Whenever you try to log in to the system, Windows 10 always asks you to enter your password. Though we should consider it as a good feature of security, still at times it becomes annoying too and it’s not a requirement if you are the only one who’s using the system at that moment. Your search ends if you want to skip this part while using your system and browsing different sites. We have explained different methods step-by-step in an easy language that you won’t need any other website to search now.
Method 1: Use Of Local Account
|Note: Just follow the mentioned steps and turn off the login screen.|
- Step 1: Open the ‘Run Box’ by pressing and holding on to the ‘R + Windows key’ and write ‘netplwiz. Enter ‘Ok’.
- Step 2: A dialog box of ‘User Account’ is displayed. It will be showing you a list of accounts that are opened on your PC.
- Step 3: Select the account through which you want to skip the login screen in Windows 10. Uncheck the checkbox present at the side of ‘Users must enter a username and password to use this computer’ with a tap.
- Step 4: Select the ‘Apply’ button present at the bottom corner on the right side of the screen. A dialog box pops up that will prompt you to type the username along with the password twice.
- Step 5: You need to restart your PC to see the changes you saved. You’ll see that now you don’t need to type your login credentials while accessing your PC.
Also Read: Prominent Approach To Take Scrolling Screenshot In Windows 10
Method 2: Group Policy Editor
- Step 1: Open the ‘Run Box’ by pressing and holding on to the ‘R + Windows key’ and write ‘gpedit.msc’. Enter ‘Ok’.
- Step 2: ‘Local Group Policy Editor’ is displayed that has switches to all the Windows System Settings.
- Step 3: On the pane left side, direct towards the given path by selecting the small triangle before it opens the other options.
- Step 4: After choosing the logon finally, observe the numerous options displayed on the GPE windows right side. Discover the settings labelled as ‘Don’t display the getting started welcome screen at logon’ and click twice on it.
- Step 5: You will see that a new window is displayed showing new choices. Click on ‘Enabled’. It will help you to skip the system login screen after you restart your PC.
Also Read: Steam Not Opening In Windows 10 : Multiple Methods To Fix It
Method 3: Skip after Lock/Sleep
If you wish to keep the lock screen of your system but you also wish to disable it after the shutdown of your PC or when it undergoes sleep mode, the steps are a bit different. The steps mentioned below will make the lock screen appear but will not ask for your login details while the current session is going on.
- Step 1: Press and hold on to the ‘E + Windows key’ to open the File Explorer and direct towards the system apps by pressing C and then clicking on Windows.
- Step 2: After opening the folder of ‘SystemApps’, locate a particular folder with the name ‘Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy’ to rename it.
- Step 3: Alter the extension of the folder to ‘.bak’ and select ‘Enter’ present on the keyboard.
- Step 4: A prompt will be received that asks for elevated approval. Select ‘Continue’.
Now you’ll be able to skip the login when the lock screen appears as it will not ask for your login details.
Also Read: Three Different Methods to Disable Xbox Game Bar Windows 10
It’s very easy to skip the part of the login screen in Windows 10 as you have removed the part of login credentials while restarting your PC. The last method explained is considered to be the safest and most convenient method but only when your PC is in sleep mode. Apply any of the described methods and make your work more easily while working with your PC.