with Airtel, Vodafone, Jio has also launched eSIM in the market. But what is it that makes eSIMs so beneficial? Here are the top reasons for using an eSIM:
- Effortless Management: Managing several numbers and carriers on a single embedded platform is made easier with eSIM technology, which is one of the main reasons to adopt it. This simplifies the user experience by doing away with the necessity of physically switching SIM cards.
- Global Connectivity: One benefit of using eSIMs while travelling is the ability to maintain active international profiles. Without having to deal with the inconvenience of obtaining and inserting a local SIM card, this global connectivity guarantees continuous service.
- Carrier Switching Flexibility: One of an eSIM’s best features is how simple it is to switch between carriers. Users can move between networks with ease, giving them unmatched freedom to select and adjust to their preferred carriers.
- Space-Efficient Design: Sleeker and more space-efficient smartphone designs are made possible by the embedded nature of eSIMs. Thanks to this innovation, manufacturers can now design devices that are slimmer and can accommodate larger batteries for increased endurance.
- Technology Fit for the Future: By utilising eSIM, users can stay ahead of the curve and be prepared for any changes in the telecommunications industry by having access to future-ready connectivity options.
Also Read: T-Mobile Now Supports eSIM For iOS
To sum up, Airtel’s adoption of eSIM technology signifies a significant change in the telecom environment in India. Airtel, a mainstay of the sector, keeps things innovative by incorporating eSIMs into its offerings. Customers of Airtel can easily switch from using traditional SIM cards to the more sophisticated world of eSIMs thanks to the comprehensive guide, which highlights the company’s dedication to both technological innovation and customer satisfaction. The advantages of eSIM technology highlight its importance in the developing digital age, from simple management and worldwide connectivity to flexible carrier switching and space-efficient design. The use of eSIMs by Airtel is evidence of its commitment to giving customers a convenient and future-ready connectivity experience as it enters the 5G era. As we move forward to a digital era, the advanced eSIM technology is a step in the direction of a truly digital world.