Some users may decide to remove their health data from their iPhones for a variety of reasons. For example, as a storage space-saving mechanism, if you find that your health app data is using a few gigabytes of storage space on your device, or is keeping everything out of date. With the increase in cyber-attacks & data theft most people now prefer to delete health data on their iPhones. If you are one of the iPhone users & is looking out for some methods then check out this article on ‘How to Delete Health Data on iPhone’ for better guidance.
Information Collected By Health App
The iPhone Health app itself collects useful health data, can function as a step meter, walk and run distance tracker, save medical records on iPhone in case of an emergency, or track heart rate when paired with an Apple Watch and other devices. Many other apps and smart devices also send data to the Health App to track other health components such as weight, glucose levels, blood pressure, body fat and body composition, and many health-related data.
Steps To Delete Health Data on iPhone
- Step 1: Open the Health app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on the ‘Health Data’ option & choose the category from which you wish to delete the data.
- Step 3: Tap on ‘Show All’ from the chosen category of your choice.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Edit’ button displayed at the corner of the screen.
- Step 5: Tap on the ‘Delete All’ button & confirm to delete all the selected health records.
Delete Health App Data From Different Apps On Your iPhone
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Profile Icon’ present at the top right side of the Health App.
- Step 2: Select “Apps” from the next screen available under the ‘Privacy Settings’ section.
- Step 3: Select the “Health” option from the Apps page.
- Step 4: Tap on “Delete all the data from health” to delete everything from your iPhone.
In case you don’t wish to delete the entire data then there’s also an option to delete the health data on an individual basis by clicking on the ‘listing’ option & tapping on Edit>Delete All from the list of displayed options.
Delete Health App Data From Different Activities
- Step 1: Select the ‘Browse Tab’ from Health App.
- Step 2: Choose the category of your choice from Health Categories. For Eg: Choose ‘ Select Activity’
- Step 3: Click on any activity from the activity page that you wish to delete.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Show all Data’ from the next screen & tap on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Step 5: Tap on ‘Delete All’ for erasing all data or on the (-) sign for removing data on an individual basis.
However, due to some reason, there is no universal “Erase All Health Data” option on the iPhone. If you don’t want your step activity or other fitness tracking to be saved on your iPhone, then you can always go one step further and turn off motion and fitness tracking on your iPhone. You can also turn on fitness tracking on your iPhone if you turned off using the same settings before. The health app comes pre-installed as a default app on all new iPhone models, but if you don’t use the app you can always uninstall it like any other default app on iOS.