If you always want to live in secrecy, we know that you genuinely want to find out on steam how to hide games from friends. If you Hide games on Steam, it will let you enjoy the games privately that you are owning in your Steam Library and you can easily hide your games along with your recent steam activity from your friends who are on your friend list.
Hiding your games from your friends is your personal choice, maybe you don’t want to share your games with them or you might feel embarrassed if your friends will see the game titles that are available in your Steam Library. Therefore, you must be wondering, what are the methods that we can apply on steam for hiding the games from friends? Don’t worry guys, we are here to answer your question. We will be describing some methods that you can apply and hide games from friends on Steam.
Methods For ‘Steam: How to Hide Games From Friends’
If you visit your profile or any of your friend’s profiles, you’ll see a list of the games that have been played by you or your friend along with the hours that you or your friend have spent playing those games in the past two weeks.
By default, your steam profile will remain public. To make it private, you can use ‘Valve’. Still, your steam profile is publicly available if somebody uses a third-party service to gather all your information such as using ‘IsThereAnyDeal’ to scan your games Wishlist and will inform you if any of those games are on sale on some other game stores or not. To make your profile private on Steam, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Click on your ‘Username’ and choose the ‘Profile’ option.
- Step 2: Select the option of ‘Edit Profile’ present on the page’s right side.
- Step 3: There will be an option of ‘Privacy Settings’ on the page left side. Click on it.
- Step 4: Adjust the settings of your steam profile privacy.
For hiding the games, there are two options which are mentioned below:
- Option 1: Set privacy on the option of ‘Game Details’. It will not let your friends access the list of games that you play along with the games Wishlist. But they can have a look at your friends’ list, comments, inventory, etc. It completely depends on the choices that you have chosen on the privacy page.
- Option 2: Set your profile to ‘Private’ for hiding everything. This will hide your entire steam profile from everyone. If you want your friends to see your profile, just select the option of ‘Friends only’.
Ways To Hide Gameplay Activity In Steam Chat
If you feel a little embarrassed about the game that you are playing at present and you don’t want to notify your friends about the game that you are playing either from their list of games or from your list, you have two options to hide your gameplay activity; either become invisible or go offline on Steam chat. Follow the steps below to hide your gameplay activity on steam chat.
- Step 1: There will be an option of ‘Friends’ on the top-left side of the Steam window. Click on it and then select the option of ‘invisible’ or ‘offline’.
- Step 2: There’s an alternative as well. You can click on the option of ‘Friends & Chat’ at the right-hand corner of the screen bottom to display the window of ‘Steam Chat’.
- Step 3: Click on the icon of an arrow without a tail present besides the username. Click on the option of ‘invisible ‘or ‘offline’ from the drop-down list.
Method for ‘Steam: How To Hide/Remove Games From Library
To hide any game from the Library of the Steam, you have two choices to select. Either you can select the option of ‘Hidden’ or ‘Remove it from Steam Library’. To hide or remove a game follow the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Right-click on the game that you want to hide or remove.
- Step 2: Click on the option of ‘Manage’ & tap on ‘Hide this game’ option.
If you have achieved something while playing any game or the time that you have spent on any game it will be visible to your friends. Nevertheless, if anyone has access to your computer, they can’t see the game that you have hidden in your normal steam library.
Steam: How to hide games from friends, it’s not a major issue that one cannot deal with. It’s very simple to hide your games on steam. Nowadays the available not-so-safe games on steam are preferred more to be hidden. There can be other games of your choice too that you don’t want to tell to your friends. Therefore, you can apply the methods that we explained above and maintain your privacy on Steam with ease.