Usually, every model of Roku needs WiFi so that it can get connected to the Internet. Although everything works normally when you connect Roku to any other unrecognized WiFi network but without a remote, it becomes a bit complicated.But if the situation says that your Roku is already affiliated to any WiFi and you want to change it to another, then the situation will be in your favour. Try the Roku App on your phone to make it a virtual remote and change the WiFi with a few clicks.
In this article, you will learn different methods that will help you to use Roku without WiFi. Try to understand the methods carefully & apply them for immediate results.
Working of Roku
If you want to binge-watch any latest movie or tv series on a Roku player or Roku TV, there’s a need for a good internet connection. You don’t require any external equipment for streaming if you are using your Roku TV. But you have to connect the HDMI port of your TV with the Roku streaming device so that you can start watching the shows. After setting up the equipment, you need to allow paid or free access to Roku via apps by using a hotspot connection or the internet connection. You can even plug in any external device to watch your favourite show or movie. Relevant or streamed content will be displayed in the form of rectangular boxes on the home screen that are known as Roku Channels. The way you use apps on your phone, this channel will work similarly. It just needs to be connected with a secure internet connection.
If you want to see any movie or TV series, you need the internet to access Roku. Here, we will be discussing some methods on how to use Roku without WiFi, all of this is dependent on the way you wish to consume content.
Method 1: Access to Ethernet Port
Now that we have explained a lot about the working of Roku and the requirements to access it, if you have a Roku Ultra streaming device or Roku TV and router is unable to support WiFi, just try to connect your Roku tool to the internet utilizing built-in ethernet port. Connect the router ethernet cable to the backside of the Roku TV or Roku Ultra TV. After finalizing the connection with the device, move ahead to configure the wired connection by following the given steps:
- Step 1: Switch on the Roku device.
- Step 2: Go to the Settings.
- Step 3: Select the Network and then tap on the ‘Wired’ option.
- Step 4: Move ahead with the provided instructions on the screen.
Also Read : iPhone slow on WiFi (Causes & Best Solutions)
Method 2: Utilize Screen Mirroring along with the Internet-less Router
If you don’t have a proper internet connection at your home, but you do have a wireless router, you can use this method by compiling it with the technique of screen mirroring of the content to your Roku equipment. You only have to connect your Roku device and phone with the same WiFi router and then enable the screen mirroring option on Roku. To do this, follow the given steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Setting tab present on the home screen of your Roku device. Click on the option of the system and then ‘Screen mirroring’.
- Step 2: Choose the service of ‘native screen mirroring on your phone. You can look out for this option from your phone settings or you can prefer a Google search.
- Step 3: Choose the Roku equipment from the tool of screen mirroring.
- Step 4: Now you have to approve the request on your Roku device.
- Step 5: Select the option of ‘Proceed Anyway’ after your Roku device asks for the ‘Rokucast’ option that does not use the internet.
After accepting the request for screen mirroring from your phone, you can view the screen content on your Roku TV. In this manner, you can access your Roku devices without using the internet and can binge-watch your favourite shows and movies. You can use your mobile data to see the wishlist contents.
Also Read : What Is Airtel Wifi Pack And How Customers Can Use In Airtel Wifi Zones
Method 3: Screen Mirroring Using the Hotspot of Your Phone
If you don’t have a proper router, you can use WiFi on both the devices i.e. your phone and Roku TV by connecting it with some other web. There’s a requirement of an additional phone with mobile hotspot for connecting both the devices with it.
- Step 1: Switch on the hotspot of the additional phone.
- Step 2: Go to the settings, click on the option of ‘Network and internet’, and tap on the option of ‘Hotspot and Tethering’.
- Step 3:Select ‘WiFi hotspot’ and toggle the switch to turn it on.
- Step 4: Now connect your Roku TV and phone with the mobile hotspot of an additional phone.
- Step 5: Go with the instructions that we have mentioned in the method of ‘screen mirroring along with the internet-less router’.
Also Read : Skip Sign In Windows 10 :Time-Saving Methods
Now if you are facing any internet connection issue with your Roku device, you can directly apply any of the mentioned methods to stream your favorite shows and movies with your friends and family. There’s nothing impossible in the field of technology. You just need the right website to look out for the solution. Therefore, we prefer you to go through our website if you are searching for any tech hack.