eSIMs have become the leaders of a digital revolution in the constantly changing field of mobile communication. Once known as Vodafone, Vi has not only accepted this change but has also expanded to include postpaid customers in some areas. Vi, which is now a significant figure in Indian telecom history, popularized the idea of eSIMs, or “Embedded Subscriber Identity Modules.” With its ability to free users from the limitations of physical SIM cards and usher in a new era of convenience and flexibility in mobile connectivity, this innovation represents a significant step forward. Vi’s expertise in the Indian telecom industry is evidence of its dedication to offering state-of-the-art services.
Vi, the abbreviation for Vodafone Idea, has a long history of meeting the constantly evolving needs of its customers by constantly improving, such as their quick adoption of 5g technology
. In an effort to make its customers’ lives easier, eSIMs were introduced as a further milestone in this journey. The following article explores the nuances of Vi’s eSIM service and walks you on how to convert SIM to eSIM Vodafone. With the help of eSIM-capable devices, this transformation mostly enables you to easily connect to Vi’s network, genuinely embodying the progressive mindset that Vi has always promoted. So let’s set out on this adventure together and investigate how Vi’s eSIM technology will shape mobile communication in the future.
Complete Breakdown On eSIM Technology
In our contemporary world of fast-paced technological advancements, eSIMs stand out as a defining innovation in the realm of mobile communication. Before we discover how to switch to eSIM on Vi or Vodafone, let us first understand what eSIMs are and why they represent a groundbreaking transformation in the way we connect with our mobile networks. Fundamentally, eSIM is an acronym for “Embedded Subscriber Identity Module.” An eSIM is a fully digital object that is seamlessly integrated within your device, in contrast to the conventional physical SIM cards
that we have been used to for years. This little marvel of digital technology contains all the necessary information needed to identify your device on a mobile network. It functions similarly to a virtual SIM card at the heart of your gadget.
The appeal of the eSIM is how much it mimics a regular SIM card without the physical limitations. You can use an eSIM to access your Vi postpaid number without holding a physical card. This eliminates the need to fiddle with SIM ejector pins or look for SIM card slots. Since the eSIM is a crucial component of your device’s hardware and is always prepared to connect you to the network of your choice, it offers unparalleled convenience. Beyond just convenience, eSIM technology has many benefits. It enables users to seamlessly transition between networks, transforming your device into a dual-SIM powerhouse. Travellers or people who need to keep separate personal and professional lines on one device will find this flexibility especially helpful. This is why the world is so keen on switching to eSIMs, even competitors of Vi, such as Jio
, are transitioning to eSIM technology. This is why Vi has launched the eSIM feature on its postpaid service, empowering its customers to step into a digital world without boundaries and complete control. Now that we understand the importance of eSIMs, let us move forward with how we will convert your regular SIM card to an eSIM. Before doing that though, it is important to know the prerequisites for being eligible for a Vi eSIM.
Also Read: Convert Jio SIM To eSIM Android & iPhone
Eligibility Required For Vi eSIM
It is crucial to confirm that you meet the requirements before converting your Vi SIM to an eSIM. Only postpaid Vi mobile customers in the following Indian regions are currently eligible for Vi’s eSIM support: Mumbai, Delhi, Gujarat, Punjab, Maharashtra, Goa, UP (East), Kolkata, Karnataka, Kerala, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Rest of Bengal, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, UP (West), and Bihar. You need to have a phone that supports eSIM in addition to being in one of these eligible regions. On their official website
, Vi has provided a detailed list of compatible eSIM devices, so you can check if your device is eSIM compatible. A vital step before starting your eSIM journey is checking this list. After you have checked and made sure that your mobile is eligible for Vi eSIM, let us now start to convert your regular SIM card to digital eSIM and step into the future of telecommunication.
Basic Steps To Activate Vi eSIM
Before you convert your SIM card to an eSIM, you have to activate the eSIM feature on your Vi account. Only after the activation can your SIM card be converted fully to an eSIM. Therefore, the activation of eSIM is an integral part. The steps for it are given below:
- Step 1: First send a message to the number 199 in this format: eSIM (space) <email registered with Vi account>
- Step 2: If you have provided the correct details, a confirmation text will be sent to your number shortly afterwards.
- Step 3: Now respond ESIMY to the SMS to confirm.
- Step 4: Once more, you will receive an SMS requesting permission to call.
- Step 5: You will receive a message with a QR code on your email ID after granting consent.
After these steps, the eSIM option will be activated. Keep the QR code handy, because we will be using that to convert our regular SIM cards to eSIM in the next section of this article.
How To Easily Convert SIM To eSIM Vodafone?
After you have activated your eSIM, it is time to convert your SIM card into an eSIM. The steps are a bit different depending on whether you are an Android user or Apple (iOS) user. All these are listed below.
Converting eSIM on Android
- Step 1: Select Connections after opening Settings.
- Step 2: After that, select Add Mobile Plan when you launch Sim Card Manager now.
- Step 3: Then you need to select the Add Using QR Code option after that.
- Step 4: You now need to follow further instructions and scan the QR code that you received in your mail.
- Step 5: Once scanning is complete, tap Add to add the eSIM to your device. Doing this will completely convert your SIM card to an eSIM in your Android phone, taking you to a new height of digital connectivity.
Convert eSIM on iPhone
The steps of conversion are rather bit similar on Apple devices than those of Android devices, with just a little bit of difference. Here are the steps listed for you:
- Step 1: Open Settings and tap on Mobile Data
- Step 2: Select Add Data Plan
- Step 3: Now scan the QR code you got on your mail
- Step 4: Choose Add Data Plan > Data Plan Labels
- Step 5: Tap on Continue and your eSIM is fully activated and configured.
After these steps are over, your SIM card will be converted to an eSIM in your iOS phone, thus taking you to new heights of digital networking and communication.
What Advantages You Can Get By Using Vi eSIM?
Several benefits come with switching to Vi eSIM, which can completely change the way you communicate on mobile devices. Here are a few main advantages:
- Easy Convenience: Handling a physical SIM card is no longer necessary with Vi eSIM. No more fumbling with ejector pins or looking for SIM card slots. Your device has safely embedded your SIM card.
- Dual-SIM Functionality: When you use an eSIM, your phone turns into a dual-SIM phone, which lets you use two phone numbers on one device. For both personal and business use, as well as for travellers in need of both a local and international number, this feature is immensely helpful.
- Simple Activation: Activation is a remote process that is easy to follow. You can switch to Vi eSIM from the comfort of your home; there’s no need to go to a physical store.
- Environmental Impact: By reducing the need for physical SIM cards and the plastic waste they generate, eSIMs help to promote a more environmentally responsible and sustainable way of doing things.
- Seamless Flexibility: You have the freedom to choose the best mobile network for your needs, whether they are related to travel or better coverage since you can switch between them with ease.
- Enhanced Security: eSIMs offer greater security because they are impervious to theft or physical harm, guaranteeing the continuity of your mobile connection.
Also Read: Transfer eSIM To iPhone On Airtel, Vodafone & Jio
Vi’s move to eSIM technology is evidence of its dedication to offering cutting-edge and user-friendly services in the Indian telecom market in a world where technology is always evolving. With this digital revolution, the era of physical SIM cards has drastically changed, giving way to a more adaptable, sustainable, and convenient method of mobile connectivity. In some parts of India, postpaid customers have been the first to receive eSIMs thanks to Vi, formerly known as Vodafone. Many advantages come with switching to Vi eSIMs, such as the ease of doing away with physical SIM cards, dual-SIM capability for personal and business use, simple remote activation, reduced plastic waste and environmental responsibility, flexible network options, and improved security.