Most of the time we often receive unwanted messages on our mobile phones which results in missing some crucial informative text messages. To eliminate this problem we tend to delete the entire column of messages in our inbox to empty it. Sometimes accidentally some important messages also get deleted along with these unwanted messages.
Here arises a problem when you need them back, but now the iPhone has integrated iCloud integration to store backups of text messages. This helped us to retrieve texts from iCloud with some tricks. But even the problem does not end here as some of the iPhone users do not use iCloud. So for them ,iTunes or Finder can be used as a backup that relies on the operating system the user is using at that moment.
Retrieve From iCloud Backup
Make sure that you need to have the iCloud backup on your phone before you get rid of the texts. If you have the iCloud backup follow the below steps to get the best results:
- Step 1: Open the ‘Settings’ option on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Then tap on your picture which is at the top of the screen or on your name.
- Step 3: Tap on iCloud and then on manage storage
- Step 4: Now tap on the ‘Backup’ option.
- Step 5: Now you will be able to see the list of all the available backups on the screen.
- Step 6: Tap on any one of the list credentials and then save it.
- Step 7: Now search for the device which contains the messages before you deleted them.
- Step 8: Perform a complete reset of your iPhone to factory reset settings before setting up your iPhone using an older backup even if you find a suitable backup.
- Step 9: Make sure that you save and copy all the data you want to keep as resetting your iPhone will delete all the data.
- Step 10: Now restore your iPhone by going to the Settings> General> Reset> Erase all Settings and Content.
- Step 11: The reset may take a few minutes, then the phone wakes up again and will take you through the usual setup where the recovery from a backup option is shown, so tap on that to get all your backup messages in one place.
Retrieve Deleted Text Without Overwriting
This method does not require a complete reset so it’s a brilliant method if it works.
- Step 1: Using your Apple ID and password login into Cloud.com
- Step 2: Then click on the text messages option.
- Step 3: You will see all the messages here so search for the messages you need.
- Step 4: Then select the iPhone and tap on settings >your name >iCloud
- Step 5: Make sure that your messages are turned off or you turn them off at that moment.
- Step 6: Now a popup will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 7: Then select the option ‘Keep on my iPhone’
- Step 8: Then go to settings and turn on your text messages.
- Step 9: Tap on the merge option and wait for a few minutes.
- Step 10: You will start receiving messages on your iPhone.
Retrieve From iTunes
If you are unable to back up from the iCloud then you can recover your messages from a backup on iTunes or Finder.
- Step 1: Connect your device to the PC or Mac from the backup.
- Step 2: Then go to iTunes or Finder and open it.
Step 3: While you open iTunes you can see the iPhone icon appear at the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Select or tap on that icon.
- Step 5: If it is Finder select your device from the left-hand menu bar.
- Step 6: Now select the ‘Restore Backup’ option.
- Step 7: The option is under the general tab in Finder.
- Step 8: Now the data in your phone will be replaced by the backup data.
- Step 9: This process may take a few minutes and should appear in the normal list on your iPhone.
Retrieve From Third-Party Apps
As a last and final option, you can install several third-party apps to retrieve your messages from your iPhone. To do this you need to just plug your iPhone into your computer, launch the app and follow the on-screen directions carefully and properly. Many file types from text to call history can be retrieved from these apps and they tend to function similarly.
- iMobie PhoneRescue
- Wondershare Dr.Fone
- Tenorshare UltData
Now you might have learned different methods to retrieve the deleted text messages on your iPhone. These methods are very useful to you if you follow the steps carefully as they save your time and effort. We assume that all the possible solutions related to the retrieval of the deleted text messages have been provided and are very helpful to you. Stay connected with us to get many more solutions related to other problems as well.