The iPad is known as one of the most used devices in today’s generation as half of the wealthy population is habituated to using such gadgets either for work or educational purposes. It’s seen that both students and corporate employees have been making excessive use of the iPad for designing posters, making graphics, drawing, studying, making presentations and many other activities as the iPad is leading the gadget pathway for now and seems to be in huge demand since it’s launch by Apple.
We agree that the iPad is commonly used these days but one thing that would stand common is the technical glitch arising in the iPad due to which it doesn’t turn on at times and causes hindrance in the study or work cycle of the people. This problem often arises if the iPad battery is dead due to which the device stops functioning properly at times which creates a ruckus for the customers. Moreover, there are chances that there might be serious hardware or software issues that could lead to this severe technical problem within the iPad.
Though all this seems to be a tough bundle of tasks, now we’re here to ease everything for you within just a few minutes. Just read this article taking your own time and you’ll see that the solution for resolving iPad not turning on issues is curated all at one single place.
Method 1: Restart the iPad
The first step which everyone recommends is restarting the device once again from scratch as this resolves almost 95% of the problems. Follow the steps below for restarting the iPad from baseline.
- Step 1: Shut down the iPad
- Step 2: Altogether tightly press and hold the Sleep/Wake situated at the topmost section of the iPad.
- Step 3: In case an Apple logo gets displayed on the screen then it states that the iPad is functioning normally and there’s no issue associated with it.
Method 2: Change the Charger of the iPad
Faulty or defective cables sometimes don’t let the iPad charge potentially and that’s when experts suggest changing the data cables. If your iPad is not turning on properly despite connecting with the charger then it’s possible that the cable is damaged and we suggest you change the same. Once you change the cables then connect the data cable once again and wait for some time until the Apple logo gets displayed on the screen.
Also Read: MacBook Pro Not Turning On
Method 3: Get into Recovery Mode
- Step 1: Connect the Apple cable to your iPad keeping the iTunes open on the device.
- Step 2: Press the Home button and hold it for a few seconds. This technique should resolve the issue and after a few seconds, an iTunes logo should get displayed on the screen.
In case, if this doesn’t happen then you need to repeat these steps 2-3 times consecutively. Later, release the home button when the iTunes logo gets displayed on the screen.
- Step 3: After performing the above steps you’ll see that an automatic message gets displayed on the screen stating that the iPad is in recovery mode.
- Step 4: Tap on the stated prompt which would ask you to restore your iPad to the factory settings.
Also Read: Simplistic Tips for Resolving MacBook Trackpad Problems
Method 4: Charge Your iPad
It’s possible that at times the iPad is discharged and you had no idea about it or what if plugging the iPad into the charger could resolve the issue. Follow the steps below for charging the iPad from the base point.
- Step 1: Take the charger of your iPad and plug it into the power socket.
- Step 2: Insert the Data Cable of the charger into the charging point of the iPad.
The iPad should start functioning after a few seconds after this procedure but if it doesn’t then it’s possible that the iPad battery got drained in extreme conditions. In such conditions follow another set of methods that would allow the iPad to function normally.
- Step 1: You need to connect the iPad to a wall outlet with the help of a cable and charger which would come associated with it.
- Step 2: Wait patiently for an hour as the iPad battery will take time to get charged fully.
- Step 3: Once the iPad is charged don’t use it excessively until it’s charged completely because it’s possible that the device is still low on power and continuous usage would drain its battery life.
Method 5: Contact the Customer Care
Customer Care tends to be the saviour for all of us as experts there repair the electronic devices at the earliest without any hassle. We would advise you that if none of the above methods works then in that case you should take your iPad to the nearest customer care so that they repair it using all the authentic components alongside keeping all the necessary precautions in mind. Though you’ll need to pay a certain amount of charges to the customer care for repairing the iPad if one doesn’t come under the warranty period stated by Apple. Although, the iPad is repaired free of cost if it gets damaged, broken or is not functioning properly under the warranty period.
Method 6: Indulge a Force Restart
- Step 1: Altogether press the Home & Sleep/Wake button for 10 sec which is displayed at the top of the iPad screen.
- Step 2: Wait for a few seconds until the Apple logo gets displayed on the screen and as soon as it’s shown then it’s evident that the iPad is functioning normally.
Also Read: MacBook Pro Charging (BEST Guide): Solutions to Fix the Problem
With this article, we have summed up all the efficient techniques and strategies for resolving the iPad issue if it’s not functioning properly. Though, still, we’ll suggest you to have a proper glance through the entire article and then proceed with the solutions because one slight mistake can hamper the entire device and its correlating system so make sure to fix the issue with ease. In case of any questions please let us know in the comments section below whether it’s related to the iPad not turning on or anything else so that we can sort it out for you soon.