At times, you won’t be able to open files of Minecraft, instead, it will show an error of ‘Failed to download file’. You can apply some tricks to fix the error that we have discussed in our article. The suggestions and recommendations in the gaming hub provided in this article will make your experience of gaming smooth and easy. Just have faith in our explained methods that will help you to troubleshoot the error of ‘failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected.
Minecraft, the best-selling video game has reached a count of 120 million users all over the world. While playing Minecraft, sometimes you must have experienced some errors. The usual error that pop-up while opening Minecraft on Twitch is ‘failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected’. But don’t worry, as we have fixed this issue by explaining some troubleshooting methods that can fix this error and you can play Minecraft smoothly.
Method 1: Repairing Damaged Files
- Step 1: Scan and restore missing and Corrupt files by downloading and running ‘Restoro’.
- Step 2: After performing this step, move on with the solutions that are explained below.
Method 2: Minecraft Update Process
If the Minecraft launcher is outdated, then there’s a probability of seeing the error of ‘failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected’. If you’ll update the Minecraft launcher, then there are chances of fixing this issue.
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Minecraft Launcher’. Click on the option of ‘Options’ present next to the username.
- Step 2: Select the option of ‘Force Update’.
- Step 3: After updating the Minecraft launcher successfully, check if the issue got fixed or not.
Method 3: Use Vanilla Launcher
If the problem has started in the mod as a glitch, then you should open Minecraft using the Vanilla Minecraft launcher to fix your issue.
- Step 1: Close and exit the Non-vanilla launcher.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Minecraft Native Launcher’ and select the option of ‘Play’.
- Step 3: Run it unless you see ‘Create Game Screen’. Now you can close it.
- Step 4: Go to the non-vanilla launcher that you were using earlier and check if the error persists.
If you are a twitch user, you need to click on the option of ‘Mod Pack’. At the launcher screen, shift the game into ‘Vanilla’ mode and then open the game. Make it load completely and afterwards close the game. You have to repeat this procedure for ‘ModPack’ and check if the issue got fixed.
Also Read: 4 Best Techniques To Fix ‘Try Again Later On Instagram’ Issue
Method 4: Change Opening Preference To Java for .Jar Extension
If you haven’t set Java as the default application for opening the files with the.Jar extension, opening the downloaded files will be difficult because of the incompatibility factor. If you alter the opening preference of the file, it can fix the issue.
- Step 1: Right-click on the option Windows and select the option ‘Run’.
- Step 2: Navigate towards ‘%appdata%\ .minecraft\assets\indexes’
- Step 3: Right-click on .Java or .Jar extension Files and click on ‘Properties’.
- Step 4: Click on the option of ‘Change’ in front of ‘Opens With’ and choose ‘Java’ or the option of ‘OpenJDK Platform Binary’.
- Step 5: Apply the changes and go to the launcher for assuring if the issue got fixed or not.
Method 6: Using A VPN Connection For Downloading File
The glitches in the server of regional Minecraft can be the reason for the issue of ‘failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected’. You can connect to another server by using VPN and fix the issue. But firstly, you need to close and exit from the launcher.
- Step 1: The VPN application needs to be downloaded and installed on your device.
- Step 2: Set the connection with a different location and then go to the launcher and check for the issue if it persists.
Method 7: Disabling Firewall On PC
The firewall of the computer can hinder the process of Minecraft launcher and therefore, show the issue of ‘failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected’. That’s why we recommend you disable the Firewall of your computer to fix the issue.
- Step 1: Go to the ‘System Tray’ and click right on the option of ‘Security application’.
- Step 2: Choose ‘Pause Firewall’ and then click on ‘Confirm’ for the same.
- Step 3: Now disable the ‘Windows Firewall’. Go to the Minecraft launcher and check if you are successful in fixing the issue.
Also Read: Prominent Ways To Send Anonymous SMS : Mask Your Identity
Also Read: Tips To Make An Invisible Discord Name And Avatar
Also Read: Skip Sign In Windows 10 :Time-Saving Methods
Also Read: Coherent Tips To Transfer Photos From iPhone To PC
The solutions explained above are the most accurate ones that you can apply easily if you are facing the issue of ‘failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected’. Make your gameplay smoother on Minecraft by eliminating the error using the methods provided to you in the upper section of this article.