Starting the process of opening a new iPhone is an exciting and highly anticipated moment. You finally get your new shiny and sleek phone and you are excited to start afresh and begin a new journey of the innovative technology that Apple offers. After all, Apple is known for its quality ecosystem and unique features such as Apple Pay. Before you even begin configuring the device and moving data, you should definitely transfer your eSIM to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Establishing a network connection is essential to use your phone properly and utilize the features of your phone.
In the modern day, everyone has switched from physical SIMs to eSIMs. So when you have to start your iPhone, you just need to transfer your eSIM to your new iPhone. Now, while this idea may seem daunting at first, worry not—this thorough guide is specifically designed to take you through the nuances of different telecom providers. Although a variety of telecom providers have eSIM capabilities, such as Airtel Telecom or Jio Telecom, the steps for transferring your eSIM to your iPhone are fairly simple to do. Join our guide as we explore how to transfer your eSIM to iPhone and unlock the future of 5G connectivity.
Things To Know Before Transferring eSIM
Before we get to the task of transferring your eSIM to the brand-new iPhone you just got, there are a few prerequisites that you need to know. The first thing is to realize the software version your iOS needs to be before you embark on the journey of transferring eSIM to your iPhone. Your iPhone is required to be of the minimum version iOS 16 for this to work – both your old iPhone and your new iPhone. That means that both your iPhones need to be iPhone 11 or further models. Additionally, we also recommend having a strong internet connection which is also stable, as this process requires the internet. There are two ways to transfer your eSIM, either automatically or manually. Join us as we explore both options and transfer your eSIM to the iPhone.
6 Steps For eSIM Automatic Transfer
This is the process through which you can automatically transfer your eSIM from your old to your new iPhone. The process to do this is very straightforward. The procedure is given below:
- Step 1: Navigate to Mobile Data in Settings and choose “Set up mobile service.”
- Step 2: On the screen, tap ‘Other options’ at the bottom.
- Step 3: Two options will appear on the screen: “Transfer from nearby iPhone” and “QR code.”
- Step 4: After getting a notification on your old iPhone, follow the on-screen instructions if you’re using the nearby iPhone option.
- Step 5: If you choose to use the QR code option, get the code from your operator. Use the camera app to scan it, then adhere to the on-screen directions.
After this, your eSIM will be automatically transferred without any manual intervention. However, there is also a manual way of doing it, which we will discuss in the section below.
Also Read: Convert Jio SIM To eSIM Android & iPhone
How To Manually Transfer eSIM?
As discussed, there is also a manual way of transferring eSIM to your new iPhone. This process is detailed below for your reference. Follow the instructions to manually transfer your eSIM.
- Step 1: On your iPhone, open Settings and select Mobile Data.
- Step 2: Here you need to select “Set up mobile service.”
- Step 3: Your entire phone number set—e-SIM and physical SIM included—will be visible.
- Step 4: If automatic eSIM transfer is not supported by your telecom operator, you will see ‘Transfer not supported.’ In this situation, speak with your operator. Note that Airtel, Jio and Vi offer eSIM connectivity.
- Step 5: Now, initiate the manual transfer. This process is different for each telecom, as explained below:
|Airtel: For Airtel, text ‘eSIM’ to 121, and for Vodafone, text ‘eSIM’ to 199. An email confirming the transfer of the eSIM will be sent to you.|
Jio: For Jio, first install the MyJio app. Then, you need to verify your email and after that is done, send ‘GETESIM’ to 199.
Why eSIM Demand Has Been Increasing?
Now that you know how to transfer your eSIM from your old iPhone to the brand new iPhone you just got, let us actually see what benefits you will get by using eSIM services. Adopting eSIM (embedded SIM) on iPhone offers a number of benefits in the ever-changing world of mobile technology that completely transform how we connect and interact. With its revolutionary approach to managing mobile connectivity, eSIM technology functions as a compact, embedded digital SIM card within the device. The following are some strong benefits that demonstrate how eSIM can be transformative:
- Flexibility of Device: The small size of the eSIM frees devices from the limitations of physical SIM cards. With more freedom to design, manufacturers can now produce devices that are more streamlined and elegant, which will ultimately lead to the development of lighter and more fashionable devices.
- Multiple Profiles on a Single Device: Supporting multiple profiles on a single device is one of eSIM’s most notable features. Without physically switching SIM cards, users can easily transition between various mobile plans or carriers. Those looking for affordable data plans or frequent travellers will find this flexibility especially beneficial.
- Improved Security: eSIMs have improved security features that lower the possibility of SIM card cloning or unwanted access. Thanks to this development, users mobile experiences are safer and more sensitive data is protected.
- Impact on the Environment: The adoption of eSIM technology is consistent with a larger environmental agenda. Because there is less e-waste generated when physical SIM cards are produced and disposed of, eSIMs are a more environmentally friendly option for customers who care about the environment.
- Remote Activation and Management: eSIMs have the ability to be remotely activated and managed, in contrast to traditional SIM cards. This implies that customers don’t need to physically exchange their SIM cards in order to add new plans or switch carriers. This remote capability simplifies the user experience overall while also improving convenience.
- Simplified Global Roaming: eSIM makes it easier for travellers to connect to local networks overseas. It’s simple for users to transfer to a local carrier without having to worry about getting a physical SIM card, making it an easy way to travel abroad.
The benefits of using eSIM technology become increasingly clear as we observe how quickly technology is developing and how it will play a major role in creating a digital future that is more flexible, connected, and sustainable. This revolutionary change not only makes users lives easier but also establishes eSIM as a key component in the continuous development of mobile connectivity.
Future Evolution Of eSIM
The future of eSIM is bright, and it is likely to play an increasingly important role in the mobile industry in the years to come. A programmable SIM card that can be remotely provisioned and updated over the air is called an embedded SIM, or eSIM. Compared to traditional SIM cards, which need to be physically inserted into a device, this makes it a more adaptable and practical choice. Although eSIM technology is still in its infancy, it has the power to completely alter how we connect to mobile networks. Eventually, eSIMs may be utilised for:
- Enable seamless switching between carriers: With no need to buy a new SIM card, this would make using local networks and travelling abroad simple.
- Allow for dynamic carrier selection: Devices would then be able to select the optimal network based on variables like data speed and signal strength.
Enable new business models: eSIMs could be used, for instance, to develop subscription-based services that offer multi-carrier access.
Examining the benefits of eSIM technology—from enhanced security and environmental impact to device flexibility—makes it evident that this revolutionary change is about more than just convenience; it also fits into a larger environmental agenda. The advantages of eSIM adoption appeal to eco-aware individuals as well as those who are tech-savvy. Let’s sum up by saying that the eSIM transfer procedure embodies Apple’s strong dedication to intuitive technology and communication. You’re now prepared to move smoothly into the future of mobile connectivity, embracing the convenience, flexibility, and sustainability that eSIM technology brings to the forefront, with a deeper understanding of the nuances and benefits of eSIM. Now go ahead and transfer your eSIM to start a journey where your new iPhone’s possibilities are only limited by your connectivity.